WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 09:11 PM   #1  
REC

Besides potato, what else is typically in potato gnocchi? I don't need a recipe, just curious about ingredients. It is such a point friendly Italian resaurant food (and delicious).

I notice in the book that cheese and spinach gnocchi have three times the points of potato gnocchi. I can understand the cheese one, but what is in the spinach one that makes it high?
Old 02-16-2001, 10:08 PM   #2  

Hi REC!
My husband is Italian and just loves Gnocchi. I can "tolerate" a few!! Anyhow, they are basically, as you know, potato, along with some flour, and egg. That's it. That is why they are low in points. The other types of Gnocchi, like spinach or cheese is when you start getting into more points because there are more ingredients. The spinach one from a recipe I have has ricotta and parmesan cheese plus butter.
Pat
Old 02-16-2001, 10:28 PM   #3  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Gnocchi tastes so rich that I never even bothered checking it out in my book. Of course you are right because it is NOT fried and it's just potato and egg. Thanks so much. I have avoided it because I didn't consider it something I could eat on a healthier eating plan. Now I have to check exactly how many points it is for a cupful, but I know I love gnocchi and it fills me in much more than plain pasta.
Old 02-17-2001, 01:16 AM   #4  
REC

Thanks for your responses!

itryharder--1 cup of potato gnocchi is only 4 points. I'm guessing I had two cups yesterday for a late lunch with a little sauce (1 point). I was very full for 9 points and was still full even at dinnertime.
Old 02-17-2001, 05:24 AM   #5  

Aren't some types of gnocchi made with potato flour, as opposed to mashed/minced potatoes? The ones made exclusively of flour would be much more caloric.
Closed Thread