Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2001, 12:00 PM   #16  
Net browser

Default ...Welcome back Lily

Lily hi, sure am happy to see you back. Glad you had a nice and "safe" vacation.
My back feels much better today. I guess when I over do things, it's going to let me know.
Karen sorry about your Aunt. I think this last week left us all weepy. I used to do so much sewing and now, just once in awhile. I did buy fabric to make PJ's for my grandchildren. I have been making them for them since they were born. I guess I have not made any since before last Christmas and both of them need new ones.
Peggy the story about the 25 people you were talking about was on CNN news this morning. I think the news also mentioned that two people were trying to board planes with false passports at a Chicago airport.
Maria when I was at my friend's 40th Wedding Anniversary party, several people there had a digital camera. I spoke to my Godson about the one he had. He took my picture and explained how it worked and what I could do with one now that I had a computer. I have never been very interested in photography and very rarely take any pictures. I like to see them after......but rarely take them myself. The digital camera, however, did interest me.

As Trudy mentioned we went to see the show "Nearly Neil" last night and it was excellent. He put on a really good show and had a great voice. My friend's DH said he sounded "BETTER" then Neil Diamond. LOL We had dinner first. I had a "Guava Sunrise" to drink, (made with Rum) Greek Salad, and Sliced pork served with a mushroom sauce with baby dill potates. It was so good, I ATE THE WHOLE THING.
We have a rainy day here today, but must go out and run a few errands. Talk to you all later. Once again, Lily happy you are back.
Old 09-22-2001, 01:21 PM   #17  
Member Florida Chick

Unhappy Weigh-in day

I missed one day checking in and had a lot of catching up to do. Lily: So gald you are back and that your vacation was restful, even tho' it was interrupted.

My weigh-in was not so good. Took back 1# of what I lost last week. But just have to keep plugging along.

Karen: You are one busy lady! Sorry to hear aabout your Aunt. I know what you mean- tears are close to the sruface all the time. Sometimes I think a really good cry is good for the soul.
Today we talked about how we can be less efficient in our work, so that we get more exercise. One suggestion was to get rid of the remote so we'd have to get up and change the T.V.

Slavika: You are a clever lady. I don't think I would have the courage to try slip-covers. I used to sew a lot, but haven't done much in a long time. Sounds like you all had a greal evening with "Neil". A fun night out is good medicine.

Trudy: Hope the drops help. I have been using fake tears a lot and that seems to help me. Like 'Hypo-tears. I have read that our bodies change, and every five to seven years, we can suddenly have an allergy that we never had before, or one that we have had goes away. Aren't we mysteriously and wondrously made? I would just like to not seem to fall apart so fast, with the ache here, the twinge there.

Peggy: I'm with you. I just don't listen to those analysts anymore. And we do need to keep things secret. The "peoples right to know" is just an excuse for the media to poke and pry. I hope they are finally getting the message about classified stuff.

Florida has certainly had our share of people living around in different areas, using what our country has to offer, and then going off to do their worst. I have come to believe, as we are hearing about all the people detained, arrested, etc. that God is helping to point the way. I just don''t believe in coincidences any more.

Maria: Hope all is going well with the 'tootsies'. I has been so encouraging to our country to see the support world wide. It means a lot.

Hi everyone. My dh is calling for lunch. Didn't realize it was so late. Maybe a late lunch, means not much supper.
See you tomorrow. Ann
Old 09-23-2001, 01:33 AM   #18  

G'day all,

Spending a very quite day home today. DH took me for a bit of drive yesterday but it became frustrating, too much traffic, anything I wanted to do entailed walking, ended up being very cranky

Karenyou do sound very busy, sorry to hear about your aunt, it doesn't really matter how expected it may be, it always still happens unexpectedly. I also do cross stitch and I have finished one (little) project and I am finishing another. I should take photos and post them in my photo album. They will look a lot better once framed.

Peggy it must be very scary having these arrests made so close to home. So far we haven't heard of any of these terrorists being active in Australia, I sincerely hope it stays that way.

Slavika and Trudy good to hear you had a good time at 'nearly Neil'. DH and I both enjoy 'live' music.
Slavika I was always one never too bothered with taking photo's. DH has got quite a complicated SLR camera and takes forever to take a photo and not always with fantastic results. I have a Canon Powershot and I just shoot away not taking too much care and many a times some shots are just excellent. DH just shakes his head because I do not follow many of the rules of photography
This morning my feet are a bit swollen so I have taken a photo so I can compare in a week's time to see if the swelling has reduced. I take the camera shopping and take photo's of furniture, fabrics etc for later reference. It is just sooooooo handy for so many things.

Lily Is it a good thing to know how the News is compiled? I would think not. Have you still got some time off from work?

Keep well all
Cheers
Maria
Old 09-23-2001, 08:59 PM   #19  
Net browser

Default ...hi everybody

Lily do you still have another week off work or are you back to work tomorrow? When you talk about winter coming.....how bad are your winters???
My DH put all the lawn furniture away for the season, so my back yard, somehow looks naked now. Flowers are gone, everything is out of my veg. garden.......YIKES, won't be long and we will have snow.
Had my family over for an early dinner (5:00PM). DH plays a "version" of football in the yard with the children. It's so nice hearing them, laughing out there. My DH asked me a few minutes ago when I thought the children would be "too old" to want play with their Papa?
Maria If you take a picture of a room in your house you can go to the web site for "Para Paints" and download the picture, then try different colours on your walls to see what you would really like to paint them. I thought that would be a good thing to try. Sorry your outing wasn't more fun. I think you have have as much patience with being laid up as I would have.......NADA. Just hang in there, it will soon be over.
Ann you will soon get that pound off. It's too bad that the weight goes on so easily. I'm still struggling trying to get back to my goal weight. I still have to lose 5# so that I can quit paying WW.
Trudy hi there. What were you up to today? It got a little warmer as the day went on.
Bye now, talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 09-23-2001, 09:43 PM   #20  

G'day all,

Watch some of the service at the Yankee Stadium this morning, Bette Middler's song of 'The wind beneath my wings' was so moving, I was here by myself and had yet another cry about everything that has happened.

Slavika I am surprised you already have all your garden furniture put away, is the weather already such that you cannot sit outside?
My children (27 & 24) regularly visit their grandfather who is now 89. DD lives here in Melbourne and rings him and always visits when she is in Adelaide. Son and daughter both play cards with their grandpa and boy he is still very sharp and just loves to beat them Both kids complain he cheats which he thinks is just so funny. He also still plays golf with 2 other chaps about the same age, he just loves it if my son joins them. Son plays of a handicap of 6, he just loves to show off how well his grandson plays, main reason he plays well is because he takes after his grandfather, of course . Son enjoys playing with them and enjoys having a chat with them all at the 19th hole.

I will have to have a look at that web site where you can change the colours of your room, sounds like fun.

It has been very warm here for the time of the year, we are now expecting some thunder storms but more very warm weather forecast for the end of the week.

Ann this weight business is such a pain. One can put on a pound overnight but it takes at least 2 weeks to get rid of it again I am still loosing but now ever so slowly especially since dh has come home. He is going to Sydney for a few days this week, I hope I can use that time to make a bit more headway.

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all well

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 09-23-2001 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-23-2001, 10:44 PM   #21  
Member Florida Chick

Talking Birthday Bash!

Different from the "Monster Mash" Today is my birthday, and my dh took me out to dinner and I didn't watch a point. Even had dessert. Since I am gettin really "over the hill" decided I would just enjoy everything I wanted, and then go back to work on the points tomorrow.

I had my whole post nearly written, went to back space, ane it disappeared.

Maria: Hope your 'tootsie' are better today. Sorry that your auto excursion wasn't better. Especially since I'm sure you are having a touch of whaat we call "cabin Fever." Do you have to keep your feet elevated, in order to keep the swelling down?

Slavika: Now I too have to really get back to work, because I don't like to have to pay WW either. But today, somehow, I just didn't care.

Hi Lily, Karen, Trudy, Glenda, Peggy, Geri Hope you are all doing well.

I'd like to share something that is happening here in Winter Haven. A couple own a company that prints t-shirts. They have made up a white shirt with a furled American Flag on it, and under the flag these words. UNITED WE STAND! They are selling the shirts for $5.00 each and all the proceeds are going to the Red Cross disaster fund. So far they have raised over $50,000 . How is that for interprise for a good cause?

'See you tomorrow" Ann
Old 09-24-2001, 03:30 PM   #22  
Super Surfer

Default ...a Birthday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN. I hope you had a wonderful day. I didn't look here yesterday so I am a bit late with the wishes, but they are just as sincere. The T-Shirt sounds like a wonderful idea and priced just right.
Maria...yes Bette Midler was teriffic. In fact I cried through all the songs, Lee Greenwood's too. Actually, the weather is still great here, it is getting quite cool at night though. The last 2 nights we had frost. My DH is outside puttering around and he has removed his shirt, so it isn't too cool. Sept and Oct are usually quite nice, but I really don't like Nov and Dec. Once we get into Jan the days start to slowly get longer...that usually cheers me up.
Slavika you and your DH are such wonderful grandparents I can't imagine a time when the "little darlings" won't want to spend time with you. Maria doesn't know how impatient you can get... I am not surprised you have everything out of the yard already. Shall we tell her you take your Christmas Tree down and put all the decorations away on Boxing Day? You are also the 1st one to plant your garden and wear shorts in the spring.
I had the laziest day in history yesterday. I did absolutely nothing but rest and eat. Of course, I was up on the scale today . I am still 2 lbs below goal, but all I have to do is relax a bit and the lbs start to come back. Last week I was 1 1/2 lbs less... grrrrrrr! My personal goal would have me at 5 lbs under, but I haven't been able to attain it... YET.. not giving up.

Hope all of you are having a really good day OP... Bye for now.
Old 09-24-2001, 03:37 PM   #23  
Fun Blonde

Slavika and Trudy - You both got to see "Almost Neil" or whatever? I have noticed on a Gap commercial a guy who looks similar to Neil Diamond who sings "Forever in Blue Jeans." Wonder if it is the same guy. Peggy - your husband and mine! I have tickets to see Neil Diamond in November. I would not be surprised if Leon doesn't do something similar to what your husband did--everytime they clap he might think it is over and jump up! Guys, don't tell me the fake Neil is as good as the real deal Neil!

Karen - just sounds like you need to recruit another good leader for your meetings or clone yourself. You are going to be meeting yourself coming and going. I am getting hard to buy for too, but the truth of the matter is I love earrings and perfume, etc. Just that the things I love are a little pricey for my family.

I have a friend who takes my family's pictures on her digital camera. She is very good and prints them up with sayings and backgrounds, etc. They are even better than the professional pictures. She printed up some pictures of the eagle with the tear and put it on a flag and can sell as many pictures as she has time to make. She has given the money to the relief effort.

Glad to see you back, Lily. Hope you had a good time. Didn't hear about why you came back early. What a mess to come back to, huh? Everyone is so emotional and so sad. Last week I could barely function I was so sad.

Everyone, be good.
Glenda

Last edited by survivor; 09-24-2001 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-24-2001, 09:52 PM   #24  
Net browser

Default ...oh rats

Hi Everybody
I was just completing a very long and "very interesting" LOL
post when I used the "backspace" and deleted the whole thing. Well.......there's a program on TV I wanted to see, so if I don't get back tonight you have to trust me on this one......it was interesting.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:20 PM   #25  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN Hope you had a great day and I am with you, I am glad you enjoyed your dinner. I think it is all very well to keep to a healthy weight but at times it is nice to just lash out for one meal. Since embarking on this weight loss journey, I am eating so much healthier and I am so much more aware of what is good and what is not quite so good, that MUST be a good thing.
I am supposed to keep my feet elevated but I need to move around from time to time, my back tends to 'go' a bit if I am in the one position for too long.

How annoying Slavika loosing the whole post, I may have said something a bit stronger than 'oh rats'

Trudy we did not have a direct telecast and only saw selected 'bits' from the service at the Yankee Stadium. Bette Middler's just happend to be one of the 'bits' that we were shown.
Your description of Slavika made me laugh, sounds we are all a trifle impatient

It is an overcast rainy day here today but still quite warm.

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 09-24-2001 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:21 PM   #26  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!! Hope you had a great and relaxing day. What did you do?

Glenda: Yes had a great time on Vacation. Was glad to get out of the car tho. Was very tierd from driving so much.

Slavika: Winters are not bad here. No snow. I tend to assume winter means bad. Came from snow and had my share. Shoveled many a snow walk or roof, and drove thru it. Now its rain, rain, rain. And to me cold is 35°So compared to want alot of you go thru mine are mild. I just hate the thought of it. Im just a "winer" now I went back to work even tho I did have another week off. I thought I would save it for Christmas.

Maria: No as far as the news is compiled. I really dont listen to it except for times like this and it just makes me angry.
This is just my Opinion: I feel they are telling us certain things, but I also feel what they are telling us is not right. They have so many sources. Who is to say what is correct and not?
Im scared from what they are saying as well as everyone else. There are also so many different views to it all. I hear one thing and then it is contradicted in another story. Im confused to say the least. This is one of the reasons I quit listening to it all, and also one of the reasons my Dad quit. He fought for truth in the news and less building it up. I feel Im not getting the truth and havent been for a long time. Probably said to much here... Its a sore subject for me.

Going to let this go thru anyways..... Alas..... Just my opinion, and not anyone elses.
Old 09-24-2001, 11:39 PM   #27  
Net browser

Default .....I'm Baaaaaack!!

Hi Everybody

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN I think it's ok to go out and have dinner on your birthday and NOT count the points. The trouble with me and my birthday, it seems it goes on for the whole month of July. That sure was a nice thing that those people did with the T-Shirts, and they certainly raised a lot money. Good for them.
Glenda I never saw the "Gap" commercial, but I will be aware if it should come on and check and see if it was the same fellow. You are sure lucky to being going to see the "real" Neil Diamond. The fellow we saw on Friday night was excellent though, and I am happy I went.
Maria I would like to say that Trudy exaggerates when she talks of my lack of patience but ALAS I have to admit she is right. Putting the lawn furniture away though was DH idea. We will be at the lake for the next two weekends and he thought he better get it done now. We have had frost the last couple of nights and temperatures around zero. Tonight we will have 3 celsius. By the way Maria, I might have "written" "oh rats".........that may not have been "exactly" what I said.
Lily that was a good idea saving the week of your holidays to have at Christmas. Was it hard getting back to work after being away?
I sewed up the PJ's for the Princess today. When my DIL dropped the children here after school, I showed them to her and she insisted on putting them on. (Made me feel good) The fabric had moons and stars on them and I bought some "gold" stars and sewed them on the pocket of the PJ top and a few down the front. I told her she was so special she deserved to have "gold stars" on her PJ's. My grandson's fabric is the same print but in a royal blue background (her's was egg shell). I was so proud of myself today. I scanned the "Harry Potter" crest off the halloween costume I bought for my grandson and printed it on "Iron-On Transfer Paper" then I ironed it on a square of white cotton fabric and will sew that on the pocket of his PJ's.

I "know" my lost post was better then this one............LOL
Trudy see you tomorrow at Tea time. Night all.
Old 09-25-2001, 08:26 AM   #28  

Brrrr. It's Monday and we are going to have our coldest Sept. 25th on record. I think it is in the 50's. We had a nice weekend in Indiana. Our dh's just loved all those shopping opportunities in Brown County. One store after another-what can I say. The benches on the street were full of the men waiting for the wives. They had a couple of wineries so we stopped to sample. Stopped in Madison at the neatest fabric store. She has the most different ideas. The one that I liked was on a sweatshirt. She used Christmas stencils to transfer the pattern on and then used floss to stitch it on. I forget what the stitch is called but it was so simple. On the one with lights the thread kept changing colors. Happy Late Birthday Ann. Hope that your had fun. Have to go back and really read the posts. See you all later, by the way here is another nice site. http://www.doubtlessdesigns.net/

Last edited by painter5; 09-25-2001 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2001, 09:28 AM   #29  
Net browser

Welcome home Peggy That was another nice site you led us too. Thank you.
About the Sweat shirts you saw......do you mean the lady used those "blue" iron on stencils like the kind you would use if you embroider on pillow cases or stuff like that?

I'll be back later, just finished walking on the treadmill and I'm heading for the shower.
Old 09-25-2001, 09:31 AM   #30  
Net browser

Default ....I'll start our new thread

Please go to thread No. 138

See you all there.
Closed Thread