Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #1  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Default Thread for 9.11.05-9.17.05

Hello ladies!

Okay, so technically I'm starting this on the 12th, but that's okay with y'all, right? Good.

I'm hoping that this week ends up being better for all of us than last week was. Seems last week was kind of a scratch anyway.

...er...the most interesting thing is happening. My cat's playing with my bedroom door (for whatever reason) and she's about an inch away from closing herself in the bedroom. Lol. This little girl cracks me up!

I really don't have much else to report on here. I've got a busy week ahead of me, but nothing close to last week (I hope!).

Have a wonderful Monday, ladies!!
~Amanda
Old 09-12-2005, 10:44 AM   #2  

I'm back! The scary thing is that I somehow gained 4 pounds since last Wednesday! Geez, I didn't even know that it was possible to gain almost a pound a day! I better get back on track right away! I didn't have any food in the house, and so I couldn't eat breakfast! I had one 100 calorie pack of cookies and a Mountain Dew so far today. I hope I make it until lunch!! I'm use to filling up with cereal!

The weirdest thing happened to me this weekend!! I walked the 15-mile walk that I explained to all of you. I felt great doing it, but I was super tired afterwards. I started getting a headache, and so I took some medicine right as we were beginning supper. Well, I ate, and I loved our supper that my husband's brother-in-law made. Then, as we were still sitting around the table, I FAINTED!! I have no clue why. DH said that I was out for 20-30 seconds, and that my lips turned blue! I layed down for about 1.5 hours, and I threw up when I got up. I still felt odd yesterday (Sunday) even though this happened on Saturday night. Any ideas what could have caused this? DH thinks it's because I took my medicine right before we started eating rather than with food, and my mom thinks I was dehydrated. I don't really want to go to the doctor, because hopefully it will never happen again!

I'm still trying to catch up on all the posts! Have a good week!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #3  

Oh my goodness....that is really scary...I'm wondering if you were dehydrated as well. I would just really pay attention to how your body is feeling over the next few days and if you are still feeling weird, I would then go see your doc. Is this the first time you have walked 15 miles? (Sorry for not knowing) I hope you are feeling better real soon. Oh and as for the gain..I am sure it is just water weight. I can gain like that too and then it goes away after a couple of days.

Amanda-How long have you been on WW? I kinda look at you as my inspiration b/c we are similar in starting weight and working with a trainer and what not. I am just having kinda a down moment b/c of all of the exercise and just now getting the scale to move. I also came to a hard hitting realisation this weekend...I AM NOT A SIZE 16. I have not wanted to admit that and have been buying all 16's for the past 2 years and I cannot wear it. I just put it in my closet. Occasionally I come across one that I can wear...but I AM NOT A REGULAR SIZE 16. Now I can wear a 16W in Old Navy...BUT not a regular 16....it just finally hit me smack dab in the face. So goal is now to get in all of thost 16's but not to stay long. I've really got to step it up this week.
When you guys are totally on plan...approx how much do you lose a week? I kept telling myself 1 lb is what you need...but I am finding myself WANTING MORE!!! You have all done so well...any words of wisdom would be just great!!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:25 AM   #4  

Hi all! It was a rough night last night. The highlight was a whole cup of milk barfed directly in my hair around midnight. But so far today is going better

Stephanie, it was probably a combination of exhaustion and dehydration. My mom and Dad once did a 100 mile bike ride. My mom passed out later that day. It's just a guess but that's what I would consider it to be. Just take a break the next few days the best you can and see how you feel. Probablyw ouldn't hurt to see a dr. though.

Well I have an entire shelf of books to pick up, then an entire shelf od cd's to pick up (can you tell DS is in the cause and effect stage?), then more laundry than I care to think about to sort. The big bonus is I am done with peaches!!! I have 30 some lovely quarts of glistening juiciness all stocked away for those cold winter months. I love the way home canned fruits and veggies look in their clear glass jars. All those pretty colors. Ok I am off, duty calls. Have a greta day everyone!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:59 PM   #5  

I'm thinking it's dehydration also! LOL! People keep asking my husband and I if I'm pregnant!!! Maybe that explains the 4 pound weight gain too! (Whew--I don't think I'm quite ready to be pregnant--especially after reading Misty's stories!!!)

Libby, the 15-mile walk was a fundraiser for a hospital in La Crosse, WI. I've walked more than that one other time last fall when I walked in the Des Moines marathon. I find it's easier for me to exercise if I have something to train for. So, I was walking very frequently to train. Now I have to find a new goal!

Aren't sizes just crazy though? I mean, I have one pair of jeans that fits that a 16 and another pair that fits that is a size 10. I find it so annoying.

Last edited by iowasteph2; 09-12-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:35 PM   #6  

Hi Stephanie--

About that 15-mile walk; good job! Sounds like it was hard to me. I'm sure you were dehydrated, just as you've said. It's also a possibility that you were a little low on electrolytes, which is a common problem for those who participate in marathons. A good source of electrolytes on the go is Powerade or Gatorade. If anything, I suggest you get some information on hydration from an official source regarding marathons for the next time, just so you can avoid getting too little or too much. No need fainting, right? I wish you luck on accomplishing your new goal! I think it's cool you did the 15 miles. I've never done a serious marathon-- maybe I should look into something like that. Is it fun?
Old 09-12-2005, 04:30 PM   #7  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi, all.... I'm still here, just not HERE as much.

Steph-- be careful! That fainting thing sounds scarey, but, I also tend to think you were probably dehydrated.

I'm working a different schedule this week and dealing with a two year-old who has decided that she does not want to sleep in her room... which means that nobody is getting much sleep! Oh well, tonight DH is home so maybe things will go better. Sometimes having both of us around helps a lot.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:21 PM   #8  

Amy-I can totally relate..My 2 year old wants to lay down with mommy and daddy all the time. We have had to let her cry some here lately. Hang in there! It will get better. We are going through the potty training phase right now...my gosh is it hard!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #9  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Talking

Hello girls! I've been gone so long I feel so out of the loop! Welcome everyone that is new, it is GREAT to have you here!
I am still adjusting to the school bit. Starting school fulltime at 31 has really been a HUGE wake up call! LOL I am loving it, my days are just so full and go sooooo fast! I am not on the computer much at all anymore, I am usually reading or doing stuff for my art class.
I am still on program! What is this now, week 14, 15? I've lost track! I weighed in Sunday morning because *gasp* I forgot to on Saturday! I have somehow turned away from being obsessed with the scale! But, I did lose another two pounds, which makes me one more pound from the 40 mark!!!!!! WOOHOOO! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! My back pack weighs 37.5 pounds, everytime I take it off it is a reminder of what I used to carry around all the time. VERY COOL. Some changes that I have noticed: my pants are getting even more baggy, already down a size and a half! MY BRA'S ARE TOO BIG! There is now empty space in the cups and I am on the 1st set of hooks instead of the last! I am hoping to buy a new bra this weekend!
I am still getting up at 4:30 am everyday to do my paper routes, there are lots of stairs at most of the houses I deliver too, so it's a great workout!
I have also noticed a slight change in the size of my ankles!
Well, I need to go, I just wanted to update everyone and let you know that I am still here even tho not as often as I like! I miss you guys!

Ok, here's my food for the day....haven't posted this in awhile, but it feels good when I do, so here it goes!

B-honey bunches of oats cereal 2p
1% milk 2p

L-2 pieces light bread 1p
ff bologna ZERO
ff mayo ZERO
ff BBQ pringles 2p
blk cherry diet rite ZERO
WW choc. toffee candy sqaure 1p

S-ff cappucinno 3p
mini chk patty sand. 4p

D-4 slices thin pizza 16p

total so far 31 points

thinking about having for snack
ff sf icecream 2p
cone ZERO! YUM!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:54 AM   #10  

I'm just weighing-in here. I lost about 1.5 pounds, though my slider rounded off to 2. I had some trouble this week staying on track with the food, so I'm going to try and remedy that today by making sure I have enough variety. Working out is going well, so I'm not quite as worried about that. I feel kind of bad though, because it could have been more than 2 pounds but I ate a lot over the weekend. Anyway, I'm starting a whole new week now, so I'll get back on track!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:22 AM   #11  
THICK and tired of it

Hello sistas! Like Lisa, I must apologize for my lack of posting the last week- School started- yay! It is going really well- my students are great kids- though terrible writers (but I'll change that!) My thesis director calmed me down about the thesis- piece of cake! The rest of this should go so well! And comps are coming- I have a meeting with the chair of my AM comp committee this morning- eek! So I've been busy, busy, busy...

I am still OP, though! And I've lost a bit more- I think I'm at 26?

libbysmom- I had to admit the same thing about my size a while back- I had been buying (and stuffing myself into) 14s and they were not my size. I started wearing 16s and then- lo and behold!- they became too big. Now I am wearing some 16s and some 14s. You'll get in (and out) of those 16s too- believe me, if I can do it... geez, anyone can... I'm losing about 2 pounds per week some weeks, usually 1- it frustrated me for a good while, but I've gotten used to it and now that I can see a visible difference, I don't mind the slow pace so much. Keep faith!

OK, I'm off to school- I'll try to check in later- hello to everyone- there are some of you here I don't know yet! Welcome! I promise to be a better poster starting today!!

Lori
Old 09-13-2005, 09:50 AM   #12  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning girls! I am happy to report I lost a lb (the one I keep gaining and losing) but TOM is almost at an end. I will not be hitting my goal for friday but anything better than 200 is a goal for me. It sounds like everyone is busy with school! Good luck with the programs and hang in there! Have a great week and I will chk in later!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:17 AM   #13  

Hey Sistas! HAPPY TUESDAY!

Lori-Thank you for the pep talk...I really appreciate it. I want this worse than I have wanted anything in my life. I will not quit...I will work hard...and I will win this battle! I am a very competative person having played a collegiate sport and decided to look at this as a competition. ME vs MY WEIGHT and I am the home team. I will not lose again...I just won't.

GREAT JOB IZZYWAS, MINK, LORI, AND KELLYJO! I JOINED YOU IN LOSING THIS WEEK WITH A -1.8. LOOKS LIKE THE SISTAS ARE ROCKING AND ROLLING!

Had a pretty good day yesterday until dinner. Overate a bit but put down my pts for it. I weigh in again on Sat. and am really pushing myself to get 2 lbs down.
Hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:33 AM   #14  

Marcie--Just a quick question while I'm busy at work--what sport did you play? I played softball in college. Those were certainly the days!!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #15  

Oh wow..I did too! Where did you play?
Closed Thread