WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 08:25 PM   #1  

Default 2 Questions About Points...

Hi everyone. I have 2 questions and I thought I would post them. I did not find the answers anywhere on the WW boards.... so here I am. TIA for all of your help.

1. How many activity points are you allowed to use in one day?

2. How do you figure the activity points for the Crunch dance (one is the cardio video and and the other one is the fat burning video) videos?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:11 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

You can earn and use as many as you like however W/W states if you haven't been active then to limit to earning/usage for an average of 4 a day. This is so you don't over exercise and hurt yourself and that you don't over exercise just to over eat or compensate for over eating.

The videos will depend on the intensity they are for you. APs are determined by how intense, time done and your current weight plugged into the PointsCalculator.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:44 AM   #3  

Awesome! I think I did it right then. Yesterday I did 1 and a half crunch videos, walked for 20 minutes briskly, and mowed 3 lawns! Which totalled up as 17 points. I only took 8 though! But... I also deducted from my Flex Points instead of the 8 activity points just in case. I would rather eat to little then to much.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:17 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

eating to little is as bad as eating too much and can slow your metabolism down.

I never count anything for activity points that is not traditional activity --- this is my way of keepign it in balance and checked.

You really have to listen to your body to judge intensity. Most strength training and things like crunches are low intensity. Walking even at a brisk rate is only usually moderate.

I never count anything as high (even if I know my heart rate is up there). I usually figure the points for high and for moderate and take a happy medium -- again this is my own way of doing it to keep my APs in balance.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:28 AM   #5  

I was thinking about finding something in the middle for the results. That is a good idea. I do understand everything you said though. I think I should make it moderate to low intensity levels to just to stay on the safe side. I agree (thru learning) not enough food is jsut as bad as to much food. I am learning and making the changes. Thanks again!
Old 10-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #6  

I read somewhere that you can only use AP for food points if you exercised for at least 1 hour. Otherwise count the AP, but don't exchange for food points. Is this true? I am doing WW at home with the books purchased off an internet auction site so any info on APs and such are appreciated.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:26 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venencia
I read somewhere that you can only use AP for food points if you exercised for at least 1 hour. Otherwise count the AP, but don't exchange for food points. Is this true? I am doing WW at home with the books purchased off an internet auction site so any info on APs and such are appreciated.

No this is not true. If you workout for 20 minute and earn a point or two you can use them, if you work out for 10 hours and earn xx points you can use them.

It is for all your activity.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:59 PM   #8  

Thank you Kelly.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:12 PM   #9  

You can over use your AP's though. You have to really use your best judgement with that. I don't use them to much anymore. Like for example, if I earn 6 AP's I will only use 3 of them and then go into my flexies just to be safe.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:09 AM   #10  
Cowboy Up Chick

They shouldn't go into your Flex points at all. They are totally separate category and you need to use them the day you earn them or they are gone.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:35 AM   #11  

I'm sorry. I think I may have miss-worded that post. I don't use any many of my AP's anymore because sometimes I can earn a lot of them. So I use (not really go into... that was just worded wrong I think) my flex points instead for some of the AP's. I was told on the WW boards awhile back not to use more then 4 AP's a day. So I try to stay within that number.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:52 AM   #12  
Cowboy Up Chick

Just to clarify there is not now nor has there ever been a limit of using and/or earning 4 a day. It has always been if you haven't been active or are not being followed by a fitness professional and/or MD to limit the earning to an average of 4 a day so you 1) don't over exercise and hurt yourself and 2) you don't over exercise just to or compensate for over eating.

Don't be afraid to use what you earn but be very, very honest in what you 'estimate' the earning at (but always remember they are optional so it is your choice). Many, many people over estimate their intensity thus give themselves more APs than they truly earn.

The best way is to learn about heart rate and use that along with breathing. Sweat which is one of the indicators that W/W gives isn't a very good indicator for example my DH sweats a lot and that can happen just sitting in front of the TV whereas I rarely sweat even doing a high intensity cardio routine. However once you know your body sweat may be an indicator for you. LOL!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:11 PM   #13  

Thanks for the explination Kelly. If I ever need anything I sure know your the one to ask!!

I have a WW exercise video with 3 different exercise (3 different intencities) on it. It explains all of what you talking about. I just did it the other day. it is very interesting. I think I am going to watch the DVD in full just to see what the WW lady says on there lol.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #14  
Cowboy Up Chick

I have that too but I haven't looked at it..
Old 11-01-2005, 06:37 PM   #15  
RoseyTree

Question Heard the same about Activity Points- 1 hr per day

I'm brand new on here, just found this site and it looks wonderful...anyway I was told initially by my WW leader that we could only use activity points IF we did a minimum of 1 hour per day. This is also in one of our little pamphlets...also that we can only use a maximum of 12 per week regardless of if we earn 4 per day..and that they do not carry over to the next week. On here it says it says we can use up to as many as we earn...per day. Which is correct? I sure like the thought of using as many as earned, and also heard it is one point for 50 calories. ALL help is SO much appreciated. I can no longer go to the meetings due to distance and we're in a financial fix right now. Thanks again.
Closed Thread