Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #16  

Tina, what a relief about Larry!! The medicine sounds expensive, but that's ok!!!

Susan, my lillies are coming up at the old house. Bob told me that we'll plant some here once we find out what IS here. lol The garden sounds wonderful. I know he is proud of you.

Eye news. I went to have the newest chalezion removed today. I've had this one for a while, and it was starting to drive me crazy. Toward the end of the procedure (I was awake), I started feeling a little weird. My BP dropped to 60/40 and pulse rate was in the 40's. I think I made them nervous. Sure made me nervous!! They went out and brought Bob back to be with me. My appointment was at 1, and we didn't leave till after 4. They wouldn't release me till my BP went up a bit. I'm feeling ok now, back hurts because of being in that chair so long, and of course the eye hurts. Susan, I might get the black eye that you wanted!!!!

Keep us posted about your friend.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #17  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, I bet that was a scare for you! I've never heard of a chalezion. (I had to Google that one to see what it was.) I hope you're doing okay today! Please write and let us know that you are all right!
Has anyone made an offer on your old house? I hope it sells quickly.

Maureen, how are you doing? I hope no broken bones.
Mimi, I miss you when you don't post. Let us hear from you.
Sis, how are you doing with Curves? Are you getting more nervous about the wedding? I know it will all be beautiful. Remember, Tammy wants to come sing.
Jody, where are you girl?

Susan, how is your nose? I hope you don't have any more headaches.

It's a beautiful day here. It's actually cool. (We've been having the temp in the 80's for days now.) I feel the need to be outside getting some exercise. Here I am sitting at the computer instead. Oops!
Larry feels better now that he's taking all the medicines. He says he wakes up in the middle of the night but then goes back to sleep after awhile. I think he needs to call the dr. Some of the Rx might be too strong, or something.
I feel so fat in the middle today. Ever have those days?!?
Old 04-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #18  
Susan

Hi,
Tina, I'm right there with you feel fat!!!! I'm a little emotional too. Wonder why?

Tammy, how are you feeling? Do you know you St. Joseph is? Take a small statue of him, bury him upside down, and say a prayer to him. Your house will sell. You can get them at any Catholic stores. I promise it works. I know it sounds silly, but it does. If you can't find on, I'll find you one. I'm Catholic

Amy, where are you lil sis? I hope not at the country with all the junk in the air!

I'm a little emotional like I said. My girl friend just had a baby, everything was healthy with him. Thank you God!!!! She had lost hers little boy at 3 months too and he was born at 30 weeks. We met over the internet. Anyway, she had a gestational carrier carry this baby. I'm thrilled for her but I have this wave of emotions... like leaving the hospital in an wheelchair without my son in my arms, all of the things I miss him doing. Curling those little toes around my fingers..... Anyways, I've very happy for her!!!! Just wasn't expecting the emotions to flair again. They just pop up, plus it's almost that time too.

I'm sitting here playing Louis Armstrong on the computer. I love him and Nat King Cole. Pat's outside mowing I'm staying in because of allergies. I have Pokey the guinea pig on me and the cat pawing at me. I'm in such high demands.

I think we are going to look for furniture today. I think!!!!! Anyone want to do it for me? I like casual but comfy!!!

I want to thank each and everyone of you for all you do!!! I am so blessed to have become such good friends with ya'll.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #19  

I'm doing ok. Eye is still puffy, red, and sore. I'll look cute going to school tomorrow.

Tina, yes to the fat in the middle! I keep doing the exercises and thinking that part will show some improvement. No luck yet.

Susan, I should do the St. Joseph statue!! The town we moved to is mainly Catholic, so I don't think I'd have a problem finding one.

The house is being shown today, in fact, they might be there right now. I can't remember what time. We hired a couple of women to clean the whole thing. They started yesterday morning. They were going to work all day and into the evening, and come back and do some touch up things this morning. We had that planned before we knew that the house was going to be shown today! Talk about good timing!! I knew that I wouldn't be able to really get it clean like I wanted, so the price to pay them is well worth it.

Hopefully the lookers will write out a check and it will be sold. LOL

Bob and Tim went to the Reds game, so they won't be back till this evening. Can't decide if I want to go to school and do some things since I wasn't there on Friday, or just go to WalMart and get some things there and come home and relax again. Tough decisions.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #20  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,

Hmmm....going to work at school or relaxing at home.......forget the school work.

Tammy, I hope the house sells very soon. Y'all are smart to get someone else to clean it. Larry and I tried to clean his dad's home before we left Abilene for the last time. We decided it would either sell the way it was or not. It finally sold. It sounds like you have a very large house and that should sell.

Susan, how's the nose today?
Mimi, how are you doing?
Maureen, you'll have to come give me lessons in roller blading.
Sis, how are the wedding plans?
Amy, How are things?
Old 04-09-2006, 08:48 PM   #21  

Tina, I ended up going to school for a while, then went to Wal Mart. I was home before 6, and Bob and Tim were home when I got here!! They left 2 innings early. Reds were losing, playing awful. I was scolded for not leaving a note about where I was. I told them that I thought I'd be home before they were, so I didn't bother writing one.

I'm not sure how many square feet are in the house, but there are 3 bedrooms, living room, family room, kitchen, dining room, office, 3 large closets in the one hallway, only 1 bath, enclosed porch, full basement, 2 car attached garage, 2 car unattached garage with a loft, 1.5 acres. There has to be someone who needs that house!!!!

When I was at school, I did manage to get lesson plans done for the week. We go M, T, W this week. Then we are off until the following W, TH, R. I'm looking forward to it. I know we'll be working in the garages putting things in small boxes for the auction. Did I tell you we're doing that instead of a garage sale?
Old 04-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #22  

Weekend is over all is well......except......I had fish and chips for dinner.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #23  

Mimi, that sounds so good!!!

Went to the chiro after school. I need to go more often.

I really was not in the mood to be in school today. It's beautiful outside! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70's. Recess duty should be nice.

Our house wasn't shown yesterday. The real estate agent (another company) didn't want to drive 7 miles to go pick up the key that is in our agent's office. I thought that was part of his job. I wasn't happy about it, but I'm sure someone else will look sometime.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #24  
Thursday Lady

Yummy to the fish & chips!

Boo, to that agent. The nerve of some people! Sounds like they didn't really care if they got a commission or not.

It was in the 80's here today. Beautiful cool evenings and warm days.
I was so good OP today. We went out for Chinese tonight and I had pan fried chicken dumplings. Delicious.

Tammy and Susan, how many days are you off for Easter???

Old 04-12-2006, 06:28 AM   #25  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. Sorry I haven't been around in a couple of weeks. Things are busy here. I haven't been doing too great eating wise this week cuz we are eating out all week as we work on remodeling our kitchen. I'm happy about the kitchen but kind of bumming as I am not eating well at all. But as soon as our kitchen in done I am going to try to get into the curves diet and try to combine it a bit with points and see how it goes. I am suppose to WI and measure this week but I think I gained and am kind of scared to WI.

Anyways the wedding planning is going ok I guess. There is still A LOT to do yet. Thankfully we all work together and things go smoothly.

Tina, I am so glad Larry is ok!! I'm sure you are SO releived!

Tammy, glad you are ok after the BP scare!

Maureen, congrats on still not smoking and losing 12 lbs! I gained 50 when I quit smoking about 13 yrs ago. LOL

Susan, hope your nose is doing ok.

Hope everyone has a great week, and a WONDERFUL EASTER! ....Sis
Old 04-12-2006, 08:38 AM   #26  
I won't give up!

S/C/G: 242/195/170

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've posted but many things have been going on. My sister gave birth on Monday to a beautiful baby girl. 8lbs 15oz, 20". They still have not named her yet and we're all in anticipation to find out what it's going to be. This is her 3rd daughter. My 4yr old niece is so excited to have a baby sister. When we told her she couldn't take the baby home Monday night, she was so upset. It was adorable.

I finally quit smoking after 12 years of having this bad habit. It's been 3 weeks since I had a cigarette. I've been focusing on going to the gym and working out so I've been very lucky that I have not gained since then and I've continued to maintain my weight loss.

My husband is very excited that Opening Day is this weekend. We have several friends coming to our house on Saturday morning (3 am) to go fishing. I'll have to be in bed by 7pm Friday night just to be able to get up. Ugh!

Maureen, good for you on not smoking. How long has it been since you quit?

Sis, you are very lucky to have people helping you with your wedding plans. Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky. Even though you've been eating out, think of how you will feel once your kitchen is complete. I'm sure it will be beautiful and you'll be making great healthy meals in no time.

Tammy, I hope you have good luck with selling the house.

Tina, Susan, auntie, how are you all doing?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:51 PM   #27  

I am now officially on spring break! We don't go back until next Wednesday.
Recess duty was great yesterday and today! Absolutely beautiful outside. AND the kids behaved!!

Sis, good luck at weigh in. You might be surprised! Redoing the kitchen brings back memories. We redid a kitchen and bath at a house we lived in when Tim was little. We only had one bath, so we moved into a hotel for a week. Tim loved it because we ordered room service one night. lol
Just remember that I've been practicing many songs for the wedding. Let's see, "Row your Boat" (we sang that at aerobics tonight, weird group of women), Happy Birthday (lots of them lately at school), and many more.

Congratulations on the new niece!!! It's an exciting time for the new older siblings. Let us know the name when you find out. Good for you on quitting smoking!!! 3am is too early to do anything!!!!!!

Water aerobics was fun tonight. Last class for this session. We all went out for pizza afterwards!! So much fun just sitting and talking.

My goal for spring break is to get some boxes emptied here. Bob said he and Tim will get things into smaller boxes at the old house for the auction. I can stay here, unpack some things, and be here so I can sit down or take a nap if needed. This week has been tough. Really worn out.

We found out at noon today that a former teacher passed away last night. She has had kidney problems. When I first started teaching, we taught 5th grade together. Such a sweet lady. After finding that out, the rest of the day was pretty much a bust for some of us who had known her for years. I had some kids who needed to finish up some things, so I put them to work. The rest of the kids and I watched a baseball bloopers video. The humor did me some good. It's the day before spring break, so I really didn't care that we didn't do what I had written in the plans.

NEWS! The principal told one of the teachers that he might stay and go into a teaching position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! If I leave, I wonder if he'll get my classroom? Could be interesting. Bob and I are meeting with the superintendent next Monday or Tuesday to discuss next year. The doctor is leary of allowing me to take the days off because she is afraid that I'll just curl up and die. She wants me to stay active.

I think I'll be fine. With Bob being retired now, we'll be doing things together. I can go to the Y during the day and take some classes. I can volunteer at Hospice or the hospital. There are so many things that I can't do now because I'm too worn out at the end of the school day.

Well, I know Kramer will get me up at the normal time in the morning (between 5 & 6) so I think I'll head to bed soon. He never goes to get Bob or Tim. Only me. It's so nice to be loved. I think I've typed a lot here so I really need to stop.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:39 PM   #28  
Susan

Hi All,

Sorry I've been quiet this week. It's been a hard one on me.... My nose is doing better. Still hurts but is better. Took the guinea pig to the Science Center today because I thought something was wrong with it. Come to find out SHE has a respiratory infection. Poor thing! So I get to give her antibiotics. They took her to the vet (and I didn't have to pay).

We went on a field trip today, the girls only to a Girls Summit. It was great, it was for all the deaf girls in the metroplex. The keynote speaker was Christie Smith (the deaf girl from Suvivor). I ran into one of my old buddies and she told me that one of my very favorite students died in his sleep. He was 25 and when he was little he wanted to marry me. He has 10 siblings and 5 of them are deaf. I taught most of them. Anyways, there was nothing for him because they took him to Mexico.

Tammy, retirement sounds fun!!!!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:34 AM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Happy Good Friday to everyone! Not everyone is off today. Our son always has to work. (Crummy company)

Tammy, have a wonderful Spring Break. Take it easy. You and Kramer should relax on the porch and you can read one of your books.
Susan, I'm so sorry this has been a hard time for you. You know we are here for you. You can talk to us any time. Your poor nose! I'm glad it's a little better.
Mimi, have a great Easter weekend with your boys.
Maureen, how are you doing, friend?
fat1outof3, you talked about Opening Day. Is that fishing or hunting, I'm confused.
Sis, I want to know all about your new kitchen. What kind of counters are you getting? New appliances? Is the wedding in June?
Amy, is everyone well at your house now?

We are taking it easy today. We went out and bought bagels and brought them home - for a late breakfast.
I'm still not quite sure what to wear on Easter. It depends on how fat my stomach is that morning.
Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #30  
Susan

Happy Friday! I'm off and Pat has to work. He is off on Monday. So I'm steam cleaning the carpets before our new furniture comes this afternoon. The 2 recliners are coming and the couch will come in about 6 weeks. Figured it was better to do it all now!

I have a bunch of errands to run today too. Why does a day off seem like an errand day or that you must try to cram everything into it? The exterminator is coming at 2 and then the furniture is to be delievered between 4 - 7.

Part of whats going on is that a good friend of mine that I met through a grief website just had a little boy. I am thrilled for her (6th child) only living one. She had a gestational carrier for him. He was born last weekend. I have wanted to know everything along the way and am so happy for her. But I didnt' realize that it would stir some emotions for me. Like leaving the hospital empty handed and then having to go to the NICU everyday.

Pat and I had a major fight! He finally admitted that he was mad that his little boy died. It's the first time he has said anything like that. He has just been so m
sad at everything lately.

Oh man I'm just pouring it all out, I'm constantly worried about my mom and dad. Daddy is doing great. He has gotten him a personal trainer and has lost 27 pounds.

My youngest aunt had a orange size cancerous tumor removed from the back of her leg and they had to go back in for more. We just pray that they got it all this time. She is out in CA.

I miss my baby!!!! I wish we were coloring Easter eggs together and laughing!

So that's what been on my plate or at least on my mind. I've stopped at Sonic way too much for strawberry creme pie shakes because I seem to think they will make everything better.

I'm glad I've got you all. Sorry to unload but it does help to tell someone about it. Poor Amy, I don't know what I would do if we were such close sisters and best friends. She has really helped keep me together lately.

Have a great Friday and I hope the Easter bunny brings you lots of goodies!!
Closed Thread