Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #1  

Talking Where state are you from.....and...

Currently we are in the mojave desert in California....

For those that have kids.. What is your biggest challenge with doing WW and having kids.?.

Mine is i still have a bad habit of tasting food when im cooking for them. So about time i sit down and have a meal with them i already ate a quarter of the food that im suppose to have......
Old 05-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #2  
searching 4 the real me

Hi paw... I'm in Las Vegas, Nevada

I agree, it is hard when you are cooking and trying not to taste the food. That is when you have to have strong willpower. I like your handle and what it stands for. I am also a Proud Army Wife. Are you guys stationed at Fort Irwin?
Old 05-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #3  

I sent you a private message. Its really short. im about to take my boys to swimming lesson then head to the gym. I hope to hear from you.. Take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtswife33
Hi paw... I'm in Las Vegas, Nevada

I agree, it is hard when you are cooking and trying not to taste the food. That is when you have to have strong willpower. I like your handle and what it stands for. I am also a Proud Army Wife. Are you guys stationed at Fort Irwin?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:30 PM   #4  
Running Babe

I'm not from the US... I live in Ontario Canada, but was born and raised in Quebec Canada!

I will find out the challenges of WW and kids soon enough I am sure!

CheerS!

Ali
Old 05-31-2006, 08:51 PM   #5  
Aussie living in Seattle

I am an Aussie living in Washington and I have a boy and a girl. I find the challenge of not being able to exercise without the kids during the day to be a real obstacle. Sure we go to the park and I push the double pram but that is so boring. But the time my hubbie gets home I am too tired for the gym. I really should get more motivated, shouldn't I?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/180/145

I'm on the other side of the country .. Massachusetts .. and I have one daughter. My biggest issues relating to my being on WW as far as she is concerned are .....

NO time to get to the gym and get any decent exercise in.
Having to make 2 different meals sometimes (though I don't often taste hers)

and

Trying to make sure that she realizes that I want to do this more for my health than for body image. I dont' want her growing up with the same body issues that I did!!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/144/149

Height: 5'9

Hey I'm not in the states either, I'm in Ontario Canada
Old 07-14-2006, 11:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Smile

I'm in Warrington, PA and a mother of three kids - ages 4, 3, and 5 months.

Luckily, I haven't had any trouble with dieting and having the kids - EXCEPT - it interfers with me doing excerise. They think I'm playing a game or something when I do videos at home so they try to climb all over me (no, other than the baby, they don't take naps, so I can't do it then!). And then due to lack of childcare and my extremely busy evenings when my husband gets home I don't have time to go to the gym or anything. Oh well... I'm sure I'll figure something out
Old 07-20-2006, 11:17 PM   #9  

I'm from Chicago, IL. The great Midwest:-D
Old 08-23-2006, 08:20 PM   #10  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!! I am in Chandler Arizona. I have a 6yo and a 4yo. My biggest challenge has been when they want some of my snack/meal. I tell them I have to eat the whole thing because I counted the points for it. They smile and say ok. They are happy to "help" me. I also have a hard time resisting the treats I like to give them every now and then. It's not often, but it is hard at times. We all eat the same meals though. That helps. Even hubby eats whatever I put in front of him. good luck all!!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:53 PM   #11  

Height: 5'3

I am from Pennsylvania but as an US Air Force wife so we are nomads moving every couple of years. Right now we've been living in Germany for over two years...We will be PCSing back Stateside in the summer '07.

(Btw..I was glad to see a couple other military wives here..Hi paw1981 & ssgtswife...we are Air Force right now but DH is putting in his package to transfer to Army soon).

I don't have any children so I can't answer the other part..
Old 09-10-2006, 03:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

Hi there! Forthe past 10 years, dh & I have lived in Alaska. I am originally from NE Ohio & he was a military brat. We met in the UK on a military base there & then moved here in Dec. 96. Dh retired from the USAF 2 years ago this month & we decided to stay here. Never in a million years did I think I would end up living in Alaska

I have 2 kids, 8 & 4. I either get up early & workout when they are still asleep, I got to the gym (which has a daycare...not the base gym, of course) or we hike alot. We have a trail system near our house & the kids, the dog & I often hit the trails with another family we know for 3-5 mile hikes. You'd think with all the exercise I manage to fit in that I'd be at goal...
Old 10-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #13  
I wanna get back to this!

S/C/G: 182.4/169.6/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm in Denver - originally from Minnesota and lived in Ohio and California for some time as well.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #14  

I live in Arlington,VA. Right over the bridge from DC and only about 10 minutes from the Pentagon. I don't have kids but life is still busy. I don't even go to WW meetings. I am doing it on my own. My difficulty is planning around meetings and programs at work. Eating in meetings seems a little awkward but not so awkward if snacks are provided and luckily they are generally healthy. Some days I am in the car a lot. It has gotten better over time. In January I will be at this job 3 years but when I started I was 179. That was after gaining 30 pounds back and I continued to gain because of poor planning. I am doing better but it is a work in progress.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #15  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

I live in the Atlanta, GA area. Spent some time living in NY City and was born & raised in Florida.
Closed Thread