Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 12:07 PM   #31  
Senior Tortoise

Mousie, I can completely understand the roller coaster. And the Pill played havoc with my emotions, too, which is why I didn't take it very long. Good luck changing to a new version!

Lin, when I went back to live with my parents after college, they charged me room and board. It wasn't a lot, but I was incensed. It made me go out and get a job -- any job, just to pay the rent. (I ended up working for minimum wage at a bakery for a while, and I moved out as soon as I could.) Looking back, though, I'm grateful. There were also ground rules by which I had to abide (including chores), and I now think those were a good idea, too. In other words, I realized early on that there was no more free ride; I was an adult, and I had to start taking care of myself. I have no idea if any of that will work in your son's situation, but I thought I'd share it.

I'm glad you got decent news about your brother. And I'm very impressed with the way you tweak recipes to make them work for you. I'd be interested in hearing about that leek and mushroom soup!

Isn't it funny how sometimes we just have no problem staying within our points, even eating at the bottom of the range? My motivation has been high ever since I set that 199 goal for myself, and I've had little trouble sticking with it. I'm aware that these things come in cycles, but right now I'm just grateful for the current level of motivation. People are really starting to notice the weight loss, just in the past 10 pounds. I'm even noticing that I'm finally looking more "normal" -- more the way I used to look before putting on all that weight 8 years ago. And I'm just so grateful for the energy I now have, thanks mostly to the exercise. What a change!

Last night at my WW meeting, I was indeed down a pound. I got another 5-pound star and lots of applause from the class. That felt good. We had a leader-in-training and she wasn't very good, but I'm always glad when I go. (I just hope she's not replacing our current leader, who keeps saying she's just there temporarily.)

Onward and downward,

Lauren
279/213/199 by Christmas (WW scales, evening)
Old 10-10-2001, 02:39 PM   #32  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

I'm starting thread number 37. See you all there.

Happy turtlin'!

Lin
272/244/135 or so
Closed Thread