WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 02-24-2014, 01:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/208/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGirl16 View Post
Hi all! I have just seriously started doing WW a couple of weeks ago. There are some low point snacks, like yogurt, fruit, and some veggies, that I like for my snacks. But it's starting to get a little repetitive. What are all of your favorite low point snacks, and your favorite free fruits and veggies to munch on?
I made a cucumber/tomato salad and separated into snack containers. I just cut up some cherry tomatoes, yellow and red, and cucumber with just a bit of red onion. Then I spritzed some balsamic vinaigrette on it. I seem to be doing great with this snack. and other people see me eating it and are jealous...lol, i think that helps a ton.

I'm also diggin the activia light vanilla yogurt with half of a fiber one snack bar mixed in, when i am craving a dessert and sick of jello or pudding.
betterway247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:12 AM   #17  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
I do but I don't make snack portion sized hummus. I make enough to last me a week.

Cooked chickpeas
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Roasted garlic
Roasted red pepper (optional)

Sorry, no measurements, I do it to taste although I do go easy on the olive oil and I keep the food processor running for a longggg time until it's creamy and smooth. I find it just fine without tahini for me.
I love hummus and buy it in the store. How long does this last once you've made it. Sounds good. Do you use canned chickpeas?
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #18  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Koshka and Betterway247,

No canned, I cooked the chickpeas from scratch. I forget where but I learned a tip to add baking soda (I just sprinkle maybe a teaspoon or so?) to the pot of water and chickpeas to make them more softer and less grainy. I usually cook 4 servings at a time (180 grams dry.) I only add 1 tablespoon of oil or less. If liquid is needed, I usually add water, sometimes a little extra lemon juice, or sometimes from the pot that the chickpeas were cooked in.

No idea on the points, sorry. I'd go by your ingredients and be sure not to get roasted red pepper in oil but if you do, use the oil from the jar! It was a delicious mistake I made once, lol.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #19  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Ooh, another favorite of mine is oven roasted carrot "fries"- wash carrots well, slice any size you want be it lengthwise, sticks, etc but not too thin though! Toss in a little bit of oil or use spray, and seasoning of your choice (I like roasted garlic, pepper and a bit of salt) then bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Be sure to turn halfway. Great by itself or with some homemade ranch dip.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote