Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Terri: Yup, those rolls and I go way back

Just wanted to stop by and see what is going on with everyone... nothing new here... it is supposed to rain for the next 5 days so I am doubtful about getting my gardens planted this weekend... and that is a bummer. I look forward to that every mothers day weekend, I get up early and get the vegatable beds planted and the front flower gardens done up with a few new perennials... all before the rest of the house wakes up, it is my treat to myself every year but I think mother nature has other plans this year But there is always next weekend if it rains too hard.

How is everyone doing?

I will check back in later on.

Princess
Old 05-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #17  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Princess,
Like you, I usually spend Mother's Day planting; doesn't look as tho it will happen this weekend, tho! I'm itching to get my herb garden in, as well as the annuals. Joe's in charge of the veggie garden, and has already started that.

Terri,
That is so sweet about Brandon buying each of you a gift from his trip. They say boys that are good to their Moms make good husbands.....good job, girl!

Yesterday was an awful day at work, and I was surprised at how ready to fly off the handle I was. The stress at work is negative, and the wedding stress is good stress....I'm focusing on the good. Otherwise I'll go
with all the bad.

will be back later,
~Jen
Old 05-10-2006, 08:47 PM   #18  

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for the congrats on my new job. I hope it will be as good as it seemed during the interview. By the way it is in Salem MA.

Here in New England we usually have to wait until Memorial Day weekend to plant our tomatoes and the heat loving veggies. Quite often there is a late frost. I did put in radishes, snow peas, carrots, Chinese cabbage, spinach, lettuce, Swiss chard, broccoli and beets already. We are getting days and days of rain here too. The weather man said the next time we will see sun is next Tuesday. I just hope my tiny seeds don't wash away.

Es, You will be in my thoughts tomorrow for a very successful treatment, I hope your back pain will vanish!

Terri, I am so pleased to hear how sweet your kids are to you, you have been a great mom.

Jen, so glad to hear the bachelor party was a big success, and everyone had time to recover the next day. Who gets to cook all the salmon??
Will you be putting in lots of new annuals to decorate for the wedding?

Princess, on quitting smoking, you and your husband are taking on some major health habit challenges and doing fabulously!!

We had a few other things preoccupying us the past few days. I have had a whopper of a cold with a fever of 101 for a few nights. I rarely get sick, and I think I am on the mend now. Mike has been busy getting ready for the dread over 50 exam. He had it today, the colonoscopy. Happily, all is well.

On that note, I am going off to veg for the rest of the evening,

Luv ya's,
Sandy
Old 05-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #19  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi

Sandy, hope you feel better soon & Mike gets good test results. I'm sure with 101 fever you were feeling pretty crappy.

Jen, Friday is almost here. I know how bad work stress can be. Makes you want to slap somebody.

Princess, way to go, no more smoking. Pete(hubby) is a smoker. He's tried many times to quit but I guess it's tough. I've never been a smoker but I can imagine.

The procedure went well. Felt 2 of the shots. The nurse said it's going to feel worse before it gets better for the next few days.

I'm hurting so I'm signing off. Just wanted to check in.

Hi Terri & Dianne.

Hugs,
Es
Old 05-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #20  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
Hope the shots worked and you'll be on the road to feeling better. Let us know.

Sandy,
Sorry you weren't feeling well..hope you're doing better now. When do you begin the new job?

later,
~Jen
Old 05-12-2006, 09:27 AM   #21  

Default Happy Friday!

E's: Yup, it is one of the hardest things I have ever done really... but I am coming to the end of week two so the hardest part is behind me... it is will power from here on out.

Well, the scale is not budging one little bit, as a matter of fact it looks like it is going up again. Not sure what is going on since I am staying within my points, walking when the weather allows, I am over my TOM, and it is week two of the not smoking thing.... I had thought that I would see a fairly big drop this week and not another gain... very frustrating but it does not change a thing really. I will keep on doing what I am supposed to do and eventually it will show... right?
W/I tomorrow should be interesting... I just hope that it is not dissapointing.

How is everyone doing? I hope that everyone is on the mend and ready for a relaxing mothers day weekend. It is supposed to rain here until sometime next week so basically inside activities will be about it for us. Not sure about cooking out on the grill on Sunday... might have to use an umbrella

I will check back in later on but have a great day!
Princess
Old 05-13-2006, 08:27 AM   #22  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
How are you feeling? I hope you're taking care of yourself and relaxing.

Princess,
Just keep on doing what you're doing...your scale will eventually move in the right direction. You've taken on alot all at once, with the weight loss efforts and quitting smoking. Good things sometimes come slowly, but they're definitely worth the wait!

The wedding is two weeks from tomorrow! I can't believe it's finally here.
Today is the bachelorette party. Jess and my niece Bubba have made all of the arrangements. We're meeting for dinner at Maggiano's, there will be 12 of us, then the girls will go on to a club afterwards. They've got some games planned for Ili...all harmless, of course!!
I'm picking up my dress this morning. Still have to purchase jewelry, have decided on crystal, as I'm not the rhinestone-type and the crystal will go beautifully with the color and clean lines of the dress.
A friend from work will be here to help for the rehearsal dinner. She's waitressed for years,is an excellent cook, and offered to help that night by serving, cleaning up, planning the meal, centerpieces, etc. So, how could I refuse? She will be a huge help and I've got to come up with a great thank you gift, as I know she will refuse money.
I found a beautiful 9 West tote bag for Iliana, filled it with honeymoon stuff..a beach towel, romantic candles, manicure kit, purse-size photo album....to give her tonight. I know she'll love the bag...I found it at Kohl's, originally $80, reduced to $17!!! Should have purchased one for myself, it's so cute! I love bargains.
They've booked a week at an all inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic..Punta Cana, where Joe and I went two years ago. Not the same resort, tho. It's beautiful there, I know they'll have a great time.

Geezzz...I'm really rambling. Have to get in the shower. My head is full with all that's going on.

Have a great day. What is everyone doing for Mother's Day?
hugs,
~Jen
Old 05-13-2006, 08:33 AM   #23  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

Princess, you have a great attitude about the scale. Unlike you, when I used to go to meetings, and if I thought I had the slightest gain I would miss. My frustration got the best of me. This is why I'm still the same weight I was 1 year ago. I haven't seen my SIL in 5 months & she's 20 lbs thinner, thanks to WW. I'm going to visit her today. Seeing her might motivate me. Hope you have a good WI.

Seems like we'll all getting rain this weekend. I'm cooking on Sunday. I wanted to go to the cemetary but with all the rain we've been getting I'll have to leave it for another time.

My back feels a little better. It's sore but I know it has alot to do with the weather.

Happy Mother's Day

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 07-09-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:37 AM   #24  
NeverGiveUp

Smile Happy Mother's Day!

Jen, we were posting at the same time yesterday. That is very nice of your friend to help out. The tote bag sounds just right. Ili will love it. You must show us some pictures of the wedding. You are going to look beautiful in that dress. 2 weeks away

I went to visit my brother. We live 10 minutes away but with our scedules we hardly ever see eachother. My SIL looks great. This is her first time on WW. Since Jan. she's been losing 2 lbs. a week. <sigh> I think I can..I think I can.

Today I will stay home after I run a few errands this morning. I love you guys. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Es

Last edited by Rios426; 07-09-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:46 PM   #25  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Happy Mother's Day!
to all my wonderful friends.
Hope you're enjoying a relaxing day.
~Jen
Old 05-16-2006, 01:55 PM   #26  

Hi ladies, just checking in...

Working the Wendie plan this week looking for a loss of some sort... we will see.

The company I work for is closing their doors in a couple of weeks, just got news of it on Friday... not a good time for me to be out of a job but what are you going to do... I just hit the want adds every day and apply for anything that I can.

Have to run but will check back soon.
Princess
Old 05-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #27  

Princess,
Sorry about your company. Keep us posted. Think of the health aspect of the way you are eating. The scale will start soon.

Sandy,
Hope you are feeling better. I am glad Mike's test is ok. I know so many people that get that test as soon as they hit 50. Is the pre-test ritual as bad as they say?

Jen,
What fun. Y'all sound so close. that is wonderful. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Es,
I hope and pray you get better. Brittany says HI!!!!!!!

1 more week of school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!
Their final concert is Thursday and it is a long night. There are so many awards. We won't get home til after 11:00. Starts at 7:00. Taking lots of water. I love to hear them play though. They are playig The Witch and the Saint. I cry when they play that.

Have a great week guys!!!!!!!!! It has been cold here in Alabama. It is so weird.

Terri
Old 05-18-2006, 06:44 AM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy,
Since seeing the east coast getting hit with so much rain, I'm wondering how you're faring. The Boston area was particularly hard hit, wasn't it? Did you have trouble with flooding in your area? Hope you're all safe and sound.
You got a great start on your garden. Glad Mike's "C" went okay.

Terri,
Whoo Hoo! I'd be doing the happy dance too..I loved when the kids were home for the summer.

Princess,
I'm very sorry to hear about your job, and hope that you can find something soon. How's the Wendie plan working for you? I've been maintaining since the holidays which I know is a good thing, but it doesn't give the same satisfaction as seeing the number on the scale go down! When the weather breaks I'll start working out in the pool, which helps.

Es,
I'm hoping you've gotten some relief from the shots. The weather here has been so painful it's like having a toothache in my knees. We've had rain for two weeks.

But it can rain all it wants if it means we'll have a sunny wedding weekend! Traditionally Memorial Day weekend is cold and rainy here in Illinois. If we don't have a couple of dry days, the ceremony will not be held in the gazebo outdoors, but, rather, inside; it wouldn't be the end of the world, but the kids are hoping for outdoors.

Work has been horrible. Enough said. I just had a huge vent written here but deleted it.

have a great day,
~Jen
Old 05-18-2006, 09:37 AM   #29  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good morning buddies

How is everyone this beautiful NY Thursday morning? I'm feeling quite chipper this morning cause its my last day. I took off tomorrow for last minute stuff before leaving on the cruise on Saturday. I cannot wait to get out of here!

Jen - I'm having the same negative stuff going on at work - its just so crazy busy and its not in spurts - it appears to be permanent - just the way my boss works. I see no relief in sight. So, I'm really looking forward to getting away and hopefully, not thinking of this place while I'm gone. How was Ili's bachelorette party? Hope everyone had a great time. So sweet of you to get her the bag of goodies for the honeymoon. Where are they going? Hope the weather's great for their big day and they can be outside for the ceremony.

Es - Did you get the shots? How is your back? How are your little guys doing?

Sandy - congrats on the new job - did you start yet? Good luck! Did the flooding effect you guys?

Terri - I know you're in your glory when the kids are home - enjoy!

Princess - You'll see a drop in the scale when you least expect it. Sometimes it takes a while to show up even when you feel you're doing everything right.
Sorry to hear about the job - good luck in the job hunting!

Alana's wedding plans are in full swing now. In the midst of everything, she and Sal are thinking of going on a mission trip this summer to Peru or somewhere. I am trying to discourage her saying she has too much planning to do. I really don't want her to go to Peru - I read a few stories of Americans being kidnapped, etc. Scares the life out of me. I mean its not like they're going to be going to a resort, its gonna be an orphanage out in the hills somewhere. I probably sound selfish since of course it is a good thing they want to do, but I'm sorry, I'd rather she stay here - (let Sal go, lol). There was a mission trip in Texas - I told her go there instead. Anyway, I'm gonna do my best to talk her out of it.

If I don't get back here, everyone have a great weekend and I'll "talk" to you when I get back

Jen - Enjoy the wedding - can't wait to hear the details! Congratulations to Joey and Ili!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 05-18-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #30  

Dianne,
I know how you feel. I would be uneasy about it too. Keep us posted.
Have a great time on your cruise.

Jen,
I pray for sunny weather. Nice comfortable, dry weather.

Tonight is the boy's final concert. While in Orlando 14 kids got sick with a stomach virus. Luckily,for me, Bruce or Brandon didn't catch it.
All the chaperones are going on stage tonight to get plaques as a thank you and they are going to wear surgical masks. It was Bruce's idea but he is in Fl. and can't make it home in time for the concert. He told me to go on stage for him and I said NO!!!!.

Have a great Friday tomorrow.
Luv ya,
Terri
Closed Thread