WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 08-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #1  
Determined Loser

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'5

Default Need Food Advice

Hi everyone, I recently got a job where I work out of my car for anywhere between 5-8 hrs at a time. What kind of foods could I take with me? Any ideas about foods that are low in points and that travel well?
I am a huge fruit fan and plan on taking a lunch bag (of sorts) with a cold pack to keep stuff that I take cold during this extremely hot summer.
I welcome any and all advice!!!
Today I went 8 1/2 hrs without eating b/c 1) I didn't want to eat fast food and 2) I wasn't sure what to take.

Thanks

Kelly
KellyZ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:39 AM   #2  
Chopper5

S/C/G: 258.8/255.5/145

Height: 5' 7"

I would suggest FiberOne Oatmeal/Chocolate bars. They are so good, they will kill your desire for sweets, the fiber will keep you full, and they are only 2 pts!! I usually grab one when I am having one of those days where I just can't seem to get enough to eat

Kashi also makes crackers that are somewhat similar to wheat thins ... they are only 3 points for 15 crackers and they don't have to be kept cold.
Chopper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #3  
Chopper5

S/C/G: 258.8/255.5/145

Height: 5' 7"

Sorry, I forgot to mention FF Pringles ... 1 point for 15 chips! I usually couple them with a little salsa (free in moderation)... YUM!!
Chopper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I love the Fiber One bars as well! Fruit always will go well in the car too. Bananas, apples, oranges, etc.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #5  
Determined Loser

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Thanks everyone! Very helpful...I'm def. going to try the fiberone bars..they sound good.

Kelly
KellyZ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #6  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

My favorite quick and easy... sliced ham or turkey spread with a little low fat cream cheese and slivers of pepper or carrot or onion and roll them up. You can put a couple in plastic and you are ready to go!!
Belly Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Driving around all day makes it very hard not to stop at fast food places. But I have a lunch box that I take with me. with all my salads , fruit, yohurt etc. Put it in one of those chill bags with 2 freezzer packs and it will keep cool most of the day. I make it up at nite that way I can just stuff in the packs, and I am off out the door. Find some rice or pasta salads they will travel well.
Did I mention I was a Taxi Driver LOL fast food is how I got this big.
Mary
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #8  
IrishEyzz

What are the fiber one bars? Can anyone help? Thanks
LadiCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #9  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

FiberOne bars are very good, just be careful not too eat too many at a time. They are delicious, but can have a fiber effect... They are higher in fiber than normal granola bars, they are usually in that section of the grocery store. Quaker Oats also makes some good granola bars that are 90-100 calories if the store doesn't have the FiberOnes (mine sometimes doesn't)

If I have to do fast food, I go with MickeyD's hamburger happy meal with apple dippers and white milk. I think it works out to 10 pts. If you can get something and stop and eat it Wendy's has a good chicken pecan salad, I think it's about 7 pts. I think it's a good idea when you have some free time and are no where near the french fries to look at the nutrional information and have some options in case you do have to stop somewhere.
I think baby carrots, something like that that's easy to eat, oh yeah, I bought in the fresh fruit section, Chiquita apple and grape bites, they were little prepackaged bags inside a larger bag. They were pretty good, there were different varieties. Mine had a coupon to try them for free
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote