WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 10:25 AM   #16  

I agree with having a hard time with the new FlexPoints. I've lost about 50 pounds on WW over the last year and loved it. I feel that the new journal makes it harder to plan out the week, and the 35 FPs make me feel like I'm overeating when I go over my target point (I know that's just mental). I'm not usually resistent to change, and I did still lose on it the first 3 weeks on the FlexPoints, but I went back to the old journal and 5-point daily range. It's no different really, other than perspective. For those of you trying WW for the first time, regardless of the old or new way, the points system is really easy.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:09 PM   #17  
Cowboy Up Chick

If you think about it there are only 2 major changes between FLEX POINTS and WINNING POINTS -- 1) you have to use your activity points the day you earn them if you choose to use them at all but you cannot bank them for use later and 2) the added 2 points back to make the ranges what they were with 1-2-3 Success for the total points per week.

The similiarities are:

1) You still have a minimum point to reach but it is now called TARGET POINTS

2) You still have a range if you divide your FlexPoints by 7 for a 5 point spread each day -- any you don't use can go back into your 'bank'

3) You still have banked points but they are called FlexPoints and given to you all at once instead of you having to put them in your bank

4) You still need to drink water (6 8-ounce glasses a day is recommended)

5) You still need to get in your dairy (2-3 servings a day)

6) You still need a combo of 5 fruits/veggies servings

So you see there is only 2 major changes and everything else is the same.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:54 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi,

I just want to make sure I understand this all right. At my weight, my minimum # of points is 30. I can add on 5 pts a day for 35 ... is that right?

I have an earlier program and in there I have a range of 29-33. So does that mean I can add on an additional 2 pts max/per day on each day? So my spread would become 31-35?

Am I making sense? LOL...

thanks,
Cassie
Old 09-28-2003, 12:49 PM   #19  
Cowboy Up Chick

If that is the way you want to break up your FlexPoints then yes. Or you could just save them for a special occasion. There is no limit to the amount of FlexPoints you can use in one day but once they are gone they are gone.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:57 AM   #20  
~*~Lani~*~

WOW

How confusing...lol im glad im starting 2morrow,but atlest i sorta know what im getting myself into,Whats to lose? except weight!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 08:20 PM   #21  

This is just a test gang. Be back later.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:24 PM   #22  

Oooh ! I don't like that monkey. Hmmm. How do I change the avatar? I thought it was going to be a cute monkey!

I'll be back.

But while we're talking flex plan. I can say that I absolutely love it.

It takes away a lot of the guilt I had with winning points. I find I'm much more honest about my points - now that I have more to use and don't have to "bank" them.

Okay - I'm off to get rid of that monkey - I want something cute!
Old 10-26-2003, 09:02 PM   #23  

I'm with you, Dorian. I've done well with the flex plan. If you have a bad day, you don't feel as if you have failed. PS The monkey has to go!

Bluefly
Old 10-26-2003, 09:21 PM   #24  

hey bluefly,

Look whose talking. Your avatar isn't so pretty either.

Dang! Why didn't I pick that cute kitty!
Old 10-26-2003, 09:30 PM   #25  

Hey Dorian, guess who? These threads are great, thanks!

M
Old 10-26-2003, 09:37 PM   #26  

By the way, does anyone know if ww sells new points calculators that allow the new flex points function. I just recently bought one of their other ones, which was for the old points program. No wonder it was on sale :-/
Old 10-26-2003, 09:59 PM   #27  

Yes, Yogatime4Me,

They cost $30 at my center - much larger than the former ones - but difficult to figure out.

I still prefer e-tools over all the other journal options.

Hmm. I see we are all "junior members" I wonder how many post do we have to do to become "senior members"

This is interesting. And lots of fun.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:44 AM   #28  

Talking

Dorian, thanks for the info on the calculator. I may go and purchase one. The old one is ok but you have to figure in the flex points, etc.

Off to do some work...
Old 10-27-2003, 09:27 AM   #29  

Where is bluefly this morning?

I want to show her. The MONKEY went bye by.e I don't know what this thing is I have up here now. But he's a heck of a lot cuter than the monkey.

Well, I take it you don't journal food items - but just points? The extra nice feature on the new calculators is that they keep track of your water/fruit/veggies/milk requirements. So if you at least get those items in every day - you won't be wasting ALL your points on the wrong stuff.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:33 AM   #30  

Default so confused re flex points

Hi all,

Have read all the postings and still confused. Hopefully, you gu ys can help me, or at least tell me if I'm on the right track

I weigh less than 150 lbs. On old points program this meant I had 18-23 points per day to use. The min. I understand to be 20 points under flex points. Assuming I eat that 20 everyday, how many extra points do I have to use-is it still 35? Or is it the 3 extra points I wasn't using under the old program multiplied by the weeek which would mean an extra 21 points for someone less than 150 lbs)
And everyday I exercise I get extra points that need to be used that day?
Closed Thread