WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 04-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #1  
Learning to love veggies

Red face Anyone interested in starting a food log?

I don't think I've seen anyone doing that on here and thought it might be a good way for us to support each other whilst getting new ideas for meal plans!

Anyone up for it? We can do it daily or once a week?
x Yael x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #2  
Canada Eh!

S/C/G: 195/moving down/147

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't mind! I think it would be great! I'm no longer cooking for a family, but I do make a bigger meal for dinner so I can take it to work the next day for lunch.

So? what do you propose? Do you want a daily/weekly log of menus? list of what we ate? etc?
CalgaryElan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243

Height: 5'2"

Smile I think it's a great idea....

Not sure how you want to do this, but I am willing to give it a go. I need some support and need to lose a bit of weight and keep procrastinating. I have an online ww membership.

Do you guys know about www.dwlz.com it's a little gem, click on restaurants, it lists points for ALOT of different foods.
annybabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/210/160

Height: 5'6

I just joined today ... and I just started a food log today. I've started jotting down what I've eaten and the calories. It's helping me NOT to eat the starbursts in my boss's office b/c I don't want to write them down!! Anyway, I'd def be interested in a food log ... or if anyone just wants/needs a buddy. I need all of the accountability that I can get.
jentexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #5  
Learning to love veggies

I'm going to start posting a food log on weekdays. Hopefully others will join in!
x Yael x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #6  
Canada Eh!

S/C/G: 195/moving down/147

Height: 5'7"

At my WW meeting I bought one of those food journals and religiously write in it. This is week 2 and it's not that bad.

One thing I know is if you do it for 30 days -- it becomes a habit (a good habit that is!)

Plus...writing everything down will give you a reference to look to if you don't have a great week....(what did I do when I had a successful week???)

I know for sure that I cannot, absolutely CANNOT eat after 7 p.m. that was deadly for me. So I'm doing more water and drinking tea with a bit of splenda (herbal/no caffeine) if I need something
CalgaryElan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

The "write before you bite" mantra is working for me. This morning, I actually planned what I was going to make for dinner, which is a far cry from my old "which restaurant?" approach!

My food log would be scary as opposed to menu-inspiring... I'm not just starting to eat better, I'm also teaching myself to cook. I hope you do this, as desserts and an awesome alfredo sauce are the only things I've ever learned to make!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote