Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:00 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Week of June 26

Morning all. I'm at work, must a little over 3 1/2 hours to go. I'll be happy to be going home in the morning that's for sure. My patients are okay but the nurse I am covering for while she's on her break, I could be running with her patients. Anyway quiet at the moment.

So this low cal thing is not working because as usual I am only doing it half heartedly. I've got to get a grip on this, I really do. I have done something like this before and I know I can lose weight with it. I haven't gotten around to calling my family doctor about a referral to the bariatric clinic, I am resolved to do that today. Please everyone give me a if I do not report later on that I have done it.

Not much else to talk about right now, hope everyone has a good day and I'll talk to you later!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #2  

Good Morning!!!!

Jen-I am sorry things aren't working with the VLC diet. What are you contacting the bariatric clinic for? Are you interested in surgery or other options?

My kids are sick, as well as DH. They have some kind of virus. Both kids have had fevers in the 103 range. Not fun. The baby I watch also has it. His mom insinuated on the phone yesterday that I should have called her to tell her my kids were sick so she would have better understood why her son was sick. They were out of twon at a funeral and a wedding. I was a bit offended. Certainly it would have been a nice thing to do, but I had no idea where to reach her plus...um dealing with barfing kids and raging fevers here too! Not to mention watering her flowers, getting her mail, feeding her cats and cleaning her cat box...along with all the normal things I do. I REALLY hope this job ends in August! It's way better than my last job, but still.

Anyway...I am trying SUPER SUPER hard to get back on track today. I need to get this done. I am tired of my entire life being comsumed by my weight issues.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:30 AM   #3  
Jen

Misty, sorry to hear that the kids are still sick. Your neighbour is just as upset about her kid being sick as you are with yours and probably talked without thinking.

No I'm not thinking about surgery though in someways I wouldn't mind it. They will see people just for help with losing weight, not necessarily just for surgery. I need to get a grip with what is going on with me, like Misty I am tired of always thinking and being upset about my weight. I'd like to feel good about the way I look and I just don't. I know losing weight is not going to solve all my problems and I am not expecting it to but I think it would go a long way in helping me feel better about myself. I think I would have more energy and maybe a more positive outlook on things. Oh yes I did call this morning, so no butt kicking required! I called about 15 minutes ago and left a message for the doctor to call for a referral to the clinic. So that's done.

Anyway I need to catch a few hours of sleep, take care everyone, have a great day!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:53 PM   #4  

Sorry to hear that your family is sick, Misty. Maybe your neighbor didn't mean it to sound like it did. I'm with you, though, I would have also been annoyed!

Jen, good for you on making the call. Has someone called back yet?

I stayed home sick from work today. I went to bed with a migraine last night, and it was much, much worse when I woke up at 6:30. I called in sick, and set my alarm for 10:00, because they reallly needed me at work today. My head hurt like **** at 10:00. I took more medicine, and I went back to sleep. I finally woke up at 1:30. I still have a headache, but I can at least function now. I couldn't do anything except cry before (which only makes it hurt worse).

I might go to the WW meeting today if I'm still feeling half-way okay.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:02 PM   #5  

I ended up going to the meeting tonight. I lost .8 pounds. I'm still up from my lowest recorded weight....157.4....Wow! That's almost 5 pounds that I'm still up. How depressing is that!?

The NSV out of going to tonight's meeting is that our leader asked if I was interested in working for WW!!!! I was taken off-guard when she asked, and I responded that I think there would be much better people than me. But, I started to think about it, and it might not be such a bad idea!!! It would be kind-of fun, and a way to make a little extra spending money. Hmm...maybe I'll have to think about this a little bit more.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:12 AM   #6  

How are you feeling today Steph? It would be cool if worked for WW!!

The kids seem to be better today. I have to get back to work. So today I'll be at my neighbor's, then the rest of the week the kids will be here. So off I go! Have a great day!!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:27 AM   #7  
Jen

Steph - hope you are feeling better from your migraine. I get them too so I know how you feel. That is so great that you were asked to work for WW, what a shot in the arm that must be.

Misty - hope you have a good day at the neighbours. Glad to hear that the kids are better.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Ds was pretty good, except when he came home from school for a few minutes but after that he behaved himself. Went to t-ball last night, what a hoot that is. We should be videotaping it and sending it to America's Funniest Home Videos.

I haven't heard back from the doctors yet. They sent a message to her to see if she wants to see me before she does a referral, I can't see why, she knows I am overweight and obviously if I am asking for a referral to a bariatric clinic I am not doing very good at losing weight. I might have a wait to get to the clinic to begin with so I hope they are able to do the referral right away. Here in Canada it is a terrible wait for WLS so I imagine they are busy at the clinic.

Well I think it is going to be a good day, just a good feeling about the day in general. Take care all!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:39 AM   #8  

What's a week with out a vent from me about my husband? I find this one particualarly amusing. This is our IM conversation:

Misty:
I take it camping is out this weekend?

Josh: y? (I'll insert here that to me this indicates that he does
not understand why we can't go camping and he still intends to do so)

Misty: Well we have no reservations, the
camper is a mess (the tail lights need fixed, everything needs to be
washed and throughly cleaned), we have no gear prepared, no food
purchased, and no money this week to spend on any of it

Josh:looking @ it that way, I guess so (this
indicates to me that from his perspective it was still in the works and
that there is another way to look at it.)

Josh: I can't work on it in the rain (This I take to mean that if it hadn't been
raining he would have worked on it....has it rained NON stop for two months?
Maybe it has, but I don't think it has.)

I knew three weeks ago camping this weekend was slim. But from this conversation and others I surmised he still firgured we were OR more accuratlley he was just appeasing me and had NO intentions of going. So really I was just messing with him, trying to get him to admit it. I actually am not mad, I think it's funny. But he's going off to Pittsburgh on Thursday-Friday for a baseball game...and he thinks he's taking my van so I have NO car for two days! What a poop. I do resent that a bit. I can't just jaunt off for a weekend get away. Oh well. Gotta Love 'em!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #9  
Jen

Misty, I don't know whether to laugh or not at your IM conversation. Isn't that frustrating when husbands act that way? I guess he thought he would get all the stuff done on the camper in a couple of hours after work the night before you were going to leave. Reminds me of my husband who thought it would take about 1 hour to pack up the mess that was his workshop when we were moving and it actually took about 4 plus and that was just throwing everything into a box which is not exactly packing.

Anyway good news from the doctor's office. They are going to go ahead and make the referral, the nurse had to call and ask me for my height and weight, they need it for the referral and then the clinic will fax back more information and I have to go and have a bunch of bloodwork done. This is kind of exciting to think that I will be getting some expert help with this. I'm so tired of being fat and feeling bad about myself and how I look and thinking that all kinds of horrid diseases are around the bend if I don't do something about this now. I'm 38 and been in relatively good health even though I have been overweight most of my life. But it can't last, I know that. I wouldn't doubt that if I don't lose some weight that I will develop diabetes within the next 5 years and heart disease and high blood pressure are not far behind. I looked after a patient the other night, was one of the fattest people I have ever seen in my life, had to have been 400-500 lbs and it just made me ill thinking about how that could be me. I don't think I would ever let myself go that badly but then I never thought I would be at the weight I am now so who knows what might happen. There is a woman I knew when I was in high school and she was overweight like me at that time and now she is up over 300 lbs.

So I'm going to log off now and hit my exercise bike now, it has been a good day for eating, drinking water so now I have to get in my exercise.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #10  

Hey Chicks, sorry I have been MIA, but we went to my bros. grad. party on Sunday, and my FIL had his heart cath. yesterday morning. Everything went well, and I did something I was proud of myself for doing. We went down to the cafeteria for breakfast, and my MIL and DH had bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, potatoes, and eggs. I got a fresh fruit plate with lowfat cottage cheese!! I was so proud of me!! Well, my new nephew will be here any minute, so I am going to hop off here, hugs everybody!!
Hugs,
Donna
Old 06-27-2006, 07:19 PM   #11  

GREAT JOB DONNA!!!!! I'm glad all went well with FIL.

Jen-I know aren't men dorks? Glad to hear you refferal will go through then I hope they can put in touch with the resources you need!

My eating wasn't great but could have been worse so I am happy. I am going to go exercise now
Old 06-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #12  

Unhappy So Sad

I weighed myself. Granted I had on clothes and I had just eaten two pancakes. I weighed 222.5 That's only 2 pounds less than my starting weight two YEARS ago. I gained back ALL of the weight I'v elost at the meetings and MOST (except 1.5 pounds) of the 30 pounds I lost the fall of 2004. It's depressing. But I am going to do this.

I haven't drank water in weeks. I haven't exercised either. But so far this week I have walked twice so that's good right? And I'll drink some water tomarrow. I'll put it in the fridge tonight.

I just feel so sad now though. It's my own fault. ANd I know how to fix it.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #13  
Jen

Misty, sorry to hear that you are back up. I hit rock bottom in March with an all time high weight of 239 and I am struggling with everything. Take small steps, that's all you can do. Did you put your water in the fridge last night? I find that is an easy small step especially at this time of the year when it is so hot and humid most of the time you want to be drinking lots of water.

I had a bad morning today. Woke up feeling just awful. Couldn't face taking ds to daycare, they were having an event as yesterday was the last day of school. It wasn't his regular day but the owner said I could bring him in anyway without charge but he didn't really want to go, he's been having crying fits whenever he goes to daycare or school and I was feeling so wiped out this morning I couldn't cope him crying and carrying on. He's going through somekind of separation anxiety thing since just before he got the chicken pox. He's fine like 2 minutes after he's dropped off but it is very frustrating and upsetting when dropping him off and he's crying and carrying on. So I just laid on the couch and dozed while he watched cartoons. I managed to drag myself up around lunch and proceeded to pig out. Well it wasn't really that bad but it just feels like it was. Anyway we are going out soon so I'll be away from the temptations of the fridge. I think I overdid it with the exercise yesterday so I feel very sore all over and I feel like I have a cold coming on so I'm just very fatigued and cranky.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:11 PM   #14  

hey all!
Misty............I know where you are coming from.....hang in there girl and read back over all the great posts and wonderful things that you said to me....maybe it'll help!

Hope everyone is getting back up to par on all these illness'es! (is that a word?) lol!
Old 06-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #15  

hi! Just a quick ehllo and then I have to get soem laundry done. Hope everyoneis doing great!!! Jeanne-HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread