Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 01:01 PM   #16  

Hi all!

Lisa and Lori I was just thinking of you gurls! I am so happy to hear that you are still working the program even with thos ecrazy busy schedules you have. Great Job!!

Wow we have so many people losing this week!! That is awesome!!!!! Great work everyone!!!

So I left my laptop on my couch while I ran to answer my phone. kids dropped it smashed teh screen. That ticked me off. I am so angry with myself, I knew better than to leave it there. I figured two seconds while I ran to get the phone wouldn't hurt. Wrong. So now I have nothing to do while on the treadmill. So I did not workout yesterday. Plus, I ate a bowl of icecream, while lamenting the loss on my friend the laptop. Real icecream, peanutbetter fudge icecream. A HUGE bowl of it. Hopefully it can be fixed but it may cost me $300 which I do not have. At my current rate of $3 an hour that's alot fo babysitting!

So I was angry with myself for not working out. So I did both today's and yesterday's workout this afternoon. Each of my current workouts is only about 30 minutes so it was only an hour total, but I feel much better.

Totally off topic, but how exactly does the whole potty training thing work? As long as I put my daughter on the potty she will stay dry for the most part. But she has no clue when she has to pee, until she does then she stands in the puddle and says "Mommy I peed" Uh yeah no kidding! I figure she's not ready b/c me putting her on teh potty every half an hour is me being "put the kid on the potty" trained not really her being potty trained. With a 1 year old, 2 two year olds and a 4 year old sometimes I forget when our half an hour is up until I am scrubbing up yet another puddle.

Ok I have to go sit with the kids so they fall alseep. My kids go right to sleep, I lay them down they go to sleep. The kids I watch on the other hand have some rough days. This being one of them. I am hoping they fall alseep so I can shower. Otherwise I am going to my meeting tonight smelling of not one but two workouts. LOL.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #17  

Lori & Lisa--I'm so glad that you checked in and are both doing well. I was close to your neck of the woods last week. DH and I drove through I90 to get to Wisconsin. We went up I35 to Albert Lea, and then eastward.

Good job, Mink!

Libby, I was a pitcher at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:49 PM   #18  
THICK and tired of it

Ok, I really don't have time to post right now, but I wanted to tell you this:

For lunch, I was going to have this lean cuisine salisbury steak and mac&cheese for 6 points. I don't really like the LCs, to tell you the truth, I think they're kind of small. But anyway, so I open the freezer and I see this banquet tv dinner in there from my dad (bless his heart, brought over some groceries a while back for us)- Chicken w/stuffing and gravy- YUM! And bigger... so I checked the points on it and it was- drumroll please- 6 points!

So, yum! I'm thrilled. Plus, I have a feeling these banquet dinners are cheaper than the LCs, so I'll be buying this again!
Old 09-13-2005, 03:28 PM   #19  

Misty-As for the potty training...Libby (my daughter) will go all day at school until late afternoon without having an accident...now at home I will ask her over and over again and she says no and then boom...there it is down her leg and I hear the same thing "Mommy I tee teed in my panties." Then she cries and I have to let her know that it is ok and that she is trying hard. She must be learning though about holding it b/c we went to Walmart the other day with Big Girl panties on and were gone for like 3 1/2 hrs running other errands and she did not go...then she got excited outside and went. She has these Dora the Explorer panties and gets so upset to get the wet...does your daughter have a certain character she likes? Maybe try that and see how she reacts to getting them wet. We have a ways to go...but she is getting there.
SORRY TO GET OT!! I'm also so sorry about your laptop...I know you had to be just crushed. Hope it isn't 300.00 to fix. Great job on making up your execise!!

Steph-I played at UT Chattanooga-I was a catcher

Lori-Good to know about the Banquet Dinners..they look a heck of a lot better!!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to check in - I have tomorrow off, so I'll be able to go back and read everything I've missed and post more

Anyway, I'm doing ok, I worked out today!! so I am feeling pretty good! I had a hard time even getting to 26 pts yesterday, so that was good too.

Hopefully I'll have a loss this week

~Liz
Old 09-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #21  

The Biggest Loser is on right now. I'm recording it. Did anyone watch it?! I'm also recording Tommy Lee Goes To College. Wow! I'm such a loser!

Marcie, that's very cool that we were both softballers!! I miss it! Some of my best friends were teammates of mine.

Misty, I missed your post before. That sucks so much about your laptop. I'd cry for sure! Do you have another computer that you're using?

I just returned from the grocery store, and I bought a ton of "good for me" food. I'm going to try to plan out my days ahead of time to help me stay on points. Wish me luck!

Have a good night everyone!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:57 PM   #22  

Oh, I forgot to mention something--one of my co-workers and her husband also go to WW. Well, as of last night, her husband has officially lost 100 pounds! Can you believe it! I think it's absolutely amazing! She has lost almost 70 pounds. It just shows that it is truly possible!
Old 09-14-2005, 06:40 AM   #23  

Good morning ladies. I am down a pounds this week. I went on a total binge last night. I can't even remember all teh random crap I ate, gummy somethings, icecream, cereal, texas cheeseburger just weird unrelated eating for the sake of eating.

But I am back on track today and committed to working the program. I hit the 15 pounds mark last night and got my little gold star. I stuck it on an index card and hung it on my fridge along with my other WW awards and some inspirational stickers the leader gave out. I sat down this morning and though about how much I have done, what I need to do and where I want to be. My new motto is Live it to Be it. I am a thin healthy person, I'm just stuck under all this weight. So I will eat, live and exercise like a thin, healthy person. The program works I just have to work it.

Stephanie- I watched most of the biggest loser, then flipped back and forth b/c House is one of my favorites and I couldn't miss that. I had just recently gotten my laptop, I still have my good old desk top. But to use it I have to be in my office which with 4 kids is not always a thing I can do. Congrats to your co-worker and her husband! That is fabulous! Sometimes it seems so daunting to reach that goal so far far away, but when you hear about people who are actually doing it helps so much! I like Biggest Loser and all and willw atch it faithfully I am sure, but seriously you can't lose 28 pounds in a week in the real world. So It's great to hear about people who are plugging away and dropping the weight one pound at a time!

Lizzy-glad to hear you are doing well! Great job on the workout!!! How is your knee?

Marcie thanks for the advice! Audrianna is big into princesses (figures since I am so not a girly girl), so she has princess panties, and puppy panties b/c she's big into animals too. I guess we just keep plugging away. I got a kitchen timer so I remember to put her on the potty LOL.

Lori-sometimes we can get the Bnaquet meals on sale for 99 cents each!! Only some of them are low in points though and the sodium is high (but so are all frozen dinners). I haven't had them in a while, I had actually kind of forgot about them LOL. Thanks for mentioning them, I'll have to get some again!

Well I am off to exercise. Is anybody able to get in 28 activity points for the week? I am currently around 10. I really wouls be hard pressed to find another 30 minutes a day to exercise, but I am gonna try.

have a great day all!!
Old 09-14-2005, 10:46 AM   #24  

Ok yeah so I am making spaghetti sauce to can. I have in my HUGE stainless steel pot 6 cups of chopped onion, 12 cloves of minced garlic and 1/2 cup of olive oil. I am supposed to saute the onions and garlic. So they are cooking away, I go in to stir them and they smell weird. I check them they are green. Serisouly! A light shade of mint really. HOW THE HECK DOES THIS STUFF HAPPEN TO ME? It's sauteing onions and garlic for goodness sake. It's not that hard. It's EASIER than boxed mac and cheese. They were fresh onions and garlic I just bought them.

Good grief. Now I have 45 pounds of tomatoes sitting here all cut up and I am out of olive oil. Just thought it was rather funny and had to share it. It just tops my day.

The kids are being so naughty. We have a rule, when they fight over a toy they lose it. I guess the vast majority of toys will be up on my pool table by the end of the day. I am trying so very hard not to continue my binge from yesterday. I did have some of my V8 like drink I canned, it was super yummy

Well have a great day all.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:17 PM   #25  

That is so cool about your co worker losing 100 pounds. It gives me hope! WW does work! You are so right we just have to keep on plugging along. When we get frustrated just think what is our alternative......

I love what you said Live it to Be it! I will use this also! One day I will BE it!

We are one day closer to success!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:37 PM   #26  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Hello hello! Just checking in! Sorry I haven't been as communicative as I have been in the past. Here's how school's going: AAAAAAAAAAA. Lol. No, I'm fine. Just trying to recover.

I had my carpet cleaned today (I had a free cleaning as a reward for renewing my lease early), and my poor cat has been stuck in the bathroom all day. Well, I came home from school about twenty minutes ago and the carpet's still damp. So...I'm sitting here watching Comedy Central while trying so hard not to give in to the wailing behind the bathroom door. I sneaked into the bathroom as soon as I got home so that I could snuggle with her. I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not. Would it have been worse to let her just hear me in the apartment and wonder why I'm ignoring her? I dunno. Maybe it would have been harder on me, lol.

Gah. I'm becoming a cat lady!!

I don't really have anything else that's interesting or important to report on. Wish I did. Blah.

Hope everyone's doing well! Misty, I hope your daughter's potty-training goes better. Then again, it could be going along just fine...I dunno...I don't have kids yet. Sorry I can't be much help!

Have a great evening everyone!
~Amanda

Oh, P.S.! Duh! I wanted to say that I saw The Biggest Loser last night, and I already love the new teams! I'm so excited for this season and I think it's brilliant that they're analyzing body weight/fat percentage because that was my main concern when I heard they were pitting men against women. All I could think was, "But men metabolize fat faster than women!!!" Which we clearly saw in the pound losses last night, but the women ended up losing more percentage (even with a five-pound penalty!! YAY!), so I'm definitely more psyched now! Can't wait for next week!!
Old 09-15-2005, 07:06 AM   #27  

Good morning all!

Amanda you crack me up!!! Need a couple more cats? Mine are shredding my couch! Ok so not a great selling point, no wonder I am not a car dealer. Oh well couldn't part with them anyway they are my little buddies. Now the horses....that is another story. What does one do with two 3 year old stallions who know NOTHING?

So anyway I just did 45 minutes on the treadmill. Fun, Fun.

Well that's about it fo rme. Life here is pretty dull. I am in the midst of canning spaghetti sauce, which I must say I will NEVER do again. So haev a rgeat day everyone!!
Old 09-15-2005, 10:15 AM   #28  

Do you ever feel like you shot yourself in the foot! I was so pumped to wake up early and exercise this morning. Well, when 5:45 came around, my bed was far too comfortable! I decided to skip exercising. Then, I ate a healthy breakfast, but I come to work and I still eat a Skotcheroo. (Do you know what I'm talking about--they're soooo good!) I have no clue how many points they are, but I'm guessing at least 10!!

Now I'm feeling incredibly guilty for not exercising and then having dessert at 8:15! I wish the guilty would prevent me from doing it again, but I know that it won't.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:23 PM   #29  

Oh no I have never hear of a skotcheroo. This perhaps is something I shouldn't know about
Old 09-15-2005, 01:47 PM   #30  

Hey Sistas! Happy Thursday!

Wasn't around yesterday to chat...had a lot going on at work. BUT I started off the day horribly. I ate a high point breakfast and then it all went down hill UNTIL I got back under control at lunch and ended the day right on track not using any of my flex points or my activity points. I am so proud of myself for not just saying "screw it...I'll start over tomorrow." This was a huge huge accomplishment for me! So I am feeling good today and passed up a Wendy's lunch b/c I wanted to be in total control and I can do that when I stick to what I brought for lunch.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Biggest Loser! I am so excited it is back..I just can't believe that they lost so much weight the first week. WOW! I guess if that is all you did all day then maybe that works. I wish we knew a little more about what they were eating. I am sure they will tell us soon enough.

Steph-I don't know what that is that you ate..but it sounds interesting! Don't beat yourself up...you can still save the day and maybe exercise later?? That is cool that we are both softballers...I don't miss it though. I had a miserable experience. Infact when I finished my last practice, I swore my daughter would never pick up a ball as long as she was in my house. Terrible huh? I used to love the game...but some jack **s took that from me. ANOTHER STORY FOR ANOTHER DAY! Hope the planning goes well for you this week! Great job! Oh! and what an inspiration about your co-workers!

Misty-Don't worry about your binge-we all have moments like that...great job on your exercising..keep up the great work! Oh and I usually get in 24 activity pts in a week...but I have no desire to get 28 hee hee

Amanda-Glad school is going well for you and that you have clean carpets. I know how you feel about your cat-you don't want them to think you are ignoring them. I have a cat that I have had since college and she is spoiled rotten.

Well 2 more days till weigh in again. I am so hoping for 2 lbs...that would be so great. I just don't want to get down about it so I won't get my hopes up! Hope you all are having a great day!!
Marcie

Last edited by libbysmom03; 09-15-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Closed Thread