Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 11:04 AM   #31  

Maria the web cam is fun . We use Yahoo chat to have a voice conversation. It is great and true cheeper than the phone.

Went to a flea market yesterday and after walking a bit we had to go . It was way to hot to hang around there.

Gals, Did we have a conversation a long time ago about heal pain? I think it was you all that were talking about the best sort of shoes to be wearing. I just can't make my self wear tennis shoes all the time when it is so warm. If I remember someone talked about a brand of sandal that worked real well. Does any one remember this conversation? Or did I dream it up????

Hello to all and Have a Great Day
Old 08-14-2005, 04:34 PM   #32  
Net browser

Hi Karen

My most favorite, most comforable sandals I have ever had are TEVA'S. I have been wearing the same pair for about 3 or 4 years I think......I just LOVE them.

You can check out my favorites at

www.tevasandals.com

I like the Normadic on Page 2 #6397
and #6388 on page 3
Old 08-14-2005, 06:14 PM   #33  

Just to throw in my 2 cents worth....I think ECCO's are the best!
Not sure if they are available in the USA, they are a European brand.

Cheers
Maria
Old 08-14-2005, 06:47 PM   #34  
Net browser

Maria yes ECHO is a great shoe too. I just bought a pair of Echo flip flops that are really comfortable but not really great for walking a long distance. I did bring home a "sandal" thinking I would get them instead of new Teva's but they rubbed against the outside of my ankle so those went back. I guess you just have to buy them, bring them home, and walk around a little bit in the house and see how the different brands feel.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:02 AM   #35  
Life Time 2001

Woo Hoo Ann! Thats a super Loss!

Im looking for something good my self. Did love Tevas. Will try again.
Never seen Echo's before but will look.

Been wearing my Tennis shoes around the house hate it. To hot!

Last edited by LilyG; 08-15-2005 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:16 AM   #36  

Slavkia I'll will check into Tevas. I did see a pair of slide on sandals that I really liked. Thanks
Maria I,ve not ever heard of Echo's but will sure have a look. Thanks to both of you for the suggestions.
Tennis shoes around the house too HOT I agree! I've been doing foot exercises and they do seem to be helping the heel pain. Have to do it before I get up and try to walk, then the pain is not as bad. Once I walk for a minute or two it is almost OK. Puts a damper on weight loss when you hurt and can't walk.

I Love that little tantrum guy!

Karen
Old 08-15-2005, 01:48 PM   #37  
Member Florida Chick

Karen: I like SAS sandals. They have been very good for me. Not cheap by any means. There is a store in Lakeland on edgewood Drive called Comfort Shoes that caarries the SAS. And because I have a narrow foot, they come in widths from the very wide to the narrow. Good look in your search. Ann
Old 08-15-2005, 04:20 PM   #38  
Web Nana

Good Afternoon All!
It's been a while since I last posted but the humidity has really been awful and I have done little but sit before the fan and read. Yesterday afternoon we had another humdinger of a thunderstorm....lasted 2 hours and boy did it rain. We had 5.10 inches of rain and a good portion of town was underwater. The poor folks at the low end of our street had 3 ft. of water in their basement and lost a brand new washer and dryer and air conditioner.
They are a young couple with 3 small kids and I do feel sorry for them. Almost all the town was without electricity for 4.5 hours. Today, however, is a different story and we had about 65 deg waking up this morning.

This last weekend was tax free weekend in MA. Normally we pay 5% tax on everything but clothing under $500. and food. It was a mad house at most appliance stores and furniture outlets etc.l We bought a new mattress--Queen size this time and it was delivered today. It is foam and is supposed to be very good for a 'stomach' sleeper like me. Will keep my back straight.
Let's hope so. Also got DH a new recliner chair. That won't be delivered for another week.

To jump in on the shoe question....I love Clarks....They are an English shoe.
A while back I had bone spurs in my heel and had to have a cortisone injection in the heel.....it worked. I had previously tried shoe inserts and sneakers and nothing helped. After a while I went looking for something else that would not hurt my foot. Tried Clarks...this particular style had the word 'Springers' on it. They were wonderful and wore them every summer for 8 years.....they fell apart this year. Have another pair now and they are great.
By the way when I got a bone spur in the other heel my Dr. (different one) said he didn't do cortisone and if it isn't placed in the exact right spot it can take out all the cushion in your heel and you are worse off. This time I used and antiinflamitory med. which helped but took longer to go away.

I have seen Teva, Eccos, & SAS but never saw a style I liked. Will have to look again.

My FOOD NOT TO HAVE IN THE HOUSE IS...NUTS OF ANY KIND. I love ice cream but only have non fat frozen yogurt in the house. I use one of those small ice cream cones and that way you can only get so much yogurt in one. It gives me a touch of dessert and I don't feel deprived.

I know I haven't answered you all by name but I will say HI-- Glenda, Peggy, Maria, Ann, Trudy, Slavika, Lily & Karen!
Old 08-15-2005, 04:30 PM   #39  

Well I bought the Teva's . The only style I found at Beall's is the Hurricane II #6471 in the Amy Electric pattern. I thought Hurricane was a very appropriate name for sandals for Florida.

Gotta go got a leaky sink and DH needs me.
Karen
Old 08-15-2005, 09:40 PM   #40  
Life Time 2001

Next Thread
Old 08-15-2005, 09:41 PM   #41  

it MUST be time for a new thread....

See you there

Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread