Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 08:38 AM   #1  
Net browser

Thumbs down Feisty & Sexy 50 and 60 yr olds #121

Hi Everybody

Good Morning everybody. Look at all our new toys. .

I'll be back later.

Last edited by slavika; 06-04-2001 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-04-2001, 10:45 AM   #2  

Default I keep forgetting

Tried to get here last night but the site was down. Just wanted to tell you that my Mother is having her knee replaced to day. The doctors think she will get along just fine . She is 74. She should have had this done 3 or 4 years ago. Any way the doctor is expecting her to be walking with a cane with in a 2 week window.

Had a great weekend. It was a little cool but at least it was not raining. Had little children helping me replant flowers yesterday. Will let you know if they live . Flowers not children.

Peggy I am a red head .

In my purse I carry my life . Credit card. Some money. Hair pick. Lipstick. Powder for a shinny nose. Eye brow pencil. Bandaids. IB'S . Imitrex. kleenx. Points finder. Organizer. Nametag. equal. a ton of keys. Small knife, you never know when you have to split a donut. Journal . 2 point bars I never leave the house with out at least 2 of them.

Got to go
Have a great day

Karen
Old 06-04-2001, 10:54 AM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Trudy The swiss army knife does come in handy. Those little scissors have saved me some times! Glad the concert was good.

Karen I think we all need bigger purses! I forgot that I have my Journal in there to but its in the form of a Palm Pilot so it has all my WW goodies all in one. Hope your Moms surgery goes well. Sounds like she will be up and about soon tho. Keep us posted.

Well best get to work. Or I will be here playing all day
Old 06-04-2001, 11:31 AM   #4  
Member Florida Chick

Talking Good Morning Y'all

Slavika: Thanks for the new thread. And my goodness what a lot of new toys to mess around with. Checking the time you posted, either you didn't sleep, or you were up very early! Thanks for fising the points on the cake recipe. I was close.

Karen: I'm sure your Mom will do fine. I know that friends have told me it is a very painful surgery, but the results are well worth the pain. I've had to give up on the big purses, shoulders didn't appreciate all the weight. But I miss having eveything I need so handy. Are the 2pt. bars really good? Haven't tried them.

Trudy: Did you make the cake? Hope it turned out okay.

Hi to everyone. We are on the count-down now to our travels. Really beginning to think about what to take. We keep hearing that is is cold and rainy up north, so will have to take all those cold weather clothes.
I hope I'll get to wear shorts now and again. We're looking forward to seeing all our family.

Will 'see' you later. Ann
Old 06-04-2001, 05:44 PM   #5  
Super Surfer

Smile ...well isn't this fun!....

Looks like we are going to have fun with this new format.

Slavika...Thanks for the new thread... you were sure up early today.
Karen.. sure hope your Mom's knee surgery goes all right. My Mom should have had it done years ago, now she is 88 and her knees are bone on bone. Believe me, she is so sorry she didn't do it. So you are a feisty red head
Lily..Now that Palm Pilot must take up considerable room. I hear they are really a good thing to have.
Ann.. I cut the recipe in 1/2 and put it in a 8x8 pan. Delicious. Thanks It's hard deciding exactly what to pack sometimes. I guess any place would seem cool to you after the Florida weather you are used to.

I did go to work out this morning, and on the way home picked up a small box of pansies just to fill in some spaces. I sure do like planting, moving stuff and playing in the warm earth.

I am making stew for supper, so I had better check on it... talk to you all later...
Old 06-04-2001, 07:31 PM   #6  

Hi, Have to check out these new toys. It is still raining and cold. Yuck! Went to Summerfair at Coney Island yesterday. It is juried art show with artists from all over the country. Just looked. Today I went to Dayton with a friend and went to lunch. Was nice. Ended up at Costco. I love that Tillamook cheese. My regular purse has a flashlight and a tape measure, Advil, Kleenex, Many pens, nail file. Not as interesting as all of yours. My shoulder gets too sore. I printed the cake recipe. Sounds good. Ann my friend that has a winter place in Florida says that you aren't too too far South of her. If we go to visit next winter we will have to meet. I am tired. Talk tomorrow, Peggy
Old 06-04-2001, 07:47 PM   #7  

G'day all,

What a lot of new toys! I was disappointed not to be able to 'talk' to you all yesterday but the new toys this morning have made up for it.
It is a beautiful sunny day here today and I will go for a bit of a walk.
Son is ok, finger is back in place and other than bad swelling etc. all is well but no golf or football for a while.

I think it was Ann who asked about Australian rules football, it is nothing like soccer which by some is regarded as a bit of a sissy's game it is difficult to explain, quite different from American football as well other than it is rough and tough and very much a body contact sport. Not good to watch for some Mums!

It never ends, daughter needs $1800 worth of repairs to her car before it can be re-registered. Because she is in a different state with different rules, this is the result. She called to see us last night and dh can reduce the labour costs substantially by doing quite a few of the bits and pieces himself. I think a car should definetly be roadworthy but the 'repairs' that are required are quite ridiculous. Anyway we will help out and hope all is well again.
Thank you Trudy for your smiley hug avatar, I emailed it to my daughter this morning, she can do with a bit of a hug. She is in the middle of 'swat vac' as well but so far has done well in her exams.
Karen good luck with your mum and her knee replacement. I have heard it is painful but very successful regardless of age.
Trudy I just love pansies, they are so colourful and fill up bare spots in the garden nicely. I planted many bulbs before we went away, they should start flowering towards the end of this month and July, I hope I will see some of them in flower.
Also my camellias should be flowering soon, oh well hopefully we will be home in a month or so.

Ann I bet your mind is working overtime, what to take on your trip. It is all part of the fun.

I wonder what has happened to Glenda, I hope all is well with her
I have finished the Anzac Page on my website and will upload it shortly. Got to get my priorities right, posting here is first

Have a great day all
Hope I didn't go to crazy with the new toys, difficult to know until it is posted
and yes my favourite colour is blue!!!!!! though I quite like pink as well!!!!!!!

'See' you all
Maria
Old 06-04-2001, 09:55 PM   #8  
Net browser

Default ...busy day

Hi Everybody

Oh, I all these new little things to click and color.
Karen how did your Mom make out with her surgery today? I hope she's not in too much pain.
Ann I had a dentist appointment today. I'm having a lot of work done and I guess when I woke up I just couldn't fall back to sleep for thinking about it. The appointment went sort of ok, but my teeth and jaw hurt now. Trudy I love your new avatar. Looking forward to seeing you at tea time tomorrow. Maria if you could see my home you would know that blue is my favorite color too. I also really like bright yellow, it's a cheerful color. I'm happy your son is doing ok. Too bad about missing out on the golf.
Lily hi there. Are you still experiencing really hot weather. We had a really nice day today, just in the low seventies, but the sun was shinning.
Glenda where are you?
We miss you.
My dentist appointment wasn't until 1:00 so I walked on the treadmill, pulled weeds, washed floors, toilets, sinks, clothes and lastly myself. I was really busy today. After the dentist I went to the store, and ironed all the clothes I washed. I feel soooo righteous.
Night all. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2001, 10:35 PM   #9  
Life Time 2001

ANN: I would take the shorts just in case. This weather is different and it could change! You are gonna have so much fun! What day do you leave?

Trudy: The palm pilot really doesnt take up that much room. Its smaller than my huge wallet! I love it cause if Im somewhere and dont know something I can look it up. Comes in handy when I travel for things like that. Sides I like to play solitare! I love pansies!

Peggy: Bet that summer fair was fun! I love to go to those things. We dont get to many here. But when I see them Im there! Always find neat stuff to buy at them.

Maria: Cars are always expensive to fix it seems. You pay a fortune for them and then have to pay a fortune more to repair them. Doesnt seem right to me. Cant wait to see the new photos! Glad your son is doing ok.

Slavika: No the weather has cooled down. Its been quite windy lately so it has taken the temp. down. I like it this way and wish it would stay but it wont. ALAS.
Have fun at your Tea party tomorrow!

Glenda: where are you?

Margot: Where are you to?

Have a great night all! Love the new colors!
Old 06-04-2001, 10:46 PM   #10  

Default Moms OK

Just wanted to let you know that surgery went well. I went up to see her at supper time . She was still in a lot of pain when I got there. They were showing her how to give here self a shot of morphine throught the IV. Then they also gave here a shot in the fanny. By the time I left she was really out of it. I'll be going back to see her tomorrow afternoon after my first meeting. By the way she managed to stay alert to see her soaps.

Ann the 2 point bars are really good . My favorite is the Fudgy Peanut In some parts of the country they are pretty pricey I have seen some in the supermarkets that are more reasonable.

Time to get off. Have to do my poor nails after yesterday and the dirt they need attention.

Karen
Old 06-05-2001, 12:07 AM   #11  
Net browser

Default ...a couple of things, then bed

Karen Glad your Mother is ok after her surgery...... cute she was alert enough to watch her soaps. LOL.

Peggy What is "Tillamook Cheese"? This might be something I'll need to be on look out for.

Night again.
Old 06-05-2001, 07:43 AM   #12  

Good Morning, It is still raining - will it ever stop? Karen I am glad your Mom is doing o.k. As long as she can see her soaps she will be fine. Slavika when we were in Oregon last fall we went to Tillamook and visited the cheese factory and when I saw Tillamook cheese at Costco I was surprised. Have you ever had one of Costco's pies? Lily I should have guessed that you would have a palm pilot. My sil has a governement issued one. They are something else. Maria I can't wait to see your update. It is fun to go to exotic places through you. See you all later, Peggy
Old 06-05-2001, 10:58 AM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Good Morning: We actually had some rain last night. Sorry Peggy that you are getting inundated. We'd love it. Karen: glad your Mom is doing well. The 2pt. bars here are 3.00 per box. is that more than you pay? Lily: how are the fingernails? Trudy: Glad you liked the cake. Slavika: Is Costco a supermarket? I made your Tropicolada cake doubled and it was just as good. I didn't bring any back from the pot-luck.Maria: will be looking forwad to your update. Geri-Glenda- Where are you?

We will be leaving on June10th and will only be able to check in now and then. My dd has a computer so she will help me. Also in Maine ds has a computer. When we get to our home town, I go to the library.

I thought I was going to be able to use some of the new toys, but when I typed in the codes and posted, nothing came up but the code letters.So either I didn't do it right or I can't use them with webtv. I will try again. 'See you later' Ann
Old 06-05-2001, 06:32 PM   #14  

G'day all

A rainy miserable day here today, perfect to sew together the cardigan I am still knitting for my dd. It is a stripey affair with 6 different colours, the knitters amongst us here can imagene how many threads I have to somehow work away

Trudy daughter loved the smiley that you posted yesterday and i in turn emailed to her. Things are working out for her. DH is so tough and initially said daughter and fiancee will have to work out the finances for their car themselves and that I was just far too soft. Well guess what, he didn't sleep all night and in the morning asked if I minded if we helped them out Men !!!!!
Ann not much longer to your trip, bet you are counting the days. I am sure the same would apply in the States, there are heaps of cyber cafe's everywhere so no excuse for not letting us know how your holiday is going

Web page has been updated and I hope you enjoy reading about Anzac Day.

Have a fantastic day all as I sit here today trying to eliminate millions of threads from daughter's cardigan.
See ya
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 06-05-2001 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-05-2001, 08:58 PM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Karen: Glad your mom is ok! At least she was alert for the soaps! Thats important! How long will she be in the hospital?

Peggy: AlAS Still more rain. Hope it stops soon. I does get old after a while.

Ann: The 2 point bars here are 3.95. I do like the peanut fudge one. But dont buy them oftem. My fingernails are long. They have always grown like crazy. People think I have them done but they are real and all mine. I know nothing about web Tv so cant help you there!

Maria: I like the update. Its great to get some history in there to! Loved the photos! Wow that was alot of people there to.

Slavika: I would think they would have Tillamook cheese at your store. Maybe not tho. Its yummy!

I always tape my soaps so I can watch them while I am on the threadmill. Keeps me from getting bored.

Was a really long day so Im gonna get dinner ready and probably crash. Im pooped

Have a great night!
Closed Thread