WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 06:29 PM   #1  

Default Kudos Granola Bars

If this is right, I'm gonna jump for joy. I have a box of Snickers Kudo Granola Bars, bought for the kids. If I calculated this right, 100 calories, 4 gram of fat, zero fiber, it's 2.8 points.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:52 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

yep! I love those when you need a real chocolate fix. It the dieter's chocolate bar

Dana
235/227/212 10% mini goal
Old 05-09-2002, 05:36 PM   #3  

Since I am now rounding "up" my points, I counted it as 3. I cut it into little bits and ate each bit as it were gold. Wonderful. Then chased it with a serving of FF milk.
Old 05-09-2002, 06:01 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

wow.. you round up your points? You are good!
I prefer to round mine down

How long have you been on the program redneck?
I'm in my 3rd week.. and most days I'm still eating my full range

Dana
235/227/212 10%mini goal
Old 05-09-2002, 06:03 PM   #5  
Conquering with SBD

redneck - I do the same with points. I always round up to the nearest half point. Do you round up to the whole point, or the half point?
Old 05-09-2002, 06:20 PM   #6  

Slimdown...this is my second week, and today I have had a hard time. It seems I have been hungry all day, even after drinking water. I guess my hormones are doing the tango again. Still, I have seen a slight difference in how I feel. I have a pair of pants in the closet that are a tight 18... I can't zip them without laying on the bed (you get the picture). Anyway, I'm hoping that I'll be able to stand and zip those suckers within a couple of weeks.

Sweet Tooth... If the points are say 5.6, I round up. If they are 5.4, I round down. I suppose it evens out in the long run. I've got one hour till dinner and I am famished. I've eaten some baby carrots with NF ranch dressing, drank 16 oz of Fruit 2o and I'm still hungry. I had 3/4 c of dry whole wheat pasta with 1/2 cup of Italian stewed tomatoes for lunch, and while I felt full for about an hour, I came out of it with a sense of not having enough food. The very best day I had was one in which I ate a boca burger with a full Roman Meal Whole Wheat bagel. I could hardly touch my dinner, I was so full. I tried it again with two slices of light bread and it just didn't have the same effect.
Old 05-09-2002, 06:26 PM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

redneck - Stick with it. I know you can do it. I don't know why, but some days are just like that...you feel hungry all the time. Then others are the opposite where you feel like you can't eat another thing, but you are waaaaay below the minimum points. I also find that when I acknowledge to myself that I am hungry, it just makes it worse - all I can do is concentrate on eating.

Try to keep busy for the next hour until supper, then make sure that you eat slowly. That will help to prevent snacking tonight. Take care.
Old 05-09-2002, 07:18 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Default Redneck

You are talking about my day yesterday. Chalk it up to a learning experience - Look back at your journal - note what you ate at lunch and how you didn't keep stay full for very long.
That was me at breakfast - I had just a bowl of cereal - 3 pts w/ the milk - I was hungry within the hour. It set the tone for the day I ended up 6 points over for the day. To turn things positive I think about how I was eating just 3 weeks ago. I know that I must of had 100 point days -

For me what worked was letting myself go over a bit, writing it down and moving on. It would have been sooooo easy to say "screw it" this day is ruined. Instead I learned from this.

Dana
- ps.. remind of this again in a few weeks when I will be out of control. I find this diet amazing how I can feel in control for 5 days - then bam! - I'm spinning downward - I need to come up with a plan for when that happens - and carrot sticks aren't going to cut! Does anyone else deal with this? any suggestions?

235/227/212 10% mini goal
3rd week on WW
Old 05-10-2002, 12:20 AM   #9  

I ended up sitting down to a cup of hot tea while dinner was finishing up in the oven. It seemed to settle me down, and I was able to pick up my knitting and work on it. TV is my worst enemy. I can't turn it on at all during the day because it's one thing after another being advertised to eat.

I'm like you, figuring that I was previously eating my way through 100 point days. I usually ate what the kids ate (a few Hostess cakes a day, lots of chips, pizza, burgers, breaded fish sticks). The kids love this stuff and it's easy to fix, but the last 10 years of cooking like this has really become my downfall.

My turned point was when my kids said that they were being teased at school about my size. It really hurt me that my kids were having to defend their mom for something so stupid. Were I a recovering drug addict I would have support and encouragement, but recovering food addicts receive no such support. I've thought a hundred times about going on Oprah or something in order to tell the world that fat discrimination is practiced openly and often and that it is perceived as an acceptable form of discrimination.

I've not gone over in points on any day, so far. But, my son's 9th birthday is in two weeks and I have promised him that on that day I will fix his favorite dinner and fix his favorite cake, and eat it with him. That is sure to be at least a 50 point day, but I've committed myself to get back on the program immediately.
Old 05-10-2002, 10:58 AM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone. I think this topic about what to do when you are feeling hungry is an interesting one. I think we all struggle with it, and have no pat answers. But, I think you are right in saying that, if you go over 6 points because you were feeling hungry, it is far less than you would have indulged a few weeks ago. Now, pat yourselved on the back {{{{{PAT. PAT. PAT}}}}}, that really is an accomplishment that you need to be proud of.

redneck - You are taking the right steps towards celebrating your son's birthday. I find that, even though I don't stick completely with my program during special occasions, if I have a plan in advance to eat certain foods, enjoy a few treats, cut my portions down, eat at certain times of the day, etc., I can manage the times better than in the past and also get right back on program the next day. After all, that was the plan. I can also do that without feeling the guilt that I am a failure, because it isn't failing...it's the plan. You go for it and enjoy that birthday with your son.

slimdown - I agree with you about checking back on journals. I have found the things that satisfy me during the day (for the most part) and tend to eat them every day. Sounds boring, but I prefer to do that so that I don't feel hungry during the day, then I use my evening meal to bring more variety into my eating. It took a while to get to that point, but I often find now that I am short of minimum points at the end of the day and have to have another treat to bring me up. There's on of the benefits to journalling and it really does work.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Talk to you on Monday.
Closed Thread