WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 12:51 PM   #1  
Ribbit

Default How important is breakfast?

How important is it to WW (and to dieting in general) that you eat breakfast? I've never really been the breakfast sort... I've been having English muffins this week, though, and I'm finding that I'd rather have the few extra points to use on lunch/dinner/snack.

What's your opinion on this, and is there any official word from WW?

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2004, 01:31 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

I think WW stresses that breakfast is important because it starts off your day and one is not tempted to eat more at lunch. Also, whatever you eat early in the morning is burned off quickly.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:51 PM   #3  
Running Babe

I know that there are probably hundreds of articles on this somewhere, but breakfast is VERY important. I think officially WW does recommend breakfast (they at least strongly endorse it). Basically think of breakfast like it's name, you're breaking a fast. Eating breakfast fires up the metabolism for the day. I have read that it is recommended that you eat breakfast within an hour of waking. If you wait too long your bodyw ill go into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down. I used to never eat breakfast, now I always do. I know it's hard, but eating breakfast helps moderate sugar levels. Don't be afraid to use flex points for that matter either for your other meals.

Breakfast doesn't have to be a big point matter. A yogurt sprinkled with granola; and english muffin with cream cheese; a yogort and a piece of fruit; milk and cereal; leftovers from the night before.

I hope this helps!

Alison
Old 04-07-2004, 03:17 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Like the last post. It starts your metabolism for the day. If you find you want extra points for lunch and dinner use your APs and FPs.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:04 AM   #5  

Its also a really great time to get some fiber in, in the form of a small bowl of cereal. Really gets you moving
Old 05-04-2004, 02:42 AM   #6  

Default How important is breakfast, you ask ...

I've read articles in the past that said that eating breakfast greatly decrease a persons chance of having a stroke or heart attack. Eating breakfast really IS important! ...THAT'S what I get up for!
Old 05-22-2004, 10:36 PM   #7  

I also belive it is important. There have been many studies done on this and they have all reached the same conclusion...people loose more weight, keep it off, boosts your metabolism, etc

One of my easy and fast favorite breakfasts that I have vitually every morning (I'm a person of habit with this...lol) is toast with 1 T peanut butter on top....the heat from the toast kinda melts the pb and it's soo good. Plus it has fiber (toast), fat and protein (pb).

So start with something, anything you like, it doesn't have to be much like the others have said.

Skinnymini
Closed Thread