Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 03:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Default thursday chatterers for April/06

Good afternoon

i thought i'd be bold and start our april thread-how's everyone doing? weather here is just beautiful-not as warm as some of you I know but still really nice-makes everyone feel great-I'm stuck on that 10 lb lost but i will not get discouraged-i'm still not smoking so that's a plus-also news from this end-i'm going to lose a lot of weight all at once and really fast-i'm leaving my husband!! now that's a great diet-I shouldn't make light of this, but to me it's a big relief. I'm moving out - i've found an apt closer to work and i feel rejuvenated. I never did get those ice skates-too late in the season. but when i get moved i'm buying a pr of roller blades-can you just imagine the looks on the young people when this grey haired old lady goes whizzing by!!! any way , just wanted to keep you guys updated. I certainly hope everyone else is having a good day

take care
maureen
Old 04-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #2  

WTG on getting us started for April, Maureen!!!

Good for you on not smoking!! That is awesome!! YIKES!! I just kept reading your post while I was typing!!! Leaving? Moving out? Oh my!! It sounds like you have definitely thought this through. Keep us posted on those roller blades!! I wish I could be there to see you take off on them.

We were working at the other house today, and I had a meltdown. I couldn't stop crying. I know we have made the right decision, but I guess having the for sale sign in the yard and walking through empty rooms kind of set me off. I know my parents would be happy for us, because we are living in the kind of place that they had talked about moving into, then my mom got sick. Lots of memories, and I am a slightly emotional person. lol
Old 04-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Default I've Returned!

Hi all,
It's been a while since I posted. I just haven't felt like sharing.
Larry has been having trouble with his throat. He wakes up with it dry or with what seems like drainage. The other day, it seemed like he could feel something in there. He's been to the doctor and then had an x-ray of his esophogus. (He had to drink barium while they shot pictures of it going down.) We go see the doctor on Tuesday to find out what's going on.
I am freaking out!!!!!

Maureen, thank you for starting us out this month.
Should I say Hooray or I'm Sorry about the demise of your marriage?
You sound like everything is okay with you.

Tammy, I'm sorry you're going through those feelings about the house. I did that when we sold Mother's house (my home until I married). It will be okay.

Hope everyone else is all right. We'll have to get everyone back into the fold.
Tina
Old 04-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #4  

Tina, I would be freaking out too! Let us know as soon as you know what's happening with Larry! Prayers are with you both.

I know things will be fine. I think my emotions are just going crazy right now. Making decisions about retirement, Tim going off to school in August, selling the house, being in pain, and the list goes on and on.

There are 39 school days left for the kids. Hard to believe. I hope they've learned a little something this year, but I'm not holding my breath. I graded some math papers yesterday. It was graphing, and we did lots of that in 2nd grade. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, for some of them it was like they had no idea what they were doing. I was in tears and so totally frustrated. I think that has been the hardest thing for me this year. I know what they knew in 2nd and now they don't even know some of that.

I think I'm going to make reservations for Bob and I to go away over Easter break. Tim is old enough to stay on his own and take care of Kramer. We're having the garage sale on Thurs., Fri., and maybe Sat. before Easter. If we'd go somewhere late Sat. and come back on Monday, it might do us both some good. Bob is frustrated with his brothers after just being with them in Florida.
I'm just frustrated!!! lol
Old 04-02-2006, 09:34 PM   #5  
Susan

Hi

It looks like we've all been a little quiet lately.

Maureen, know that we are all here for you!!!!!

Tina, Larry will be in my prayers. Call me if you need me! I'm here for you.

Tammy, I would have mixed feeling too if I were you. You have a lot of memories in that house.

My nose is doing ok. The doctor said No surgery, just a bunch of nose spray. It's feeling better but my sunglasses dropped drown on it. Man did that hurt!!!

We've been working in the garden, getting it all planted. Got the beginning of my Seamus Garden going too. Other than that, nothing new here.

I've been in a rut lately and can't stop eating junk. Not good!!!!! I would like to lose this week but think it will be a gain due to Easter egg malt balls and m&M's. I sure wish they were healthy for you!!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #6  

Susan, I'm sure that m&m's are healthy.
Ouch to your sunglasses!!!!

One of the retired teachers ran into the president of the school board. He brought up the elem. principal. He told her that he should have been gone long ago. She asked him why he and the school board had allowed him to stay and ruin the elementary staff's spirit the way that he had. He didn't have an answer for her. Good thing I wasn't talking to the guy!!

Up early in the morning to go to the doctor. Bob is going with me. I told him we have to go out for breakfast afterwards. He thought that might be a good idea.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:25 PM   #7  

Maureen: congrats on making a decision for YOU I know I struggled for years as to what to do with my marriage and can honestly say it was the best thing for me AND the kids. You are doing great with the smoking too.
Tammy remember the memories are with you not in the house.
Susan I am glad the nose is starting to feel better. What are you putting in thre seamus garden?
Tina. I haven't been too chatty lately either, Let us know how it goes with Larry. Maybe GERD?
Springtime greetings to you all
Mimi
Old 04-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Y'all, thank you for caring.
We go see the doctor tomorrow at 11:45 a.m.
Mimi, Larry does have acid reflux sometimes. What scares us is that he feels like there's something in his throat.

Susan, I am so sorry about your nose. What are you planting in Seamus garden? You had mentioned something that would attract butterflies. What would that be?

Tammy, I can't believe there are only 38 more days of school for the kids.

I am not a stress eater----until this past week and today! I opened the bag of Russell Stover jelly beans, for Easter, and ate at least half. I never would do such a thing.
Today, I did walk 2 miles. Maybe that countered the "jelly bean attack".
Old 04-04-2006, 08:43 PM   #9  

Mimi, you are right about those memories.

Tina, I'm sure walk did counter the jelly bean attack!! lol

The doctor sent me back exrays and I am supposed to have therapy on the back. I'll go get that in the works on Thursday after school.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Default Promising News

Hi all,
Larry's x-rays didn't show anything wrong!!!!!
His doctor wants him to go see an ENT dr. on Thursday. He wants to cover all the bases to make sure there's no polyp or anything else. So, we're still not "out of the woods" yet. However, it sure is looking good.

I couldn't wait to tell y'all.

Tammy, I'm betting the therapy will help your back a lot.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone

Tina, glad to hear about Larry-I'm sure the rest of the tests will be fine-prayers at this end for you both

Mimi, thanks for the congrats-it's a big relief to be calling it quits-it's too bad but it's been coming for a long time
Tammy, take care of your back-have you got everything into your new place now? I wish i lived near you I could buy some of your old stuff lol
Well, believe it or not I got a pair of roller blades yesterday-a lady that works were i do part time-had a pr and she gave them to me-so i'm ready!!She gave me the wrist bands, i just have to pick up the helmut, knee and elbow pads-the manager where i work during the day said he could teach me-so ladies, i'm either going to get fit or get killed!!

Anyway I hope everyone has a great day and oh yes, i forgot-i'm now down 12 lbs since i quit smoking

take care of yourselves, you deserve it

maureen
Old 04-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #12  

Tina, wonderful news about Larry!!! I'm glad the doctor is checking everything out. Keep us posted.

Maureen, woo hoo to the roller blades! You go girl!!!

Everything is at the new place now. Just "organizing" things at the other house. After my "meltdown" over the weekend, Bob decided to call an auctioneer to see if we had enough for an auction. He said yes, and another man is going to bring his stuff to make it even more stuff. Bob thought that getting things together and marked for a garage sale, and sitting in the garage for 2 or 3 days wasn't such a good idea for me. I think he's right. The auctioneer is the same one who did my parent's auction at the same house!!

Chiropractor told me I should come more often. I was a bit out of whack. I go back on Monday. He also said that he'd like me to come in every other week till we go to Disney. He thinks that might help keep me out of whack on the trip. I go to the therapy place tomorrow after school to set things up there. I forgot to call and make an appointment at my family doctor. The rheumatogist recommended that I come off of my depression medicine and replace it with a newer one that works on the depression and pain at the same time.

I need to go in and talk to the superintendent about next year. The rheum. doesn't want to say No about next year yet since it is only April. I can understand I guess. She also wants the family doctor to be in on the decision since I see him more often. The chiro. told me tonight that he thinks some of my problems are caused by stress. He is a former school board member, and his wife taught for 30 years. He said he sees the signs!! lol
Old 04-06-2006, 07:29 PM   #13  

Cool here and raining. Bob surprised me today. When I came home, I noticed that the door to the enclosed porch was open. I looked out, and all of the furniture from the old house was here!!!! The porch people finally got everything finished here yesterday, so Bob and a friend of his went to the old house to get the stuff. The dog and I have been sitting out on the glider. we have a little heater out there because it's still a bit nippy. Can't wait till warm weather!!

Not much to say. Heading back out to the porch.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Tammy, that's great about the porch being finished. I bet you and Kramer will spend so much time out there now. Good for Bob, getting all the furniture there!

Great news!!!!! Larry does not have any cancer! He has an infection in his throat, plus the acid reflux and heart burn. We went to the pharmacy and came home with $72.00 worth of medicine! Wow

Susan, how is your nose?
How is everyone else?????

Old 04-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #15  
Susan

Hi,

Tina, it's wonderful to hear about Larry. I know you've been really worried about him. He has been in my praryers!!!

Tammy, I agree that stress does take a toll on your body. I'm sure that your GP will agree.

Maureen, how are you doing? Is it hard not smoking?

I planted verbena, and a bunch of wildflower seeds. I will also plant a butterfly bush when they come out. I can't wait to get by flowers growing. It's going to be beautiful. I planted daylilies too. I looked up things that attract butterflies. Seamus will be so proud of me.

It's been a hectic week. I'm ready for the weekend. My throat hurts but I think it's sinus. I'm hoping it's not strep since several have had it at school.

My nose is feeling better. Still hurts to touch but not like it was before. Ouch!!!

My friend that I met on a grief website is on the way to have her baby. I'm so excited for her. We have been come really close friends and this will be her 6th pregnancy. She lost her little boy about the same age as Seamus. This will be her biological child but a gestational carrier is carrying it. Please say an extra prayer that everything works out.
Closed Thread