Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 12:34 AM   #1  

Default New with questions

Hello, I'm new to 3FC and just finished my first week with WW, in my first week I lost 2.4 lbs. I am happy, but a little dissapointed because I have heard so many people say they lost the MOST weight within the FIRST weeks before it slows down later on. So is this my rate of weight loss? I guess I was expecting more, because I hardly used any flex points. And sometimes I had to eat more to just get in my 20 daily points.

[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar06/sliderbug/lb/144.4/120/142/.png[/image][/link]
Old 01-27-2006, 11:39 PM   #2  

Hi. Congrats on your 2 lb weight loss. I started WW this past Monday, so, I will be very excited to lose 2 lbs on my next weigh in. Don't be too hard on yourself because it is difficult to change old habits. I am still struggling with my past habits. Hang in there.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:54 PM   #3  

Hi! I'm sorry I missed your message before! I think I lost about the same amount as you did your first week, and well, my "first week" was over a holiday, so it was really two calendar weeks. Judging by your ticker, you're quite close to goal, so it may take you longer. Don't get discouraged. It will happen!!
Old 02-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #4  

Default Sometimes a big loss is water weight

There's a lot of water people can lose at the start--I think when people lose 4-6 pounds in the 1st week it can be sort of artificial.

Stick with it and keep on writing things down. I had to make some changes because it was very easy to get to 20 points if I went light on vegetables and ate (for example) a cheese sandwich on 2 slices of bread.

I lost 15 lbs. in about 4 months on WW, went thru Maintenance (a hard phase for me) and earned Lifetime in Nov. 2004. Keeping it off is its own kind of challenge!

You are off to a great start. Be proud of yourself for making this commitment to your health.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:44 PM   #5  

Thanks Elana, your sucess story is definatly a motivation!
Closed Thread