WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 07:16 PM   #1  

Default Applebees

Has anyone tried the new Weight Watchers items that Applebees now has available?

I went last night and had the onion soup (3 points), baja chicken wrap (10 points) and chocolate cake (4 points). I had researched the menu online beforehand and saved up enough points for all of that.

The soup and cake were great. The piece of cake was small but very good.

However, I was disappointed with the main course. The wrap was small and not very filling. If I hadn't had the soup, I would have been really hungry. It was also supposed to be served with a side of fruit. Mine had 3 small triangles of pineapple on a piece of lettuce.

My sister had a different main course (don't remember which) and was also disappointed with the size.

I understand that the sizes are portioned for the point values but I think a good size salad on the side would be a good addition to make you have a bit more to eat for zero or one more point.

Thoughts??

Christine
Old 05-24-2004, 08:48 PM   #2  
CIN

I went to Applebees Sunday for my much anticipated WW Dinner.............I..too was disappointed.I ordered the Sizzling Chicken skillet..first of all it was not hot......and certainly not sizzling.it had big pieces of yellow squash.sliced thick............I did eat every bite but would not order it again!

By the way .as a WW Leader I had a free meal certificate..so it was even more disappointing....however I will try another entre.I should have ordered the Mesquite Salad.heard it was good. It could have been that particular location too! We will try again!

Cin
Old 05-25-2004, 08:44 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

This is funny because almost everyone I have talked to (I haven't made it yet..going on Friday) has said the food has been good and the portions are what they should be in relation to normal eating and not what most restaurants serve. I wonder if it was just the 'newness' that your food wasn't good or if it was just a 'lack of attention to detail' on the part of the cook. If it wasn't hot I'd have sent it back but that is just me. As for the squash...I can't stand it an find I have to pick it out when (rarely as it is) I eat any of the frozen meals it is in there.

I can't wait to try Applebees.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 05-25-2004 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:30 PM   #4  
CIN

Kelley
I did send it back for a warm up!

Your reply what about what I would expect from you!

Cin
Old 05-26-2004, 07:24 AM   #5  

Hi Ladies!
I am excited that Applebee's has these new entrees. I find portion sizes to be difficult as I am what is called a "volume eater" and need TONS of food to keep me happy. I think ordering a side salad with 1 point dressing (must be available there?) would help to fill me up. Not sure if I'd dare to order the cake, I'd lose control.
Linda in NH
Old 05-26-2004, 07:42 AM   #6  
CIN

Linda
We are still all excited..................it is nice to be sure about the preparation & portion size.....as far as the cake..................it is a small slice on a big plate....... 3 bites and its gone...$4.29 here! So you wouldnt miss much!

Hopefully other rest. will join in and partnership with WWers too!

Cin
Old 05-26-2004, 08:54 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

Linda,

While I agree for the most part I am a volume eater too...that is what got us here in the first place...over the years I have (and still am) learning I don't need that much to be satisified.

Cin,

I agree I hope more do and someone mentioned that Ruby Tuesdays has now both Low-Fat and Low-Carb entrees with nutritional info listed on the menu....makes it easier for us.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:11 PM   #8  

Hello Ladies,

I went to Applebees the other day with my mother in law and we each got a bowl of the soup and we split the tortilla chicken melt. I was very satisfied. I wasn't stuffed full like I used to be after going to a restaraunt but I think that made me feel better. I felt like I had eaten a portion that was healthy and yet it tasted great. Maybe I was just desperate for restaurant food...

Tracy
Old 07-02-2004, 10:43 AM   #9  

I tried the mesquite salad but was disappointed in the dressing. A barbeque ranch type dressing to me should be creamy, but this was clear. Anyone else have the same experience? Did I just get served the wrong thing?
Old 07-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #10  
Cowboy Up Chick

Sound like you got a wrong dressing. What you got sounds like a vinegarette but I havent' had it so I am not sure.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:53 AM   #11  

I finally went and tried one of the WW dishes at Applebee's last night... the grilled tilapia and mango salsa. It tasted very good, and was filling, but the veggies left something to be desired (the carrots were a wee bit dry, and the squash was soggy, but the broccoli was excellent, so i suppose it all evens out). Also, would it kill them to put it on a smaller plate?! I don't have any gripe with the portion size, because it was indeed just right, it's just a psychological issue to be presented with a gigantic plate that's only about 1/3 to 1/2 full. If they'd use a plate that made it look like the full, healthy meal it is, it would probably result in many more satisfied customers and glowing reviews.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:21 PM   #12  
It is what it is...

Hi Ladies

I went to Applebees last Friday night with my sister, I ordered the sizzlin chicken, I found it to be a little on the dry side but all in all pretty good once you added some salsa and the dressing that they give you...I was pretty satisfied with just that part of it but I had to try the 4 point chocolate cake with the raspberry sauce, I have heard of some complaints with it but I found it to be very good...I cannot wait to go back and try some of the other entrees...
Old 07-30-2004, 06:17 PM   #13  

I have tried the Grilled Tilapia on 3 different occasions. I have an observation regarding the rice pilaf. Last night it was a yellow color rice and unless I am losing my mind (a possibility) on the prior visits it was white color. I hope they did not put the wrong rice.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:59 AM   #14  
Cowboy Up Chick

The color change may have been a little saffron with is a spice and a freebie..it wouldn't change the points...or they could have steamed it in chicken broth again it wouldn't change the points
Old 08-01-2004, 01:59 PM   #15  

Exclamation

I love the Grilled Teriyaki Shrimp @ Applebees. They give you 2 skewers of shrimp (I think there were 10 shrimp), rice & veggies. I had that the other day and the chocolate cake. I agree---the cake was small but satisfied my craving for dessert. I loved it though!! Wish more restaurants would jump on that wagon and not hide anything about nutritional information. And providing the points means we don't have to!
Closed Thread