WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 04-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/193/154

Height: 5'4

Default I'm in a breakfast rut!

Hey Ladies,

Okay so the basics are I am 19, on WW and from UK.

Every morning I have cereal because i can't think of any tasty, filling low points breakfasts.

How many points does everyone use roughly at breakfast and are there any ideas of healthy but tasty breakfasts I could try?

Thanks!
AugustGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

too many to list!

How about a egg/veg rollup
Oatmeal and fruit
omlet

And how says you have to eat "breakfast food" for breakfast. anything you like is fine
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Kashi cereal with a bunch of strawberries or blueberries
6 egg white omelet with low fat cheese for four points
english muffin with a little I can't believe it's not butter spray and honey
steel cut oats with a little honey or brown sugar and half a banana
I love to use our local co-ops honey on a ton of my grains, and I have managed to still lose the weight
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah.. there are a lot of ideas.. run to the breakfast section of the recipe forum..

But I like to do:
Oatmeal with fresh fruit
Milk with fresh fruit (today was milk, apple and strawberries)
if you like eggs do some stuff with those. You can add veggies to scrambled eggs...
Yogurt and fresh fruit
french toast made with light bread. (I do that for a treat )

Hope that helps!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #5  
No giving up

S/C/G: ticker/ticker/126

Height: 5ft4

When I want something different I have a bacon sandwich (4 Rashers of bacon) or sausage sandwich.

Weight watchers bacon (0.5 points per rasher)
Weight watchers Pitta bread (1.5 points)

Total - 3.5pts

Or I have a sausage sandwich

Bowyers sausages 2.5pts for 2
Weight watchers pitta bread 1.5pts

Total - 4pts
2legit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #6  

I see that you started your weightloss where I am...nice to see you have 11 lbs. left to lose.....I get discouraged before I even start....can you give me some hints or ideas to stay on track and be committed to weightwacthers and losing the weight?...I have done weightwatchers before, have been successful once, but just cannot seem to stay on the wagon....doesn't help that I work at home, and food cries out to me!....I know don't have it in your house and you won't be tempted to eat it!....have to auveously work on all of this....
tammystwogirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Tammy: it's always a hard balance. You also need to get the motivation and determination to do this. And once you have that attitude, don't lose it, which is hard. We all have setbacks.. and times when we eat something we really shouldn't. Remember that we aren't perfect.
I also try to make goals other than JUST reading a smaller number on the scale. Things such as:
Eating more fruit
Drinking 8cups or more water
eating all veggies and fruits each day
Trying new foods
Exercising more each week
Take measurements and set a mini goal with those
only have junk food after you've had all of the "whole" foods
only splurge on food once a week

Little things that I call baby steps. All of those are for your betterment health wise. I think sometimes we all get stuck on the scale as the only means to see accomplishment. Yet, by taking a step back and looking at ways we have improved our lifestyle since we started and setting mini goals outside of the scale we can see more enjoyment.

Also another key too is making sure you focus on this as not just a diet. That this is a lifestyle change. This is going to be something you do. That there is nothing that will stop it.

Remember that even if there's weeks that you don't lose weight that you are still bettering yourself. The weeks I don't lose, I try to reflect on some of the good things. There are weeks when our bodies need to catch up with all of the changes. So even if there's a week when you've stayed completely on point and you don't lose, its not the end of the world. You'll get through it and keep reflecting on the good. And when there's weeks that you mess up, just get right back up and keep going.

Don't forget to enjoy the journey. This shouldn't be a time where you stress our completely over weigh-ins. You'll get too discouraged. Instead focus on the positives and what you enjoyed that week. Even if it was a bad food week, look at something you enjoyed! If it was a family gathering, enjoy the company and the food and move on the next day. Don't starve yourself of things you enjoy the most. Don't stress out over different events in life that you don't enjoy that time. Relax and take it one step at a time...

That's how its done. It's easier said than done. But, it works
And remember too, this forum is an awesome support network. Even if all you need to do is to vent, do it. There is always someone around to listen and generally there are people here who are or have experienced the same thing you have! You can do this!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:35 PM   #8  

Cottage cheese and fruit
Grilled cheese sandwich with turkey bacon and tomato
yogurt parfait with berries and granola
whole wheat pancakes or waffles with sugar free syrup
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #9  

I think eggs and some fruits is good for breakfast. Don't eat too much meat and bread in the morning.
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 276.2/270/160

I enjoy a banana smoothie and a piece of Weight Watcher's String Cheese.
4 points for the smoothie and 1 point for the cheese.

Smoothie Recipe:

1 cup skim milk
1/2 banana
1 container Weight Watcher's Vanilla Yogurt (frozen)

Blend until smooth
thedawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

I tried this recipe since my husband loves eggs benedict I'm glad I found something pretty similar for me. The recipe is from the WW Momentum Cookbook:

Serves 2 (I adjust mine to 1 serving always).

2 large eggs
1 teaspoon sunflower oil
2 (1 ounce) slices Canadian bacon
1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
2 (3/4 ounce) slices fat free cheddar cheese

Snipped fresh chives

1- Fill a medium skillet with 1 1/2 inches of water and bring to boil. Reduce the heat so the water is barely simmering.

2- Break each egg into a separate small cup. Slip the eggs, one at a time, into the water. Cook until the yolks just begin to set, about 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to paper towels to drain.

3- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Canadian bacon and cook until heated through, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.

4-Place a muffin half on each 2 plates and top each with a slice of cheddar. Top with 1 slice of bacon and 1 egg. Sprinkle with chives.

Per Serving (1 topped muffin half): 243 Cal, 10g Fat, 3 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 230mg Chol, 877 mg Sod, 17 g Carb, 2 g Fib, 20 g Prot, 265 mg Calc. POINTS Value 5

Filling Extra

Top each muffin half with a slice or two of tomato before adding the cheddar, bacon and egg.
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #12  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Best 2 breakfasts for me, ever:
1. English muffin, toasted with one egg "fried" in non-stick spray on a teflon pan and 2/3 oz real cheddar cheese: points count = 6. Like an egg mcmuffin only better!
2. Greek Skillet! Saute onion, 1 cup frozen hash browns (as low fat as possible) in a non-stick pan. Season with oregano. Beat together 3 whole eggs and 4 egg whites. Pour into pan and cook until top is almost set. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup low fat feta, crumbled. Pop under broiler and broil until top is set and puffy. Remove, and cut into 4 pieces. Each piece comes in at 3 points! I got this from one of my WW recipe books, and I love it!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/205.2/199

Height: 5'1

Breakfast is my favorite! I love egg whites, oatmeal, fruit salads, ww blueberry muffins, ww english muffins, ww bagels with a laughing cow cream cheese wedge. i love high fiber maple and brown sugar oatmeal. i eat a lot of apples and strawberries in the morning.
NBaxter2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:14 AM   #14  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

my latest breakfast is just fresh fruit, FF Greek yoghurt and All bran.
but there are other good suggestions here (though "we" in Europe don't have a lot of the stuff people mention here ) - cottage cheese and fruit, egg white omelet, sometimes I just have a sandwich with WW chicken, LF cheese and Hellman's FF dijonnaise. Hash browns can be made just by grating up some potatoes and "frying" them in a non-stick pan with 1 tsp olive oil (add any veggies you like and an egg white or two if you want them more potato pancake style).

cereal doesn't last me long at all but these other things fill me up for a lot longer. course we don't have a lot of ww products (I'm guessing you have more in Ireland/UK, but defintely not here in NL!) so I just try to work with the things that I like and figure out how much I can eat for however many WW points.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #15  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I hear you, Ms Velveteen. In my small town here, we don't have alot of WW products so I have to manage with the "real stuff" as best as I can. Besides, I'd rather have a bit of the "real" stuff than a bunch of the defatted, sugar-filled other stuff. And some of the WW products are no different than other products out there in terms of calories/fat/fiber, except that they have a WW sticker on them and a price premium to match!

What are some of the NL typical breakfasts? I recall that in most of continental Europe, breakfast often was meats/cheeses/breads...which I preferred to cereal as cereal sure doesn't go far for me!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote