Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 11:25 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thumbs down Fabulous Forties # 60

Hi girls,

How cool that we're on #60 already! It is rather quiet in here this week....hmmmm.....I know Terri's on vacation, but what about everyone else?

Joyce, where are you? Busy in your garden? I'm still waiting patiently for something to harvest! So far I've only been able to use some herbs. Can't wait for those tomatoes!

Essie, how's it going? Got your mail, and am going to check it out. Everything and anything can help right now!

Today was my first weigh in, I'm down 1.25 pounds. Yesterday was not great, so that loss came at a good time. One day at a time has got to be my new motto.

Dianne, Myra, Zoe,

Have a great day,
~Jen
Old 06-20-2001, 12:25 PM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Congrats on the WI. I just hope mine is as good. I am not very optimistic.
Old 06-21-2001, 06:34 AM   #3  
Lifetimer

Weighed in yesterday and I lost that pound I gained last week! Now to work on the rest of those pesky pounds. I am determined to continue to be a loser.
Old 06-21-2001, 11:35 AM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Smile

Myra, good going on the pound. Bouncing right back is the way to do it.

I'm determined to stay focused, am making 80 oz. of water my goal for today.

Hi to all

~Jen
Old 06-21-2001, 03:34 PM   #5  

Hi everyone

I'm still around but have been really busy with work, yard & the garden. By the time the day ends I just want to go to bed or take some quiet time and read.

I had a gain at two meetings for a total of 1.8 and then I lost 1.8 last week so I am hanging in there. I've been journaling and trying really hard to stay OP. Need to work on exercise & water. I used to walk from our house to the main road which is a 1.25 mi round trip. But ever since the snake incident I have not gone walking. My dh & I have walking sticks for when we go to Colorado so maybe I'll just take my stick and go anyway.

I have read everyone's post but I'm so far behind I don't think I have time to respond to all. Sorry... I'll try to check in with you all more often. Hope everyone is doing okay.

Have a great day!
Joyce
Old 06-22-2001, 01:32 AM   #6  

Hi!
We just spent the last 4 days in Covington, Kentucky. We went to the zoo, Aquarium, the Cincinnati Reds baseball game, and spent every evening in the pool. It has been nice. We had the most spectacular view of riverboats and skylines. It was beautiful.
We are at my sister's, inColumbus, Ohio, right now. Tomorrow is the Backstreet Boys concert. My sister gave Britts the tickets today. It was so much fun watching her. I can't wait to go myself.
Sat. we will be off again to my mom's for my nephew's grad. party.
Then Sunday off to the Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball game. Mostly to see their new stadium, they are not doing too well.

Jen and Myra,
Congrats on losing those pounds. YAY!

Patti,
You will get re-committed. You will see. Those pounds will be off in no time.

As for me. I have been pretty good. The one downfall was for the three mornings we had at the Embassy Suites they had (included with the room) a breakfast with made to order omelets,
sausages, bacon, potatoes, danish, etc... Not paying made it easy to eat. But I did pretty well considering.

Well, I'll talk to y'all tomorrow. I love having access to my sister's PC. I will use Bruce's laptop at my mom's house.
Hi Essie, Joyce and Dianne
Terri
Old 06-23-2001, 06:40 AM   #7  

Hi Everybody

I've been over at eDiets trying to get familiar with the website. I'm still following WW. I need all the support I can get so I decided to join for 3 mths for $10 a month. With WW 3 mths comes out to $144 I got tired of paying just to weigh-in. I can do that at home. I'll go back in January 2002.

Terri, happy to hear you're having a good time. BSB concert do you have tylenol? Say to Brittany.

Joyce, you maintained so that's not so bad. At least you lost what you gained & you're journaling. I always see the successful people always with journal. Keep it up

Jen, I haven't forgotten about you My Friend. Just been a little busy this past week. Congrats on your loss. That's what I say, "take one day at a time". I have to. I don't think about yesterday or tomorrow. I stay with the present.

I'm going to my brother's 40th birthday party today. I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how WELL I did.

Myra, you can do it, you can do it, you can do it!!!

Hi Dianne & Patti
Have a great day!

Last edited by livingfit426; 06-23-2001 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-23-2001, 11:30 AM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down Hello to all you FABULOUS 40's...............

Ladies, it's been a great week! I am on day #6 of being focused again although I haven't gotten my water in the last day and a half, but I'll be better. I couldn't stay away from the scale and it is lookin' good.....(I won't tell until Monday....hehehe) I have to admit that it hasn't been all that hard to stay on track this week but then, I never have a hard time in the "beginning".

I can't stay but will be back later. I hope that you's guys are having a wonderful Saturday and staying OP.

Love to you all, Patti ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 06-23-2001, 12:08 PM   #9  

Hey everyone

Essie - I'm going to a 40th birthday party today also - supposed to be a barbecue, but rain again! It's my son-in-law's 40th and my granddaughter's 11th. Right now I'm cooking arroz con gandules with olives, capers, pimientos and I'm throwing in some salchicha to boot! That's my contribution to the party. My step-daughter and her family love my rice!

Hi, Jen, Terri (BSB's mom), joyce, myra and Anita (hope I didn't forget anyone). Have a great weekend everyone and Jen, like I've said before "one day at a time" is the only way I can take it, lol. (one day, good, one day, bad.........just kidding)!

Talk to you all soon.

Dianne
Old 06-23-2001, 12:10 PM   #10  

Oops sorry Zoe/Patti -- I forgot you!!!! Forgive me, please and have a great day!

Dianne
Old 06-24-2001, 08:20 AM   #11  
Lifetimer

I just heard of a supplement that is supposed to help stress-related eating, which is my downfall. It is called 5-HTP. It is herb-based (from griffonia) and it breaks down the amino acid tryptophan to convert it to serotonin. It also works as an antidepressant and helps with insomnia. I started taking it last night. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 06-24-2001, 08:54 AM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi girls!

Sounds like you're having a good time, Terri. How was the concert? I said, how was the concert? LOL.....am thinking that perhaps your ears may still be ringing! Hope you both had fun.

Dianne, that rice sounds awesome, can I come over to eat? Hope the party was fun despite the rain.

It seems that you're doing great with the program, Patti. Waiting to hear what that scale said! Keep up the good work.

Essie, hope your party was fun. I am in total agreement with you about spending the money at WW. I simply can't bring myself to do that. I know things will "click" for you.

Joyce, good to hear from you! You had a great loss, hang in there! Can't say that I blame you about the walking. When are you going to Colorado? I've never been there, hear it's beautiful.

I love the phrases used at Dotti's site...."no regrets", no looking back, etc. I've had two days that ended up being not so great, but I'm slowly learning to put that behind me and look forward to a fresh new day.

We're going to a huge flea market today (as soon as Joe wakes up LOL ), will get in lots of walking. It's just the two of us all day today, so it'll be easy to stay strictly OP and flush away some of the "bad" stuff from the last two days.

I feel confident that I'll post a loss on Wednesday. I'm actually looking forward to a good OP day.

Have a good one!
~Jen
Old 06-24-2001, 05:21 PM   #13  

Hi

Dianne, you sound like a typical PR I've made arroz con gandules with salchichas too. My husband loves it!! If I throw some sunny side up eggs on top, he's in heaven. Hope you had a good time at the birthday party. My brother's turned out nice. He was really surprised. I got the best compliment ever. One of my brother's friends asked me if my son David was my husband. I cracked up because of the look on his face. It was so funny!!! I had a big smile I had a good time. It was an early party, from 2-7:00 cause my SIL rented a hall.

Jen, we really can't look back. There's nothing we can do about yesterday but we can do something about today. My sister-in-law's, sister-in-law lost 64 lbs on WW. We always see eachother around the holidays & birthdays & each time she looks thinner. She must have around 30 more to go. After I see her I feel so inspired. I asked her if she's bored with it & she said no. We can do this. We have to have the right mindset.

Myra, that supplement sounds pretty good. I don't have insomnia but the way Pete snores I sure fell like an insomniac (sp?)

Patti, can't wait to hear about your weight loss! Do you have a digital scale? I'm thinking on buying one.

Hi Terri & Joyce

Love,
Essie
Old 06-24-2001, 11:54 PM   #14  

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Essie - I would love a compliment like that. A checker at the store the other day asked for my ID when I purchased alcohol. Of course she knew I was at least 22 (just kidding). But I thanked her profusely & told her I appreciated the gesture.

Jen - How was the flea market? There are two nearby and Charles & I were just talking of going to one. - Thanks for the encouragement with staying OP. - We have not been to Colorado in 4 years. No plans anytime soon. I'd go every year if we could afford it. It is beautiful. We also like to take our boat & go fishing at nearby lakes for recreation. This will have to do until we can get back to CO.

Myra - Let me know how you feel on the 5 HTP. I am on my last week of antidepressants (been weaning off under doctor care for 3 months) I told my husband I actually think I am feeling better the lower I get on dosages. We'll see.

Patti - Great going girl. I know how it goes.. I can get two really good weeks under my belt then I cheat and fall in a rut. But it really helps me when I journal and stay focused. Good luck!!!!

Hello to all & hope everyone is doing well.
Joyce
Old 06-25-2001, 10:12 PM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday Evening

Hi Ladies ~ another Monday gone, thank goodness. I hate Mondays. I weighed in today and lost 3 pounds. I know that sounds like a good thing and believe me, I really am happy about it but around Thursday, I had gotten on the scale and had lost 6 pounds. I wasn't "great" over the weekend but I suppose, being good all week and then somewhat bad on the weekend can be ok if I lose some. I'm still pleased with it.

Jen ~ how did the flea market go? I used to go to them all the time but haven't been in so long. You've given me the bug now so I'll have to get to one here next weekend.

Essie ~ Yes, I do have a digital scale, thank goodness because I don't know what I'd do without those half pounds.

Joyce ~ Yup, a great week and then BAM! a bad Saturday and Sunday. I managed to lose 3 pounds but it really should have been more.

Hi Dianne and Myra ~ hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I am so sorry. I'm in a hurry as usual. Have a great Monday night.
Closed Thread