WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 02-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Snacks

I have been browsing this site for a week or so, and see a lot of chatter about snacks. I know we need to indulge ourselves once in a while, but to me eating a granola bar, e.g., is empty calories! They are high in points for their size, not filling and despite their claims, not really that healthy. It doesn't seem like people are encouraged to eat healthy snacks that fulfill one of their requirements.

I limit my snacks to yogurt (because I need 3 dairies a day anyway), cereal at night if necessary, and an occasional treat that I make myself, like my Chocolate Mousse (2 pts per cup), or the yogurt cheese cheesecake I made yesterday, which is only 4 points per 1/12 slice, and not bad really. Both the mousse and cheesecake also count as dairy. I also make those chocolate sandwich cookies with the marshmallow filling occasionally in the WW intro book.

I think limiting your snacks to stuff you make yourself is better than buying stuff, because you know exactly what's in them because you made them.

If I kept potato chips and cookies and candy around, it would be diet suicide! On my last foray into WW, I bought Pringles and even tho they are much healthier than real chips, they became just as addictive, tempted me to eat more than one serving, and threw me over my points allottment. And they didn't count for any requirement except maybe grain, which I get plenty of anyway from other sources.

Am I being too judgmental here?

Last edited by Phillygirl2; 02-18-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Phillygirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

i think its whatever best suits your needs and you can control not being tempted by, i would buy things than make something myself, but i also know what my triggers are so i dont buy those items
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #3  

My personal thoughts are: if eating prepackaged foods is what keeps a person on target of any plan they are on, more power to them. In the past, I lost 50# on WW. I know that as I lost, I did start to snack and eat healthier, more natural. Even, once I went off of WW, I found that I still would eat my Kashi cereal, love their granola bars and ate more fruits and veggies. So, it really depends on where a person is at in life. Kudos to anyone who is even trying to make smart choices of reducing serving sizes of the same junk they always ate, but we are a junk food nation and if one can learn to live with it that way and be lighter in their weight, great for them.
Lovemylife is offline   Reply With Quote