WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #1  
deleted2

Question Newbie With A Million Questions

Hi There!!!!! I just did South Beach for a week and saw some results but the misery wasn't worth the rewards and I think I need to try something different.

Every food you could eat on South Beach seemed to be a full blown cooking project Is it that way on Weight Watchers?

My 13 yr old son is overweight due to recovery from an injury....as long as he adds his extra serving of milk can he be on WW with me?

Would anyone be willing to share how much weight they lost in 2 months time I'm afraid of getting disappointed with super slow results.

I got into a pretty good exercise routine while on SB....will this make a big difference on WW?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice/info you guys can share. I don't want to give up on weight loss but South Beach isn't getting better!!!!

Old 04-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #2  
my baby with bubbles

S/C/G: 180/152/140

I have never tried the South beach diet, but I am doing ww I am now started week 3 and I have lost 8 pounds, 6 of them I lost the 1st week and the other 2 last week. I personally like it because i can still eat whatever I want, but I just have to limit my portions. If I want that muffin in the morning I can have it, and I have to make sure I make better decisions on lunch and dinner. you can bank your unused points for the drink on the weekend and you can always add to your daily points by exercising.

My mother does the adkins diet and there is no way I could limit my bread and potatoes like that! a small portion is better than no portion.

I think wieght watchers would be worth a try for you, I wish you the best of luck, I know you can do it!
Old 04-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #3  

Every food you could eat on South Beach seemed to be a full blown cooking project Is it that way on Weight Watchers?No, I ate the regular foods I ate all of the time, the points system on WW helps you to control portions and make better food choices and that is how you lose the weight (That is my opinion)

My 13 yr old son is overweight due to recovery from an injury....as long as he adds his extra serving of milk can he be on WW with me? I would talk to the WW leader or his doctor about that, I think that WW has a special program for kids because of their different diet needs because they are still growing

Would anyone be willing to share how much weight they lost in 2 months time I'm afraid of getting disappointed with super slow results.When I was on WW and was faithful to it, I lost a total of 8 lbs in 2 months, 16 in 4 months (guess I am predictable in that way)

I got into a pretty good exercise routine while on SB....will this make a big difference on WW? You can "earn" food points when you exercise on WW and can eat more if you want to

Hope this helps! Good luck whatever you chose!
Old 04-17-2006, 04:30 PM   #4  
deleted2

Thank you very much for the info.

I think we're gonna give it a try!!!!

Angel

Old 04-18-2006, 09:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

I have just finished week 3 on WW and am down 9.6 lbs! I did South Beach back in the beginning and I lost 20 lbs, but I just couldn't make it my lifestyle and gained it all back. With WW I can eat the foods that I want to, and attend weekly meetings to get information and hear what is and is not working for other people. The meeting leader has been very good about answering my questions.

I work out at Curves 5 days a week and it definitely has helped with my weight loss. Well, I don't know if it's helping me lose the weight, exactly, but it's definitely keeping me fit and toned. I'm slowly losing inches from working out, as well as weight from WW.

Anyway, I definitely think WW is worth a try. I tried for over a month on my own before finally joining WW and I didn't lose one pound! I'm finally seeing results and nothing can beat that!
Closed Thread