WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 02-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #1  
This is for me!

S/C/G: 205/205/150

Default Weekdays and weekends--HUGE difference!

Hello, all! I have been doing WW for a few weeks and have lost 10 pounds. I seem to have gotten into the habit, thought, if doing GREAT during the week, and blowing it on the weekends. It's affecting my weight loss, of course, but I can't break the cycle! I know it's that I am home more, have more time to eat bad stuff, etc, but I'm not able to stop myself! Any suggestions from someone who has been there?
kitteeglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #2  

i have the same problem too its just a bad habit that needs kicking i guess!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:06 AM   #3  
This is for me!

You're right--just needs kicking! I think one solution would be to have ONE dinner or lunch or breakfast that I feel like I am "indulging". I don't know why I even need to do that, but I guess one meal is better than a whole weekend!

69 pounds--that's wonderful! You are doing A LOT of things right!

Love your avatar, by the way!
Old 03-09-2007, 04:53 AM   #4  

Location: Ft Campbell KY/Clarksville TN - studying in Vancouver BC

S/C/G: 220/113/100

Height: 5'5''

There's nothing wrong with one decadent meal a week honestly. Like I tell my partner - If you don't treat yourself, generally you'll end up 'cheating'. And when you cheat, really the only person you cheat is yourself - cause I mean, they have your money already so you aren't cheating them! I say better to go have a yummy meal that may use some of your weekly flex points than end up sneaking things during the day or night.

Here's what we do, maybe you'll get some ideas . We go out for a lunch or dinner each week. Lately it's been Olive Garden. We each usually eat 1.5 breadsticks (4 points), he has a salad with 2 tsp of olive oil, I order a soup (Pasta e Fagioli - 5 points per serving, but I usually eat 1/2 serving). When we get our meal we do one of two things. We split a dinner portion and put about 1/3 in the box when they bring it to us and then we both eat 1/3 OR we get a lunch portion, split it in half, and eat the entire thing. There are some really nice low point lunch portions there. Last time we went we got a lunch portion of spaghetti which would have been 7 points but since we split it 3.5 (+4 for the breadsticks and 2.5 for my soup). And it was more than enough food, and absolutely delicious.

It takes a little planning but you really can treat yourself with decadent yummy foods and still stay on plan. You can google the name of the restaurant followed by "weight watchers points" and usually get some results or go to a site like CalorieKing and enter the info in a points calculator. I have a pocket points calculator just in case we go out and I change my mind Hope to have helped a little!
Tristesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Weekends are really no different that weekdays. It takes planning, planning and more planning. Yeah I know easier said than done. Just plan your food but leave some 'play' (like keeping the majority of your FlexPoints for weekends, etc). Yeah sometimes it is hard especially if it is a 'spur of the moment' decision to go out to eat.

But take a small sprial ring binder and label each page for the places you go and list several different combos of meals with different point values and then you have a plan in advance for the spur of the moment. Sounds weird but it works.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #6  
This is for me!

Tristesse--you've got this all figured out! You're right--I'm one of the ones who will really get off plan if I don't have something great once a week. Great ideas about splitting up dinners for staying on plan--I will have to try that!

Kelly--love your ideas, too! Especially the notebook--I can see that it would be helpful to know EXACTLY what you will get before going. It's so easy to make bad choices without a plan!

I think I just need to be more careful and consistent. You know how you get to the point where you can sort of remember what food has what points? I guess I have just been lazy about figuring out points--it's so easy to "guesstimate"! (And usually be wrong. ) Another thing I do that I shouldn't is figure that if I don't stay on plan on Saturday, I might as well not on Sunday, either. That has gotten me into some trouble--only 0.8 pounds down last week. But, I am getting better--3 pounds this week!