Old 04-09-2001, 01:04 PM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Question

low fat hot dogs:

calories: 56
fat : 3.2

it is borderline between 1 and 2 points. I am eating two for lunch so maybe should I could them at 3 pts for thw two of them? if you double the values that is teh point value. Or should I count them at 2 pts each for a total of 4....or should I count them at 1 pt each for a total of 2?

I appreiciate your imput, thanks

(hugs)
Angie
Old 04-09-2001, 01:13 PM   #2  
LM

Using the points calculating equation, I get 1.4 points per dog. So I guess you're safe calling them 1.5 points each.

The equation is calories/50 + fat grams/12 - fiber grams/5 = points
Old 04-09-2001, 01:19 PM   #3  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default another question?

Thanks for the response. I was hoping for 1 pt each for a total of two...but hey, 3 points IS better then 4.

Now I just realized that I put ketchup on them and that ketchup is 1 point for 1/4 cup....but I most certanly did NOT have /4 cup of ketchup. I didn't measure but it was just one line of ketchup per hot dog. So what do you think....1/2 pt?

Thanks,

Angie
Old 04-09-2001, 03:45 PM   #4  

Default Points

I would count the hot dogs as 1 pt each or 3 pts for 2. If you use a 1/4 c of ketsup it would be 1 pt. If you use less and have the two hot dogs for 3 pts I wouldn't count the ketsup. Sometimes we can drive our selves crazy with the details. You know if you tend to over or under count and then how is your weight loss going. If you are losing regularly then don't worrry. If the weight loss slows then you might tighten up on the points.
Old 04-10-2001, 09:35 AM   #5  
LM

1/4 cup of ketchup is a pretty good amount of ketchup. One line of Ketchup would be free. two lines of ketchup would be free. great big blob and a half of ketchup might be 1/2 point.

measure it sometime. you'll see that 1/4 cup is alot.
Closed Thread