WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 04:15 PM   #1  

Unhappy

I have been doing WW for three weeks. I am quite active and for the last two weeks I have been exercising at least 50 minutes per day. I fall in the 18-23 point/day range. The first week I lost 4 pounds (likely water). The next week I lost two but went back up two right after my weigh in. This week I still have not lost. What's up with that. I have only messed up my daily points once in the three weeks. Anyone have any thoughts? I read on a post that severely limiting fats could be a bad thing. I do eat mostly fat free. I am getting frustrated. Anyone have any input for me?
Old 05-11-2001, 04:25 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Default You aren't giving us alot to go on.....

Here is a post that might help you:

1) Where in your points range are you eating? Most people find they lose better when eating mid-range to
high-range. Especially if you are exercising you need to eat toward the high end and not the low end. The reason
is because your body thinks it is starving and slows down your metabolism and holds on to the calories you
intake.

2) What are you spending your points on? Review EATING BY THE NUBMERS (complex carbs 6-9 points,
protien 6-8 points, veggies/fruits 0-3 points, dairy 4-6 points, fats 2-3 points). If you follow the suggested
minimum amount of points spend on each food category it totals up to 18 points. I also find if I don't eat close
to the figures they have I don't lose as well. Also make sure you get in some REAL fat (butter, margarine, mayo,
real salad dressing, etc). I had subconsciously removed almost all fat from my diet and had plateaued for SIX
(count them 6) months. Make sure you get in some fat.

3) Are you drinking your water?

4) Are you eating alot of processed foods (canned, frozen, etc.) which contain alot of sodium which causes
water retention. What about diet sodas? They can cause bloating and water rentention.

5) Are you exercising? Have you taken your measurements to see if you are building muscle while losing?
Remember muscle weighs 2.2 times more than fat and takes up less space. If you are exercising remember to eat
high in your point range.

6) Are you journaling? This includes every BLT (bite, lick and taste). Those BLTs can add up in 'hidden'
points.

7) Are you calculating points correctly? Ninety percent of new members don't count points correctly. I have a
favorite muffin and until last week (I've been on program for almost 2 years) I just realized my 3 point muffin is
really 6 points because it is 2 servings. Make sure you use the nutritional information rather than the 'generic'
list W/W puts out. You'll find alot of differences.

Once you have analyzed these things then you need to start playing with the program to adapt it to you and
your body. Like reducing the carbs and increasing the protien and stuff like that.

Kel

The first week will have a large loss as most of it will be water loss. It will slow down. Stay off the scales if you can your weight can vary several times a day.
Old 05-11-2001, 09:04 PM   #3  

Default wow

Thank you so much for your reply. You have given me a lot to think about. I have been trying to hit 18 on the nose and I have cut out most fats. I think my distribution is ok but something is up. You have been a big help.
Old 05-11-2001, 10:02 PM   #4  

Default ditto on the fats

I am stressing this because I am absolutely positive that it happened to me. I ate all fat free and lost hardly anything. I started adding some fat and immediately(the next day)saw the scale start moving down. Try it, it really is worth it. What I added for fat was 1T of shedds spread lite, 1T=1pt and has 5grams of fat and whatever fat grams is in a skinless chicken thigh. I would have these and 1 can of green beans and 8oz of boiled potatoes for dinner and it was a huge 7pt meal, very satisfying and filling and best of all it got my weight loss moving again. Seriously try it for a couple of days and see if it works for you.

See Ya
Bren
Closed Thread