Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:18 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking Week of 1/16-1/22

Hey Ladies
I'm working from home today b/c it is craptastic here in NJ
Lori and Belle hey Mommies!!
I decided I'm going to journal my food South beach was so time consuming when I didn't have time I started consuming Bagels etc
So right now just journaling and exercising later i'll incorp calories or points its all baby steps
Even tho we are all crazy busy I'm glad we're checkign in
I'm going to do my food Journal here to keep me accountable
bbiab
Kier
Old 01-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #2  
Running Babe

Hi Kierie and Everyone,

Got into a car accident this morning, I am fine so was the other driver, and the damage was minor but I was really shaken... I could barely work today once I got there.

Asides from that things are doing okay. I am tired now, but do plan to do some exercise.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #3  
Running Babe

Belle: Glad you posted! Anyway I am happy that Eve is settling down for naptime! Take Care!

Ali
Old 01-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ali OMG!
is the baby OK
I'm glad you are fine! Man it's an odd week
Barely ahve seen DH At all between his engagements and mine
I want to find a martial art to do I'm goign to buy a book on Qi Gong from Amazon but I'm doing alot of reading of people with CP who do various Martial arts to improve themselves
Old 01-21-2006, 11:31 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Ali - why does everyone I know (including myself) have accidents when pg?? A guy that was driving me (from work) rearended someone when I was super pg. ANyway, I am glad you're OK and understandably were shaken.

Will be back to post tomorrow...
Old 01-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Kierie: Well no spotting, and the baby's HR was 155 on Friday which is normal, so looks like all is well. Good luck with Martial arts I am starting prenatal yoga soon.

Belle: Eek, scary isn't it. I am hoping there will be no more. I have decided if the school buses are out, I won't be going to work. It isn't worth the risk. Quick question, how long before you gave birth did you finish working?

Anyways, I am now preregistered at the hospital and have a scheduled my prenatal class (pretty much just before they recommend I am done by).

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Hey Ali! I planned to work to the day I gave birth, and I pretty much did. I wanted to optimize my time at home with the baby, and taking vacation days before Mat leave screws up EI somehow. So, I worked til June 17, 8pm. And I was in labour at the time, but thought I just had a lot of Braxton hicks. That night my feet swelled bad and I went to the hospital thinking something was wrong with me. Ends up I was 3cm dilated. So they sent me home. I was in labour all the next day, went at the end of the day and was still 3cm. They said I could go on like that for a while (at 4cm they consider that real Labour not pre-labour). That night was HORRIBLE. I couldn't sleep for the contractions. We went to the hospital Sunday morning, and I was 5cm. I was also exhaused. So they broke my water to speed it up so I didn't have to suffer much longer, as I hadn't slept for more than 24 hours. They broke my water at 2pm, and I had Eve at 7:55pm, drug and epidural free...on Father's Day!

In retrospect, I really should have taken a couple weeks off ahead, but since Eve was almost 4 weeks early, it wouldn't have made any difference for me. Next time I will book off at least 2 weeks early. I just didn't want to be sitting around, if Eve was late, wasting my mat leave time waiting for baby to arrive. Most first babies are late, and if I took off 2 weeks, then waited 2 weeks...that's a month of sitting around WAITING...which would have killed me. So I figured better to keep busy, and since I sit on my butt at work, it's not a bad thing.

That's so exciting that you're starting your classes. E-mail me a pg pic!!
Closed Thread