Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #31  

Alright, Turtles, I'm checking in for the week. I have lost 5 pounds this week but NOT the most healthy way possible! So I fully expect to see a couple of them come back, or at least maintain, next week. I've been so drugged up (various combinations of Percocet, Motrin, and Valium; sometimes all three at once!) that I've been either forgetting to eat, or just sleeping through it. I do NOT recommend this weight-loss method! It's been a painful, frustrating week, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

BUT, that said, it feels like things are easing up a bit! I still can't bend over, at all (like, leaning down that little tiny bit to flush the toilet is too much--that's how limited I am) and I still can't pick anything up or carry it. I've got to find someone today to help me buy groceries, we're all out at the house and hubby's work is being stupid and insisting that he come in (after telling him he could have the day off). But I'm not in screaming pain anymore, and I'm not sleeping all day, either. So life is getting better!

At any rate, I'm down to 260.0 this morning, which is a total loss of 34 pounds. I blew right by my third goal (263) so I must figure out what to do to celebrate that...I'm thinking rollerblading is OUT, right now! We'll see if this loss holds for the week...you never know what will happen, once I start eating something other than pills again!

Have fantastic weekends, Turtles! Take care of yourselves!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Mousie,
I love your positive attitude. Weigh to go girl. Flying past your third goal is amazing. Here is my suggestion to celebrate: Twiddle your thumbs. Now, I am serious. I do not want to hear about you hang gliding or diving off 200' cliffs or heaven forbid roller blading. Do you hear me? Really twiddling one's thumbs is heavenly. Go one direction, then the other, then smile. That's it!
That's all you're doing in a celebratory manner this goal! Mama has spoken.

Seriously--good for you for knocking off so much weight. Guess I'll get back on scale today and write down my foods.
This weekend will be busy with a graduation party on Sat. and we're having guests in for Sunday. Everybody, take care, have fun and do well on WW's.
Love,
Judy
Old 06-23-2006, 11:30 AM   #33  

Yes ma'am. I hear you. I'm thinking I'll do something bed-bound to celebrate...maybe watch a movie. Take a nap? Hmmmmm. Sounds good (and danger-free!) to me!

Remember, Judy--you make promises to YOURSELF to take care of yourself. Right? Good luck this weekend!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:54 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Friday!

I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a great weekend!

Susan
Old 06-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #35  

Judy -- I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. Thank you. It's nice to be welcomed back.

Mousie -- Ouch! Sorry, girl! I hope you feel better soon. Congrats on hitting 260, though!

Princess -- congrats! No, that's a rescue wolf at Wolfsong Ranch, New Mexico: http://www.wolfsongranch.org. They do good work, rescuing wolves from various situations, including human stupidity (like taking in a wolf. Wolves are not house pets. They are loyal, but they hate outsiders -- if you plan to bring friends by or get married or have kids, you can't have a wolf.) You have a great weekend too!

For myself, things are okay. It's monsoon season here in the desert, which means (slightly reduced heat), and our version of high humidity. I think the rain and wind stirred something up, because I'm having trouble breathing (sigh). I've only worked late one night this week (Thursday), and I worked out Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I went up .6 last week, because I discovered a new social group, went to dinner with them...I'm still working on my controlling my impulses when I eat out during the week. I was very frustrated that I ate more than I want to, and my best friend and I worked out a strategy -- I need to eat a piece of fruit and an all bran bar (2 points, high fiber) before going out to eat. That way I will be a lot less hungry at dinner, and it will be easier to resist temptation -- at least I hope! This week I am down 1.4, bringing me down to 163, or 43 pounds lost. Tomorrow, I might be driving to a nearby small town to see my friend compete. I haven't decided yet (it's 2.5 hours of driving round trip.) I'm not sure I have much else planned this weekend, but next weekend I have a 5-day weekend (Friday-Wednesday), and I'm going home to see my family.

WHEW! So, ladies, I will see you next week! Have a great weekend!
Old 06-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #36  
Martha

S/C/G: 265/246/150

Hi everyone,
Checking in for the first time in several days. My return to work after 6 weeks off was painful... it took me forever to go through email and mail, but I am glad to be back.

Mousie-glad to hear that you are some better-just take it easy and don't overdo it so that your muscles will heal.

I didn't lose anything this week...kind of disappointing, but I did eat out a lot- everyone wanting to take me to lunch and then we had a dinner party at cheddar's one night. I made what I thought was good choices, but I still didn't lose anything. I am not planning on eating out this weekend, so I will be in better control of the food-

Have a wonderful weekend.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar069...5/150/246/.png

Martha
Old 06-24-2006, 09:35 AM   #37  

Hi Martha! Hey, when you've got a week of challenges like you just faced, "not losing" (otherwise known as maintaining) is fantastic! Clearly you DID make some excellent choices, because you managed to eat out all week, with monster portion sizes and no control over how your food was cooked, and still not gain!

Ariana, how exciting, to be more than halfway to goal! You must be so pumped up about that. It sounds like you have good strategies for dealing with "eating out" temptations, too. I'm sure next week will be good news. :

As for me, I'm trying to be mindful of not doing too much, too soon. Thankfully (???) the pain stops me, right now, but with my PT background I'm also aware that when the pain goes away it doesn't necessarily mean the muscles have healed. I have set July 15 as a tentative day to get back on my blades, and I'm planning to do short (like, to the corner and back) walks to help myself heal. And always, always, always pay attention to the clock--if I'm up for more than half an hour, I need to get DOWN as soon as possible. Right now I have a young and healthy body, and I know the "young" part will change, but I certainly don't want to aggravate the "healthy" part any more than necessary!

Tkae care of yourselves, Turtles, and have good weekends!
Old 06-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #38  

Oh Turtles, I just got horrible, upsetting news.

Juliette, my blading partner, just let me know that since I had such a bad accident, and because she feels guilty (she was there, yes, but she had NOTHING to do with it, it was just a freak thing), she doesn't think she'll get on blades again. Ever. She says she'll stick to walking and yoga. We were going to go on a blading trip in Switzerland next summer, we were both hyping up about this coming adventure, we had all these talks about how we want to LIVE our lives, have stories to tell and things to look back on and things to be proud of doing...and now...it was just a freak thing, it was just an accident, I could be up and about but I'm taking it easy just because I NEED a good, strong back for my career...and now she's spooked on me and dropped out....

Oh Turtles. How awful. I'm going to get back on my blades...maybe I shouldn't do it, either. Maybe I should just stick to bikes.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:55 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Congrats Mousie & Ariana on your weight losses.

BF party was a success & now, I am back on track and am going to really focus this week. Have missed my ww the last 2 Thurs nights because of social outtings but will go for sure this week. My eating has been terrible lately but back to journalling & eating right as of today.

Hope everyone has a really great "turtle week" Bye for now.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #40  

Default I'm a Size 14!!!!

Martha -- mousie is absolutely right. When it comes to a week of WL challenges (such as Christmas or Thanksgiving, or your first week back at work, with everyone taking you out), maintaining is just as good as losing weight. One of my WW leaders pointed out that, while you were not on WW, you were often gaining weight, fairly steadily, so maintaining is really NOT GAINING that weight. I gained about a pound a month during college, and right after amounting to about 70 pounds...so now, when I do not lose, I am disappointed but I try and remember that maintaining is the same thing as not gaining. So don't beat yourself up about it. It's much harder to control caloric intake when we eat out.

Mousie -- thank you, I am psyched about being more than half-way there. I think losing 1.3 last week was good news, and I am going to try and stay with that. Regarding your friend -- I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know what to think about blading. How likely is something like that to happen again, where you are badly hurt?

Bandit -- thank you! I am quite excited about the recent loss. You can get back on track, Bandit, and maybe figure out the things that make you get off track, and work on strategies to cut down on them. That's what I've been trying to do too.

4th of July weekend will be a challenge, since I am going home and it's a holiday, but I plan to make some WW veggie dip, some other dip and baked tortilla chips...to eat a lot of veggies during the party, and to try and be strong while I'm home. Do you guys have any strategic recommendations for *not* gaining weight? I'm going to a party Friday night, then home to Phoenix on Saturday, not coming back until Wednesday afternoon. I tend to eat more over holidays and when I go home.

Well, ladies, I had a quiet (fairly dull) weekend. The upshot is that I went to Mervyn's to get a new bathing suit, and I grabbed one with a hanger tag that said "16." I tried it on, and it was a bit snug, but comfortable enough. I looked at the tag on the clothing itself, and it turned out to be a 12! And it fit! I just stared, open-mouthed. I haven't fit into anything size 12 since 1999/2000. Now, suits are more forgiving than regular clothes, so it looks like I'm down to a 14. (A pair of stretch 12's fit, but were skin-tight -- if they shrunk at all, they wouldn't fit. The 14's were a bit big, but a much closer fit.) This is big news, since I was between a 16 and an 18 last time I bought clothes (a few months ago.) Needless to say, I was thrilled, and I had to share it with you guys.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:26 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Ariana - that is absolutely awesome! Good for you - what a thrill :-)
Old 06-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #42  

Bandit -- thank you! I am still quite tickled.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:57 PM   #43  
Martha

S/C/G: 265/246/150

Weigh to go Ariana!!!! 12/14 is awesome. I am looking forward to the day when I can wear that. I appreciate the words of encouragement on my "maintenance" last week. You all are so right... I did eat out a lot and not gain, and that is wonderful.
This week started out very stressful-my mother in law is going through some kind of demented period...we hospitalized her yesterday to have some tests run- the cops had found her roaming around on a major road about 10 miles from her home (she had driven there and left her car in the road and was wondering about). I am so thankful she did not get hurt. But, if we can't figure out what is going on and she doesn't clear up, we may be looking at moving her in with us. This will be a major test for me to not eat in stressful situations. Wish me luck!

Mousie, once you get back to feeling 100% and get back on the blades, your friend might come around and get back on hers.

Everyone have a wonderful week, and I will check in on Friday.

Martha
Old 06-28-2006, 11:25 AM   #44  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Ariana,
Oh, nothing could be more glorious than fitting into a size 12 bathing suit!!
Oh, I am so happy for you.

Mousie,
I thought the same thing that Martha did about your friend. I feel that time heals a lot of physical and emotional things. It had to be horrible for your friend to see you go down so hard, see you in pain, and help you get through this time. Let's give her some time to heal---let's put some distance between your fall and new time coming up and see what happens. And if she remains firm and really won't ever get up on roller blades again--there is so much else you could do together. :bicycle:I know that my sister is going to celebrate her 50th. birthday in England on a walking tour with her good friend. You enjoy many physical activities and I know you'll come up with a plan. Right now, heal up well, keep to your good ideas about recovery (including stopping when you're supposed to stop) and I know it will all turn out well in the end. (As another friend says, "It will all turn out well in the end. If it isn't well yet, it's not the end yet." I love that!)

Bandit, here we go again girl! I have had non-stop social activiites and it looks like you have too. Weigh to go to get right back on. I know what you mean. I really don't go binge-happy at these events, but I am thrown off routine and have to make good choices all the time. It's possible, but when I combine social activiites with feeling blue or depressed, then it's even harder.

Martha, I am so sorry about your mom-in-law. That had to be so stressful for you. Let's hope that things go well and it was a momentary lapse and that she'll be okay. In any case, let's try not to worry about something that may happen because it hasn't happened yet. Here's a to help you through these times.

Mousie, I hear you about wanting to do this for myself. This whole month has been a whirlwind of activity and it's not about to stop any time soon. My ds and his family will be back with us this weekend and we'll also be going to a July 4th. celebration. All the kids will come in to see their brother and family and kids so I'll be hostess with the mostess again. It's up to me to have well planned foods and snacks and I'm just about to get into planning mode again. The good thing about the past weekend was that the food at the graduation party wasn't tasty, so I didn't overdo. Sunday I had friends in here and the food was doable and yummy. Then at my dd's house where I babysit my dgs(dear grandson) I was very careful and ate good choices. Today I am home and doing well. I'm going to start a new thread. Now I realize why Lauren would start a new thread and then write her message. No one will see this! Egads. I have a lot to learn/
Onward and downward. Keep up the good work Turtles.
Love,
Judy
Old 06-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Just checking in

Can't stay long but wanted to stop by for a quick hello!

Congrats to Ariana! I am just thrilled for you!

I will have to check back later on to read more an catch up!

Susan
Closed Thread