WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 10:49 AM   #1  
Chick

Default Ideas for breakfast

Hello to all! I am considering going back on program. After 9/11 everything went to h_ _ _ . I mean that I had no interest in anything that I was interested in. But now I realise that I need to be back on program and start W.W. again. (For the umteenth time). I need some ideas for some quick, easy breakfasts that I can have that maybe contain a little protein. I found that cereal will not stay with me for very long. Is it a bad idea to have a hard boiled egg in the a.m. along with a piece of Vogel bread toasted and some margarine? I would like to have that maybe 3 times a week. Is that too much egg?? What other kinds of breakfast proteins are there?? Silly question, I know, but I need some help! Thank you all in advance.
googies
Old 08-28-2002, 11:20 AM   #2  

I don't think that's too many eggs in a week. I know it use to be that you shouldn't eat more than 2 eggs per week, but that was years ago.

For breakfast this morning, I had 2 rice cakes with 2 tbsp whipped peanut butter for a total of 5 points. The whipped peanut butter is hard to find ~~ my MIL shipped it to me from Florida.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-28-2002, 01:35 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

You can have an egg and some fat-free sausage (try Morningstar or any of the turkey links, but check the label, many of them calculate to one point).

Try the Aunt Jemima frozen low-fat pancakes (1 pt. each).

Make an egg white omelet and fill it with cut up veggies.

Use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray instead of margarine

Try Lenders frozen bagels (3 pts, I think).

Thomas' English Muffins (oat bran) are only 2 pts. each.

Check out the recipes here, on dwlz.com and on the Weight Watchers site. There are some great ones. This morning I had Raisin Bread French Toast (yummy).

As you can see, there are lots of choices.

Happy Losing!
Old 08-28-2002, 02:49 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I need protein in the morning too otherwise I'm starving by 10 a.m. Here are some of the things I have for breakfast:

toast or Thomas' English muffin with whipped cottage cheese (1/4 c = 1 pt)
3/4 Whole Grain Total cereal with skim milk: 3 pts (sometimes I add a few slivered almonds and a few dried cranberries for flavor)
egg sandwich (2 eggwhites/bacon bits/2% cheese/2 pieces bread) for 4 points (if you use light bread it's only 3 points)

I also like making an egg white omelet (3 whites=1 pt)
Old 08-28-2002, 10:04 PM   #5  

I am interested in breakfasts also. But, i don't have the luxury of sitting down and eating it. I have to have things that I can make or grab in a hurry and eat in the car on the way to work. I need food that will keep me from getting hungry in the middle of the morning. An Egg McMuffin is usually pretty good (7 points), but that gets expensive. Any ideas for breakfasts on the go?
Thanks!
Old 08-29-2002, 02:15 PM   #6  

During the school year I usually have to eat my breakfasts on the go, too. I'm not the biggest fan of traditional breakfast foods, so quite often my breakfast will be a tortilla or pita stuffed with some high-protein stuff. Pretty much anything can be wrapped in a tortilla and called a meal: leftover meats, hummus and cheese, refried beans, vegetarian sausages and etc. It takes about 2 minutes to fix and I'm on my way.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:18 PM   #7  

Hi, googies,

If you're concerned about the cholesterol in the eggs, hard boil them, then take out the yolks before you eat them. You can have 3 egg whites for 1 point (vs. 2 points per one whole egg), so you get more food that way, too.

For another breakfast on the go, I scramble egg whites with salsa the night before, then put them in a whole-wheat pita. You could throw in a slice of low-fat cheese, too, if you wanted. In the morning I heat it up in the microwave or a toaster oven.

A better-than-peanut-butter (or any lowfat peanut butter) and jelly sandwich on 1 point bread also makes a good breakfast on the run.

-Jamie
Old 08-30-2002, 09:01 AM   #8  

For a quick breakfast on the go, put fruit and low fat yogurt in the blender and put on high. You can pour it into a travel mug, and you are getting fruit and milk products. Today I had fresh blueberries and non-fat vanilla yogurt. Delicious and filling.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:38 AM   #9  
WW Lifetime Member

Egg white omlettes are the answer for me .. . I find that I rarely get hungry before lunch if I have one for breakfast. I use 3 egg whites (1 pt) with about a tsp of water added, a bunch of sliced up fresh mushrooms (0 pts) cooked a little bit in the pan (sprayed with non-stick spray), chopped green pepper (0pts) and sometimes a half a cheese string thing added in pieces (1pt).

It IS my favourite breakfast!!

Trina
Old 08-30-2002, 01:10 PM   #10  

My favorite thing for breakfast is a mock "sausage mcmuffin." I take a Boca Sausage patty for 1 pt (8 g of protein), a Thomas Oat Bran English Muffin for 2 pts (4 g protein) and then a slice of Kraft 2% cheese for 1 pt (4 g protein) for a total of 4 pts and 16 g of protein. This meal really sticks with me.

Also, I find that meals with a high fiber content really fill me up. I mix a cup of Multi-Grain Cheerios (2pts) with some All-bran or Fiber One (.5 pt) to add more fiber and then have a cup of Sun Soy soy milk for 1 pt and then throw in a 1/2 cup of blueberries for .5 pt. So, the whole thing is 4 pts and is loaded with fiber that fills me up until lunch.

I really like waffles, so I get the Eggo Special K waffles. Two of those are two points. I then take some Log Cabin sugar-free syrup and put that on (a 1/4 cup is only 1 pt) and then use the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray for 0 pts. I also serve a Boca Sausage Patty with it for only 4 pts.
Old 08-30-2002, 01:40 PM   #11  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

I LOVE the Egg Beaters. I make an omelet with the almost fat free ham in it, (like 60 calories for 6 slices) and throw in onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatos...maybe even some fat free cheese and then top it with salsa and have some light toast...YUM...and if you eat it about 10:30 or so, you won't be able to eat lunch!

Kind of a brunchy thing.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:19 PM   #12  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I eat heart to heart cereal from Kashi (they look like cherrios and little hearts - I can't eat the other "twig" cereals they have) I miss it with my favourite yogurt (currently Key Lime Pie - yummy)
total 3 points!!!

I do eat the egg whites like everyone here too

Dana
Old 09-02-2002, 07:21 AM   #13  

Yesterday I had an Amy's Breakfast Burrito (found in the health food store) and it was great!

It's got tofu, tomatoes, potatoes, black beans spices and it microwaves GREAT. Only 4 points too. Not being tofu's #1 fan, I took the initial teeny-tiny bite....and then devoured the sucka!

I get dizzy by noon if I eat cold cereal only!

Kris
Old 09-06-2002, 01:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Default oatmeal

I like instant maple oatmeal with a can of peaches - 4 points

WW toast with peanut butter (3 points)
Old 09-09-2002, 12:08 AM   #15  

Thanks to all of you who helped me with my breakfast dilemma. I will try some of the yummy suggestions!
Thanks again!
Closed Thread