Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 08:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Bayleysmom and iowasteph2!!

iowasteph2, what kind of cereal are you eating? And does that 4 points include milk too? I'm not really sure what each % of points should be for what meals, hopefully someone will be able to answer that for you!

~Liz
Old 07-17-2005, 08:54 PM   #17  

Bev, that is great about the 50 minutes!!! Keep it up! And, although tired, does it not make you feel soooo in control and ready to conquer your goals?
Old 07-17-2005, 09:17 PM   #18  

Lizzyg, I've been eating a cup of Kellogg's Smartstart Plus Soy Protein plus a half a cup of skim milk. It's great cereal--it's vitamin packed plus has 4 grams of fiber (I think) and a ton of protein (of-course, hence the name)

I bought some Cheerios tonight, but I noticed they're not half as good for me as the Smartstart. Hmm...what to do, what to do....
Old 07-17-2005, 09:33 PM   #19  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default OT - Bermuda pix

http://memberdirectory.aol.com/aolus...n=meggieshines

I don't know if this will work if you're not on AOL, but if anyone wants to see some pix from my Bermuda cruise, you can try it. There are only a few; I have tons. But you can get an idea of what a gorgeous place it is!
Old 07-17-2005, 09:36 PM   #20  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default My challenge

For the past few weeks, I've been allowing myself kind of a cheat day on Saturday after weigh-in, which would be fine if I would confine it to Saturday. But after my first week, I've been letting it drag on into Sunday, Monday and even Tuesday. Even though I don't think I really went way over my weekly points total (if you count in flex points), it was still a lot of fat and empty calories. My challenge this week was to get right back ON starting Sunday. And I think I did ok. I know it won't drag into Monday, so I might see a good loss next week, simply because I'm staying OP for the whole week. Let's hope!
Old 07-17-2005, 10:28 PM   #21  

Good evening ladies Whew hot one huh? We did a whole lot of nothing today. I did not make it to Home Depot. DH didn't feel like going. So instead I decided to make blueberry syrup and can it for winter. Our blueberry bushes are so full the berries are just falling off. I don't know what to do witha ll of them. So I thought I'd try syrup and jam. But I could not find a candy thermometer by the time my husband found one at 6 pm I no longer had any ambition. Maybe tomarrow.

Maggie- I do that cheat thing too. Sort of....I save all my flex points for the weekend so then I don't have to limit myself. But knowing that on Saturday I can pertty much eat whatever I want keeps me in check the rest of the week. Perhaps designating a few extra points for that would help you get back on track? That way on MOnday you can think to yourself. Yesterday was fun, but back on track today and another day of a few extra treats is just around the corner. There is an end in sight, ya know?

Stephanie-I do not think WW designates how many points per meal you should eat, which is good for the flexibility aspect, but kind of hard when a guideline would be helpful. Night time is my difficult time. I like to eat a nice full dinner and have points left for a snack. Generally 10-12 points. So I mentally set those aside and try to keep the rest of my day within my points allowence. This keeps me on track b/c my evening cravings are covered.

Bev-Great job on the walking! The laundry room is almost done!!! I have walls! Now all he needs to do is sand and put away the tools. Tripping on tools is really what sent me on the strike to begin with. Our old house is kind of neat. But we don't own it. My father in law does, it sits right next to his barn so he's not sure he wants to sell it to us. But it's not without its quirks...ie) a porch full of honey bees that have put the honey in the walls. I painted my living room dark blue to cover the honey stains on the wall paper. Or the maple syrup that dripped into my hair through a light fixture!!!! We won't even talk about the not so humerous stuff like potential lead paint and the floor furnaces that left a scar when the little boy I watch fell on it and was burned. Lucky his parents didn't sue me!

Stephanie-I know you will get back on track tomarrow. I hope you guys had fun though

Hippohips-I really hope you find a better plac eto live. That would be horrible frightening to have people getting in your face. I hope people can look past your age and see how mature you are. I don't understand an age limit like that anyway. Good luck on your interview!

Welcome Bayleysmom!! My nephew's name is Baylee! I think it is such an adorable name I also go to meetings on Tuesday. The meetings here are so friendly and supportive. Look forward to a warm welcome. They keep everything very private, which is something I worried about at my very first meeting. The first 12 weeks you'll get information leaflettes and recipes and such. Have fun!!

Lizzy-Your dog is TOO CUTE!!! My dog sounds like yours only he drops tennis balls on you and barks. It's the most annoyingly, sharp bark. But I was watching a water dog competion and all the labs did it, must be a lab thing. As is digging holes, destroying toys and being OBSESSED with anything remotely similar to hunting and retrieving. Thus the reason I buy tennis balls by the CASE!!

How fun for you that your sweetie is working out, it means you inspired him I beleive taht guys do indeed lose weight faster. They are biologically and physilogically set up for it. But you are doing a great job!!! You can't fight biology so might as well work with it right?

Izzy hope you are enjoying your weekend. SO glad to hear you a bit more cheery than yesterday.

Amy I hope your mom has a great Birthday!!

Well I'm off to bed. I am going to walk at 5. Maybe if I say it here I will do it. The only thing that will stop me is rain. It is not safe to walk if it's dark and rainy. I live on back country roads when people come over the hills or around a corner they can't see a walker until they are right on you. In the rain I am afraid they wouldn't be able to slow down.

Have a great night all, see you tomarrow!
~misty

Last edited by MistySeptember; 07-17-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:33 PM   #22  

Wow, Hamilton looks so gorgeous! I am so jealous!
Closed Thread