Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 11:22 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thumbs down Fabulous Forties #67

Hi girls!

Janie, so sorry to hear your daughter wasn't feeling well, hope she's better now. At our picnic last week, one of my favorite aunts was there, her name is Jane and one of her daughters, a cousin I was close to growing up, is Ellen. What a coincidence!

I get the flavored waters at WalMart also....usually I'll have that with lunch or dinner instead of diet soda. They have lots of flavor, and, as Terri said, no fat, calories, sugar.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

~Jen
Old 08-04-2001, 11:27 AM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYRA !!!

I just noticed it on your posts from the 2nd and 3rd....which day was it? At any rate, hope it was a good one. All good health and happiness to you in the year to come!

hugs,
~Jen
Old 08-04-2001, 04:57 PM   #3  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MYRA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!

Hope your day goes well. RELAX! GLAD you enjoyed your massage.

Hi Jen!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

We all stayed the same this week except Bruce. He lost 1/2#
He was strutting around and cracking the kids up.
Terri
Old 08-05-2001, 12:10 AM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Talking

BEARS WIN !!! LOL.......If you haven't guessed it by now, I'm a Chicago Bears fan. I know, it's pre-season, so for some it "doesn't matter", but for us it does!

Terri, too funny about Bruce.....would love to see the strutting! He should be proud of his loss.

This has been a wonderfullly quiet weekend We purchased a new frig yesterday.....the one in the kitchen is reading 60 degrees! In the last year and a half, we've replaced the washer and dryer, stove, and now, the frig. All that remains is the dishwasher...if we're lucky we'll be able to do it next year instead of this fall.

Enjoy!!!
Jen
Old 08-05-2001, 12:56 AM   #5  

Jen,
That is great about the fridge. I love new things. Good for you.
My Steelers won too. YEAH! We are winners!!!!
Bruce was so funny! He would have gotten kicked out of a ww meeting.

Have a great rest of weekend!

Terri
Old 08-05-2001, 06:56 AM   #6  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Well, I survived the day with my food obsessed parents. You wouldn't believe how many times I had to say "No thanks" but I survived it. But would you believe, that even though they know I am on WW they bought me cheesecake? I must confess. I did have a slice. I couldn't resist. But it was a real small one. I did go over my points for the day, but I had enough banked points to cover it. Now it is time to go back OP and work off that cheesecake. It's kickboxing for me in a little bit.
Old 08-05-2001, 04:37 PM   #7  

Hi everyone

Happy belated birthday Myra!

Just checking in to say hi and let you know I'm still around. I must lead a really boring life. I don't have anything exciting to share so I end up lurking most of the time. Unless you want to hear I went grocery shopping, mowed the yard, cleaned house etc. My husband & I are real homebodies. My idea of entertainment is a good book and an occasional movie. Oh well... Plus it is so hot here right now I don't want to go outside until October

I gained 2#'s last WI... no surprise. I have done better this week. We'll see Tuesday. I have planned menu's for 3 weeks and plan to stick to the program faithfully. I'm finally tired of fooling around with the program. Time to get serious.

Congrats Terri & Myra on your losses. And anyone else I missed.

Have a great Sunday!
Joyce
Old 08-05-2001, 05:11 PM   #8  

Congrats to youy Myra! You gotta have a piece of cake on your own B-day. you have those wondeful banked points. You go!
Kick those legs high and you will be fine.

Joyce,
Sticking to it is the best thing you could do. You will do great next week.

Luv y'all,
Terri
Old 08-06-2001, 10:17 AM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Joyce, well, I must lead a boring life also! LOL......the everyday stuff is just as important as anything else. Good going on the meal planning. I know how easy it is to be OP if I plan ahead.

Myra, it's good that you celebrated your day by having the small piece of cheesecake.....you chose a small piece, and had points banked, did it exactly right!

We're in another hot spell, 90's forecasted for the next few days. This has really been a hot summer. We went to my bro's again yesterday to swim. It's the best way to get Joe's mind off work and see him relax.

hi to Terri, Essie, Dianne, Janie

have a great Monday!

~Jen
Old 08-06-2001, 12:50 PM   #10  

Hi girls,

It's Monday morning and I have to say even though I may not have lost this week I can definately tell my clothes are looser. Loosing inches is good too!

Exercise for this past weekend:

Sat: kickboxing, walking 1 3/4 miles, house cleaning

Sun: Walk 1 mi, peddle boating 30 mins.

Today I plan to walk 1 3/4 mi and do a low impact aerobics class.

Dinner is the only thing I am concerned about today. I will be attending a meeting where dinner will be provided. You never know what will be served.

I have been waking up at around 4am with my stomach growling. I usually get a drink of water and try to go back to sleep. What do you folks do when you get the mid-night hungries?

BTW, Thank you all for your concern about Ellen. She was still a little tired on Sat but is fine now. Back to her normal happy self.

HAve a great Monday everyone,

JanieD
Livermore, CA
Old 08-06-2001, 03:21 PM   #11  

Good Monday everyone!

I just got back from town. We got our IRS tax rebate today. YIPPEEEE!!! I told my husband it felt like Christmas However, it went in the savings account to save for a rainy day. Speaking of which we haven't had rain in over 6 wks here. The temps have been 99-100 degrees. We are only watering where we have carpet grass everything else is brown.

Well I'm venturing out into fish sales. We raise Guppies and have decided to see if our hobby will pay us back. I am going to try to sell my fry (babies) to the local pet shops for a little extra income. We have half-black reds, half-black yellows, blues, purples & blue-greens. We set up our daughter's old bedroom as a fish room. (Got to do something with this 3 bdrm house ) So far the local pet shops seem very interested in local sales, since they usually have to ship in the fish from out of state or country. This is what has been taking up some of my time lately.

Janie - Great going on the exercise. That is an area I really need to work on. I do good for a few weeks then get lax. Don't know too much about late night munchies though. Maybe a glass of skim milk w/ banana or a piece of fruit?

Jen - I know about hot weather. I'm glad Joe can relax and get his mind off of work. When I was working full time I as the Purchasing & Inventory Mgr. for the City of Seguin it was very stressful. When I was hired there was no purchasing & inventory dept. - so my dept. (2 people) had to set it up from the ground up. With opposition from about every City department. It really took it's toll on me. So try to get Joe to relax in any way you can .

Terri - Thanks for the encouragement! I used to be able to diet and exercise & stick with it for months. Now, I feel like I'm a kid dragging it's heels and saying noooooo!!!!!!!! I don't want to!
I don't know if it is because of everything I've been through or what? I feel like I need to treat myself now. BUT...... Killing myself with food is not the answer. I'm a work in progress as I tell my DH. I have not given up.....just slowed a bit!

Myra - You are doing so fine. Keep it up!

Have a great week everyone!

Pattie we miss you..

Joyce

Last edited by Joyce W; 08-06-2001 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-06-2001, 04:22 PM   #12  

Joyce,
You can have some of our rain. Congrats on your rebate check.
We are one of the last to get ours.
Have fun with it. Good luck with the fish sales. That sounds kind of neat.
You are wonderful work in progress. Good luck to you.

JanieD,
I don't get hungry in the middle of the night. I was never allowed to eat , as a child, after 10:00 P.M. so I guess it bacame a habit. I still don't. I have never got up, like you see on tv, in the middle of the night and raided the fridge. I guess I sleep so heavy that nothing wakes me up. I would probably keep the water and something low in points by the bed. That is an interesting question and am looking forward to some insight from the group.
Great job on the exercise. You are doing great! Good luck at the dinner. I am glad that your daughter is feeling better.

Jen,
I'll bet you can't wait for your own pool. Won't be long now.

Terri
Old 08-06-2001, 05:01 PM   #13  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Janie,
Midnight eating has been a real challenge for me. One thing I've been taking certain supplements that help me sleep deeper and hoping that I sleep through the night and don't have to worry about that. But I still get up sometimes. What I've been doing is making sure I don't eat all my points before going to bed. I eat my minimum but keep a few available so I won't max out if I eat during the night. I also try to have good, low points snacks available to grab for those midnight raids.

I hope this helped.

Myra
Old 08-06-2001, 09:36 PM   #14  

Whatever helps you Essie. If it is Richard Simmons, all the power to you. He has a healthy program. Good luck.

Hi Dianne, Jen, Myra, Janie, Joyce and Patti

Terri
Old 08-07-2001, 06:42 PM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie, I've never been bothered by middle of the night hunger...in fact that's about the only time I'm not eating ....drinking water sounds as tho it's the best remedy. Water does fill you up, and you're not using any points by doing so. What about having a snack of fruit or yogurt before bed? I find yogurt to be very satisfying in staving off hunger. Good job on the exercise!

Joyce, the fish sounds like a fun hobby. If it becomes lucrative for you also, all the better! Our tax rebate went into the bank too, how boring.

Terri, it's almost a pool! At the risk of offending anyone, I've been telling my sister and niece when they ask when the pool's going up, that we should have the erection next week The village came out yesterday, assured me we should have the permit by tomorrow; we've already given the installer the down payment, he's just waiting to get the go ahead from us. Not too soon for me! I really hope it goes up before fall arrives.

Essie, where are you girl? I miss your smile!

Dianne, Myra, hi

~Jen
Closed Thread