Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 03:21 PM   #31  

Hello I am excited and would love to join you guys. I voted for the name slimmin sistas so I like that. You will have to explain to me how to put the cool logo on. I am not a techie.

Luflic means beloved in Old English I see we have some teachers here I am a teacher not working now.

I have been on program for five weeks. I think WW is the way to go. I agree with prior post of SB gain the weight back. I have lost and regained the same thirty pounds so many times. I want to do it right and never regain. I have made this my priority now. My head is on right for the time being and would love to see it stay there. I have been married for thirty three years and we have two married daughters no grandbabies yet. Our daughter that lives out of state is coming to visit and I just returned from the store and this is truly a first I bought all healthy food nothing I shouldn't eat. Which normally I do so this is a huge victory for me. Yippee Skippee
Thanks for letting me be a sista one wanting to be slim
Old 07-15-2005, 03:30 PM   #32  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Welcome Luflic!

~Izzy , one of your new Sista's!
Old 07-15-2005, 03:30 PM   #33  

HEllo all!

This is the message I sent to the Moderator:

Hi there! Some of relatively new girls have started a thread under the name Slimmin' Sistas in the WW Groups and Clubs, Other Groups and Clubs Sub forum. We were wondering what we had to do in order to either
1)Get our own sub forum so we can run multiple threads in an organized manner and have a sticky on an intro thread.

or 2)just get at least a sticky on an intro thread within the forum we are currently occupying.

Any information would be fabulous Perhaps you can send us in the right direction. We have a fabulous group and would like to get organized
thanks ~misty
Old 07-15-2005, 03:49 PM   #34  

I thought I posted her already and it isn't here? I want to join you ladies hopefully I will figure out how. Amanda great encouragement! I love that about you ladies. I have been on so many diets I don't like to talk about this with people I know because I don't want to fail yet again!
Old 07-15-2005, 03:52 PM   #35  

Thanks Izzy I am an only child so I love all these sistas
Old 07-15-2005, 03:57 PM   #36  

Hope you guys don't mind me going ahead and messaging the Moderator. I will create a new thread of intros. Diva I had thought of the same thing you did this afternoon, I was just about to post that idea when I read yours. Great minds think alike!

Welcome Luflic!! I think, and I may be wrong but that you can right click my avatar and choose save as. Then just choose that file when you are in the edit avatar window. If you want a different color I'm not sure how I can send you the file. Does any one know?

Izzy You crack me up!!

Amanda-I thought I was the only one with that skewed perspective. I thought I was soooo HUGE. Good grief. Well let me tell ya, not anymore!

Quite- I hear ya. I admit I know little about SB except that you are supposed to avoid processed stuff eat as whole as you can, no limits on fat and such. Well my AUnt lost alot on WW not sure the exact number, hit a plateau and switched to SB to reach her goal. But she found that it was not sustainable. She went back to WW for her maintence. Also my Uncle lost a ton on Attkins eating cheese, eggs, bacon. Guess what he had a heart attack. Yeah he had high chloesterol and high blood pressure, so he was in a high riskf or a heart attack anyway. But do you really think all that cheese bacon and eggs had NOTHING to do with it? To use your points wiseley and to get the most for your points it's better, at least for me, to choose those less processed things just like SB, Dr. Phil, Oprah, The FrenchDiet, and all those otehr whole foods eating plans. But I feel that WW also allows for real life.

Slow and steady wins the race. You are doing a great job! You are going to succeed!

GREAT JOB LIZZY See you did better than you thought!

Sounds like you are having a great day Hippo

Great Job on the swimming Lori. Try running teh suits through the rinse cycle or just rinsing them in the sink first, before washing them with other stuff. That's what we used to do with our stuff from Lake Erie. But that stuff didn't smell too bad, or maybe it did and we didn't notice b/c ALL the water smelled like that LOL.

Well I'm off to make some avatars and and intro thread
~misty
Old 07-15-2005, 03:59 PM   #37  
Alis Volat Propriis

Quote:
Originally Posted by luflic
Our daughter that lives out of state is coming to visit and I just returned from the store and this is truly a first I bought all healthy food nothing I shouldn't eat. Which normally I do so this is a huge victory for me. Yippee Skippee
Yippee Skippee! That deserves a dancing banana! Welcome, luflic!
Old 07-15-2005, 04:28 PM   #38  

Just got home from work and thought I'd check in ... man you guys have been a busy bunch!

Misty -- I laughed so hard when I read about your laundry strike! Way to go girl ... you know living in the barn might not be so bad. Just think how peaceful & quiet it would be.

Amanda -- sure can relate to the cat eating the shoelace. I have a new 5 month old pup ... need I say more? Ended up paying a $5 fine at the library last time because he decided he wanted some higher learning and ate the corner off a cover!

Hippo -- I wish I had your skyway. Sure sounds like a great place to get out and just walk.

Quite -- No you're not being petty and jealous. It is frustrating to lose more slowly than a friend. But it is true that the slower it comes off the easier it is to keep it off. I know I can't do anything that limits fruit and vegs, and I also know that it was meat and cheese that put this layer of lard on my butt. I'm like you and my body just doesn't understand "full/satisfied". And after almost 14 weeks I am starting to feel full after I've eaten. So maybe this old dog is learning a few new tricks!

Lisa -- Loved your post about having more energy and wearing makeup, curling your hair and feeling pretty. I know a lot of this is in my head, but I really believe that I do feel so much different when I eat the way I should. It has to make a difference in your blood at least. I have even started manicuring my fingernails ... and I admire those babies several times every day! Vanity, but hey it's okay.

Luflic -- way to go on the grocery shopping. And just think, anyone who eats at your house will be healthier for it!

Catch you guys later ... have to go water plants. Seems like rain is just a fond memory in this area ...
Bev

Last edited by Bev in WI; 07-15-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:33 PM   #39  

Ok I've created .Jpg's of the avatars. I hope you like them, if not let me know I can change them. I am attaching the files to this post, they have your name on them. so lets see if it works So in theory you should be able to click on it, and right click it and save it. Then just choose that file when you change your avatar. Let me know if it works

~misty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calpurrnia.jpg (6.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Diva.jpg (7.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg lizzy.jpg (6.7 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by MistySeptember; 07-15-2005 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:38 PM   #40  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Print this if you can and hang it where you can read it from time to time. I have gotton in the habbit of reading it everyday.
I found it on somebody's weight loss site awhile back, not sure which one.
I did NOT write this.

Don't Quit

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down
and you feel like the biggest failure in town;
When you want to give up just because you gave in
and forget all about being healthy and thin;
So what! You went over your points a bit;
It's your next move that counts...so don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change;
It's learning the skills to get back in your range;
It's telling yourself "You've done great up till now;
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow".
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal;
You're still going to make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace
If you summon the will to get back in the race;
But, often the struggler's when losing their grip
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip;
And learn too late when the damage is done
That the race wasn't over and they still could have won.

Life-style change can be akward and slow
But facing each challenge will help you to grow;
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint in the cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit;
If you bite it, write it...But don't you quit
!
Old 07-15-2005, 04:54 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for the avatar!! I love it!!

I've been doing ok today. My days off of work always seem to be my problem days, but today hasn't been too bad. I've eaten breakfast and lunch, and thats it. I'm cooking dinner right now, so hopefully I wont over eat there, and then I'll post my menu. I'm going to try and save some points tonight to at least have a snack of some sort later. We're having a tuna helper thing, and I'm making it lower fat by using skim milk, light margarine (5 g of fat per tbl spoon) and using only 1.5 tbl spoon of it instead of the 3 it calls for. The only problem I have is putting a points value on it. When you make like they say to, its around 6 points, so since I'm using lower fat ingredients I'll just put it at 5... does that sound about right??

I didn't exercise today, but I wanted to give my body a day off (since I use weights in my workout), but plan on working out Saturday and Sunday.

I am right now, wearing a pair of pants I could barely button and zip a few weeks ago. They are still a little tight, and I probably wouldn't wear them out of the apartment, but since I'm just staying at home, I put them on It feels sooooo good to have them on! They are a cute pair of jean capris, and my boyfriend said I was looking good and that he was so proud of me. I also put on make up and did my hair a bit, and that always makes me feel pretty The pants are a size 20, but they are from Old Navy Outlet, so lol who knows exactly what size they really are But my size 22 shorts are a little big and don't look that great on me. And even though my capris are tight, they look better on me than the shorts.

Thanks for that poem Izzywas! I really like it, and will probably print it out.

Bev, my puppy chews on my books too. He's destroyed a couple of them, but he's so darn cute I cant get mad at him! He's almost a year old now.

Hope everyone had a great day!!

~Liz
Old 07-15-2005, 05:09 PM   #42  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I am getting a lot done today-- 3 loads of laundry, took DD and I swimming, menu planned and prepped for supper, worked out some more WW points calculations, went to WalMart (and didn't buy anything not on my list!), went to the library... and now I'm playing online while my DD naps. Oh, and I've stayed totally on my program today so far, with plans to try two WW recipes for supper tonight. So I should be in good shape points-wise today.

Last edited by AmyMCGS; 07-15-2005 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:19 PM   #43  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Oh, and thanks, Misty, for the avatar pictures! I copied, as you can see, the purple one-- although if everyone wants their own color or something, let me know and I'll remove it.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:05 PM   #44  

Hi there. You guys are welcome I had fun making them. As you can see I was playing with mine too

Ok well I don't have time to post my meals and not sure if I will get back online tonight. But I have 10 points left for dinner, plus all my flex. I made chicken, mahsed potatoes and stuffing for lunch so I am in NO mood to cook dinner in this heat. We are gonna go grab something. But there is a carnival in one town and a balloon rally in another. I want to avoid the carnival, especially b/c we will be going to the balloon launch tomarrow night so I know we will eat out. I am thinking of letting my husband get the cheese steak he wants and picking up something fun yet sensible at the grocery store for myself. Something I can microwave preferably. I am definatley picking up "fixins' " (that word cracks me up) for the choc. graham cracker dessert and the chips ahoy sundae!! Wish me luck!

~misty Have a great night if I don't make it back tonight
Old 07-15-2005, 06:40 PM   #45  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default Hello, it's me

It's Quite-A-Handful, with my new name! Closer to my real name, anyway.
Closed Thread