Old 12-15-2006, 11:36 AM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Shake those colds! They can make you miserable this time of year (or any time of year).

Princess, I hear you about baking less and later. I just finished baking and putting cookies into tins. I have some in the freezer and what I have is more than enough. My WW leader gave each one of us a tiny jingle bell on an elastic silver thread. My friends and I turned them into rings to wear and remind ourselves that Christmas is a time for love and joy and not "little fat balls" (what we call cookies). So, I am valiantly trying to overcome the smell of the cookies long enough to get them safely tucked away.

My dh is dealing with a biopsy thingie so I ask you all for best wishes and prayers as we wait out the results. These things are nerve wracking. I feel he will be fine, but I'd love some support.

Today I am wrapping gifts, starting on my long overlooked housework--egads-
and trying to catch up in general before my dd and dgrandbaby arrive. Just got a call from her and she'll be later, so that will help me a lot.

Tomorrow my dd is having us all over for a gingerbread house party. My other dd and her fiance and my dh and I will all get together and, using kits, put together some houses. I think it will be a lot of fun!

On Sunday we are going to a baptism and get together at my dniece's home.
It will be good to see that side of the family.

Okay=-=enough about me. Last night I looked over the new Core plan and it looks a lot like a diet to me, so I am going to think about it very carefully before I do any major changes to what I've been doing. What do you guys think? Did you get a new Flex/Core plan this past week?

Chrily, you sound very busy as usual. for eating the breakfast that will start your day off right. Weigh to go. Keep on doing that, and you'll get a
:

Have a great weekend and be happy and merry.
JUdy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - sounds like everyone is doing great.

Went to my ww mtg today & was down .4# so was happy with any kind of loss considering my week (company dinner & luncheon with girlfriends) & got the information of the new plan. For me since I do Flex basically nothing changed except the "personal" daily thing. I only tried Core once & was out of flexpoints in 2 days so returned to flex.

I joined a gym & meet the instructor on Tues who will design a programme for me - so that should be interesting. I like Curves but the gym also has pool/hot tube/steam room - so I will like that for over the winter months.

My daughter came home for today so I took her shopping & she picked out some Christmas things. She is 20 & it is hard to have all surprises since she doesn't like anything I pick out, so easier for her to do it.

So, I also have shopping to do but lots done so far.

Everyone have a great weekend & keep up the good work.

Bye for now.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:04 AM   #18  
Chick

Bandit for your weight loss during this holiday time of the year!
Weigh to go!!
Judy
Old 12-16-2006, 05:47 PM   #19  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just checkin in for the day. I got up and walked on my treadmill first thing this morning. Then I've been doing housework, took the kids to the nursing home so they could perform for the residents there, and back home to do more housework. I got an unintended jog today too. I got all the way into the nursing home and realized I forgot Nicole's dance shoes. I had to run to go get them and run back so she wouldn't be barefoot. They all did great on thier dances.

Well back to work. I'll check back later. We're going to look at Christmas lights tonight I think. K? Check back later

chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:29 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday!

Morning all,

The weekend had to be the fastest on record... I swear they go so quickly the closer it gets to Christmas.

W/I on Saturday went as I thought it might. I was up 1.4 lbs but since I was ill and it was that TOM I did not feel that bad about it.

How was everyones weekend?

Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good morning, Turtles:

Princess - get back on track & you will be back down in no time.

Weekend busy but good. Went shopping Fri night & to my cousins for dinner Sat night which was nice. Had a baby 1st year birthday yesterday & some goodies I didn't need.

Tonight is our ww mtg with the girls (I do a w/i on Fri on my own, which works better for me than Mon) & we will exchange our little Chritmas gifts as well.

Tomorrow, I will meet the girl at the gym who is setting up a programme for me to follow so that should be interesting. But, I am sticking with the ww for the eating part & not doing the dietician thing through the gym.

Other than that, just watching the Christmas stories & looking forward for the break next week.

Talk soon.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #22  
Chick

Princess,
1.4# isn't much at all considering TOM and being sick. It'll come off this week.
Bandit, good luck with the setting up of your physical exercise program. It sounds as though it's a good direction to go in.
I hear you about the goodies you didn't need!

DD had a gingerbread party on Saturday. We all made gingerbread houses and had a lot of fun~but she had much too much good food==all new recipes she found on her own--and I ate too much. Then yesterday we went to a baptism for a baby of a cousin of mine. It was a great celebration, I ate very little and was proud--and had a lovely time with all my relatives. REally a good time. I am up 2# on my home scale , but I am hoping that's because of salt in the food. I promise right now to stay on Core for the rest of the day, drink lots of water, and get this off before Wednesday. Yes, it can be done.
Love,
Judy
be well and happy we can do this
Old 12-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #23  

Ladies:
I'm back, I'm back! Sorry about the long delay. Things have been mad this week, and every day, when I was supposed to have time to post here, I ended up running errands instead. But I am back, and doing well. I lost another .6 last week, and I took Friday off to relax and recover from the craziness. I also leave for vacation this Saturday morning, and I won't be back until January 2nd, so you won't hear from me for a while -- my god, do I need that vacation!

Today is just a lousy day, I can't seem to get started and I can't wait for Friday night, when my Christmas party is. <sigh> The junk food is even more available as we get closer to Christmas. One of my co-workers gave everyone each a tin of butter cookies -- I ate two and put the rest in the breakroom for everyone else to eat. I'm having a hard time resisting them. Also, my stomach was upset (acid reflux), and someone brought in pumpkin muffins, and I caved and had one (when my acid reflux acts up, mint tea or bread products calm it.) <sigh> I'm usually able to resist this stuff. Ah well. No 2-3 point desert for me tonight, huh? Ah well.

Judy: Thank you for your kind words and support, and general cheerleader-ish-ness. ;D I am sending good thoughts your way for you and your husband. Also, congrats on the WL! By the way, how is the new core/flex plan different? I am quite curious. Good luck with the rest of the week. I know how hard the holidays are.

Chris: Glad that you find our tips helpful, and it sounds like you are really getting back on track with food and exercise, and congrats on both the WL and the grades. Don't be a perfectionist; I always was, but I've learned that some things are so hard that a B is good enough; it all depends on the class, and your eventual goal, right? For example, if you were trying to get into medical school, high grades would be very important, but if you are just worried about your bachelor's now, you don't need to kill yourself, you just have to do a good enough job.

Princess: I'm sorry you're feeling so unwell, cold and stress and all. I don't know what to tell you about that, except to workout more, and to set aside time every week for something that relaxes you besides working out. Even if it's only an hour or two on the weekend, it is tremendously therapeutic. Don't worry about eating badly when you are sick, you will get back on track when you are well again.

Bandit -- great to hear from you! I think it's awesome that you are going for a trainer, who can come up with a plan for you. I know how it is with holiday food at parties...I am normally so good, but it gets even harder to resist this time of year!

Time to go back to work, ladies. Have a good day!
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #24  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey peoples!

Lucky me! I think my husband has given me his cold. Gotta love him. Well I did really good eating yesterday until I thought one piece of gum wouldn't hurt. Just that little bit of sugar touched off a binge. I have to stay away from the sugary stuff until I am well on my way to eating better. I couldn't believe it. I didn't get much exercise in yesterday but the day before we went Christmas shopping so I think all the walking counts for something, right?

Well sorry so short. Today they are inserting a probe down Kelly's throat to measure his acid levels and then doing another test on the musculature of his esophagus. So I have to get going. Talk to you when we get back and he's all hidden in the house. He refuses to go out with that thing in. THey attach it to your nose. ( -Ahhhh....I can finally get even for every time he made fun of me at the doctor). Nah....I'll be nice. The kids are going to freak a bit though.

Have a good one!

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #25  

Default Happy Tuesday all!

I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing... does everyone have their shopping done yet? I still have more to buy but it is finally getting to the end so I am happy.

Ariana: I agree about the "more exercise"... the Pilates really seem to help me so I am going to sign up for two more classes per week and that will make it three times a week that I take Pilates and I will continue to work out at the gym 2-3 times a week also... I think it will help.

Chris: Good luck with DH... what ever it is that they are doing to him just sounds bad... and painful!

Judy: How are you doing?

Bandit: I would love to join a gym that has a pool and all of the other things that you mentioned... the YMCA's are not too pricey around here and have a pool but they are always so crowded and I am not so diligent about going... My DH's company has a gym and a personal trainer that we are allowed to use at no charge so that is were we go for now.

Have to run but will check back later on.

Susan
Old 12-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #26  

Ladies: Why do the sweet treats have to be EVERYWHERE right now? Normally I can resist, but I am feeling would up and stressed out, and usually I can cope, but this week...ARGH! I had two butter cookies and a muffin yesterday, and half a piece of cake today. I did manage not to eat anymore last night after dinner (my point allowance usually includes 2-4 points for a treat, depending on the day, so that probably partially made up for the extra food.) Today, at least I only had half a piece. I'm not doing incredibly well, but considering the time of year, I'm just going to try to maintain for the next three weeks. If I work out and don't go nuts, I should be able to manage it.

Chrily -- do they think your husband might have Barret's Esophagus? Sorry you're not feeling well. If you respond that way to sugar, yeah, you probably should stay away. Walking is good. Yeah, I wouldn't make fun of him either. People are not always good at understanding the fairness of tit-for-tat.

Princess: Oh, I finished my shopping two weeks ago. Not to brag. Okay, I'm bragging a little. It's nice to be nearly done with the shopping, isn't it? I think more pilates is a good idea, also, I would consider setting aside an hour or two on the weekend for you time, even if it just means taking a long bath...whatever relaxes you.

Anyway, not much else to say, ladies. Have a great day, and take care!
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #27  

Ariana: I agree with the "me time" I try and get that in during football games... DH hangs out in the living room and I sneak back to the bedroom and put a movie on or something for a while but I need to find something else.... I would love to book a regular weekend manicure or something like that... maybe I will look into that.

All: Has anyone been to WW lately and have they rolled out the new program to you yet? I was just stunned! With the new calculations DH gets like 4 more points a day and somehow I managed to lose 1 point! Now that just is not fair! Oh well... what can you do.

I will check back later on.

Susan
Old 12-19-2006, 05:56 PM   #28  
Chick

Ladies,
I'm really on the run right now so I can't respond to all your great e-mails.
Maybe this: cookies are calling to me constantly so I can see how being at work would be really hard. Good luck. And I admire all of your enthusiasm about exercise. You gals are the best!

I haven't gotten quilting yet, but I picked up some yarn to crochet another baby blanket and that's relaxing to me. As far as Christmas shopping, I thought I was finished and all wrapped, but new things keep calling to me to buy them. I did a mini-run yesterday and got some really nice things and now I am *really* done. I even have stocking stuffers and candy for the stockings. Yay!

As far as the new WW's, this is what I think: I'm going to think it through before I plunge into it and I am certainly not doing a thing about it until the New Year. Whatever were they thinking bringing out new programs during Christmas? Okay, I'm still calming down. The big difference with Core is that before you ate from a list of Core-approved foods to your satisfaction. Now they are setting it up as meals and snacks and the *snack* foods are very limited--popcorn, fruits and veggies, skim milk and that's all I remember right now. So, now if you eat snacks that are Core, but not on the Core snack list, you'd have to count them in from your 35 points per week. Seems punishing to me. Anyway--the explanation is that members were eating 1/2chicken as a *snack* and complaining that they weren't losing weight. Well, hello, I never did that and am still deciding what to do.
Also, they have removed vegetarian beans and regular couscous from the Core list. It's not a problem with the couscous because I'll just buy whole wheat couscous which is approved. And I must admit that I overate vegetarain baked beans--they were a trigger food for me, so WW's knows what it is doing. However, if I followed this new program completely I would not be able to have a sliver of my Core Oatmeal/apple bake unless I was willing to count it in in points. Our leader said that it was okay to have dinner and let a small amount of time go by before eating dessert (maybe a sugar free ff pudding) but if too much time went by and it became a snack, it would have to be pointed out. Sounds too authoritarian to me and I don't like the sound of it. Of course I would probably lose weight better if I did that, so this all has to be taken into consideration.

We're off to see some lights tonight with Baby and dd. It should be fun. And I'm having black bean soup for dinner which is Core.
Judy
Old 12-20-2006, 09:49 AM   #29  

Happy Wednesday!

Judy: Well I have lowered my points by one each day but I got on the scale this morning and it is up so I don't know what to think... Good luck with the core plan, sounds too complicated to me... I just like to count my points and leave it at that. I am a creature of habit so change is hard for me

All: Have a great day everyone!

Susan
Old 12-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #30  
Chick

Princess,
Sorry you're up a # after lowering your points. I'm sure this is "tweaking" WW style and we'll have to see how it plays out. I think I'm making Core sound a lot more complicated than it is. That happens when I'm on the run--my brain and typing don't really connect and I get a lot of garble out.

Hey, my dh, dd, dgrandbaby and I had a wonderful time last night. I watched the baby all day and then when dd got home from work we drove to Jones Beach (the ocean) where they had set up a spectacular holiday lights display. We all loved it and the baby really enjoyed it!!! Then we went inside and sure enough, there was a glorious Santa available for photos. Although the baby wouldn't sit on his lap, he did give Santa a high five as we left. Lots of fun and good memories to look back upon this year.

As far as weight, I'm up a pound at my official WI, but that's not bad considering I had two parties and made lots of cookies this week. I've got the cookies in the downstairs freezer, so if I am really craving them, at least I get a flight of stair-walking in for exercise. LOL. I am going to try to knock off that pound this week. I know I can do it. Then Sunday starts the festivities around here. I'll have family here for a good week or so, but I'll chime in as often as I can. You guys are the best. We can do this!!

Judy
Hey, Bandit, I just remembered that you always remind us to drink lots of water. I'm onto that!