Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 09:50 PM   #16  

G'day all,

Freda what is the reason for your dizziness?? Whilst we were driving back to Adelaide just recently, several times as we changed drivers I felt quite dizzy. I never said anything to dh because I wanted to push on and I felt OK again once I sat down either in the passenger seat or the drivers seat.
After a really good sleep I was fine so I just put it down to tiredness.
Glad you liked my flowers.

Slavika what a shame about your son's boat The photos told a telling story Good he was able to haul it out of the water and by the sounds not too much damage was done.
This far I don't call Matilda anything else but Matilda, I guess it doesn't really matter how her shortened name of 'Maddy' or Mattie' is spelt. Her other grandfather always calls her 'Mattie'.
Good luck on Monday, hope the day will go smoothly and it will not be too traumatic for either your dh or you.
I know you have a lot on your plate but it was nice to see you post.

The weekend is flying, what a change from being in Sydney and wondering how we will fill in the weekend! DH is doing some work at ds's rental property , then home this afternoon to get ready to fly back to Sydney first thing in the morning.
It is a cold and miserable day here, perfect for a roast dinner

I was to go to the person who does laser treatment next Thursday but I now have to change the appointment. Our d-i-l is playing netball in Perth and has to leave on Thursday on a 4 pm flight and returns again on Saturday.
I will look after Matilda for the 2 nights. I am starting to get more confident handling a tiny little one. I have set up my sewing/junk/spare bedroom for her. She is getting too big for the carry basket so I the cot I bought in Sydney will now be very useful.
DS will come and stay the night again on Friday night but thursdaynight he has football practice so he will just stay at his own house.

It will be interesting to see how I am going to cope

Hope you are all having an enjoyable weekend.

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-03-2005, 11:03 AM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, Thanks for welcoming me into your group!

The reason forl my dizziness is: I was vacationing in the mountains and my innerear got messed up! It's been going on for longer than a week now and it's pretty annoying! I am taking antivert and it's helping a little, but I can't do all the things I want to do, like exercise. I can move around find as long as I do it slowely and don't move my head too quickly. The Dr. said there wasn't much you could do except wait it out.

Slauka, Don't the kids grow too quicly? Soon your grandchildren will be "bigger" than you. glad to see that your son got his boat repaired in time for the weekend.

We're not doing much this weekend, except maybe barbacue with the family. It's our 4'th of July celebration this weekend! Big holiday here! My son took the kids to see the fireworks last night. The weather remains cooperative, cool, but not too cool. That is supposed to change next week, it's getting hot again!

Have a good weekend, all
Old 07-03-2005, 08:09 PM   #18  

G'day all,

Happy to report that I have changed my appointment for the laser treatment to tomorrow!
The first consult will be to discuss my options, dh is rather interested in the fees so I will see if I can get a ball park figure as to the total cost.

How annoying for you Freda especially that you have to wait it out

Nice, sunny winter's day here.

Hope all my American friends are having a great 4th July celebration.

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-05-2005, 02:57 AM   #19  

G'day all,

I have had my first laser treatment today.

Here is one of a number of sites re the machine that is used

http://www.newlooklaserclinic.com/laser.html

It is a bit annoying that you have to wait 4 weeks in between treatments.
The other disappointing thing is that the white hairs will not react to laser treatment, however I was told that 70% of the hair is dark and they are confident that all of that will be permanently removed.

I was also surprised at the cost, I thought it was quite reasonable AUS$60.50 per treatment. I am so desperate to get rid of the hair that dh and I discussed it and thought I might be up for a few thousand dollars. Hopefully I will get all the treatments I need for under a $1000.

I have also decided to get prepared meals (http://www.liteneasy.com.au/about/ ) delivered again whilst dh is in Sydney. I am just shocking and do not cook properly for myself. This way everything is done for me and hopefully it will help getting some weight off.

Another lovely winter's day here......

I am not sure why the new smilie is that because of Independence Day????

See you tomorrow....

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-05-2005, 07:55 AM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Default morning

Good morning everyone, It's cloudy this morning, looks like it might rain here in Michigan. That's a good thing! It's been very dry and the lawns are looking brown. We got some rain last evening along with some thunder and lightening. But, it was later in the evening after every one had gone home from the barbacue we had for the 4'th. And, I planned ahead and didn't over eat! I did have a hamburger and corn-on-the cob and some pasta salad (that I made with low calorie dressing). And I was able to go for a walk. The dizziness is slowely going away!

I was hoping the lazor treatment had changed, since I am very fair and the hair is almost white. So I don't know how beneficial it would be. I know it does better on dark hair. I am hoping that with the new machines and techniques they will come up with something for light. You must be so excited to get started! How did it feel? I've heard everything from "light" to "very bad". What delevered meal plan did you go on? Is it something like Jenny Craig, where they send you all the food?

Hope everyone has a good day, Freda
Old 07-05-2005, 05:08 PM   #21  

G'day all,

Very early morning here...as in 5.25am
I am a bit excited I downloaded the latest version of Photoshop and it has some great new features. Dh asked me to wait to buy it until the end of the financial year (June 30 for us) so it is now July and I have ordered it and in the meantime will use the 30 day free trial version.
I will spend the day learning and trying out some of the new features.

Freda re the laser treatment, I think the blond hair is OK to treat but it is the white hair that has lost all pigmentation, that is the problem. It certainly was not painful, ever so slightly unpleasant. I have had electrolisis and I hated that, I can only liken the sensation to something like when you accidentally chew on silver paper , laser treatment is far more pleasant than that!
The meal delivery is not necessarily to lose weight, it is more for convenience (or laziness in my case ). You can choose what plan you want 2000, 1500 or 1200 calories. I have opted for the 1200 calorie plan and will see how I go.

Looks like you and I are the only ones 'talking' these past few days I guess everyone is busy

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-05-2005, 06:57 PM   #22  
Web Nana

Hello again. We are back. Of course I should be doing laundry and finishing the unpacking but that lil ol puter was just calling my name.

Hi Freda: Welcome, I have only be with the gals since April but this is a good group. I am 72, been married 48 yrs in Sept. and we have 3 girls and 1 boy, 9 grqndkids (6 boys, 3 girls). Most of the family lives fairly close but DS lives in Raleigh with his wife & 1 g. & 1 b. We get to see them about once a year and this year it will be November when we will meet at DisneyWorld.

Cape Cod was wonderful and about 20 degrees cooler than here near Boston.
There were 3 of us ladies who had all worked together and boy did we talk & talk & laugh & laugh. It was just like old times. The food that the other gal & I brought worked out well as our Hostess did not have to cook but one meal. She deserved that break. The fireworks were on Sunday nite and started about 9:20 til 10 PM. The beach which is about just across the street is about a mile long and it was wall to wall people. The ones that had been there all day for the water and sun stayed and others started pouring in about 5PM and were still coming at 9:15PM. You couldn't park any where near the beach so they parked down town and walked but when it broke the traffic jam lasted about 2 hours. We just sat on the porch and the barge was about 250 yards off shore directly across from us. It was spectacular. On the 4th we watched the Boston Pops on TV and saw the Boston fireworks. I understand that the last hour from 10 - 11PM was broadcast nationally. I wonder if any of you caught it. Those were some fireworks.

Coming off Cape today was awful....took us 2 1/2 hours for a normally 1 hour ride. I thought that coming home the day after the 4th would be quiet but of course NOT!!!!

You all have been busy and I know that MARIA is babysitting (have fun)and that lazer treatment, WOW! SLAVIKA's sons boat got swamped but glad it was salvagable. TRUDY your parade sounds adorable. The neighbors down the Cape do a parade around their little block every year. Bikes, Wagons and fat men in flag shorts....all in great fun. 12 noon everyone comes out to applaud. KAREN your little Sprout enjoyed his trip...wonderful. ANN you out rank me, WOW 14 GKs and 3 GGKs. Congratulations! I know I have forgotten people ....I am getting fuzzy brained. Hope you all had a great 4th.

Gloria

Last edited by nanacas; 07-05-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:52 PM   #23  

Welcome back Gloria!

Good to hear you had a good time, it all sounded like a lot of fun except for your journey home

Maria
Old 07-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #24  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: I haaven't been posting - just reading, as we had kids and grandkids over the weekend. Also I was the chairperson for our Independence Day celebration at the clubhouse, so that took some time. I am happy to say that it all went off well , everyone had plenty to eat, and the entertainment was good. But I came home tired, and starting an allergy attack of some sort. finally went to the Dr. today and he gave me a shot, and an antibiotic as a precaution so I wouldn't get bronchitis, and also gave me an allergy medication. I have a faucet nose, and sneezing up a storm. i hate it.

Tomorrow we are going to Daytona Beach for 3 days. Outr church is paying for me to go and look for music. It is a music reading clinic put on by a company that sells exclusively to churches. I hope to find something for us to do for Christmas. DH says that he is going to sit in the shade on the beach and watch the bikinis go by. : I have to feel better, as I don't wont to be sneezing all the time we are gone.

Gloria: It took two marriages for me to get that number if kids and grandkids. My DH had 4 children and I had 2. But we have been married for almost 30 years now, so our families are just sort of lumped together now and it is good that we all get along well. DH's youngest son, wife and two kids were here for the weekend. And then next week my daughter and granddaughter will be here. My girls and their families look at Phil as their Dad, as their biolgical one wasn't the nicest or best. I'm very happy that things worked out that way, It sounds like you had a great weekend. But traffic jams are the pits.

Maria: I'm happy for you that the laser treatment is not going break your bank. And happy that it will solve the problem for you. I feel fortunate, I only have one or two hairs and the tweezers work very well.

Freda: Hope that by now your dizziness is going away. My DH had that problem after we got back from a trip to Arizona and the GrandCanyon. The abrupt change in altitude is what got him.

I probably won't have a chance to get back before Friday when we get home from our adventure. I'll fill you in on the bikini watching, and my music quest.

Happy days to you all. Ann
Old 07-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #25  

G'day all,

My weekend is starting early, this afternoon I will go to my d-i-l's place, pick up Matilda and drive d-i-l to the airport for her Fridaynight game in Perth Western Australia.
I have Matilda's bed all ready and I wonder how I will go looking after such a little baby for 2 days and nights!

As always, it was good to read your post Ann with all the things you have been up to. If I could manage to get rid of my excess facial hair with tweezers I would be thrilled however with the amount I have, it would become a full time job
I hope there were lots of dolly birds for your dh to admire whilst you are at Daytona Beach and you find the music.

I guess I will try to get back in between feeds and sleeps this weekend

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-07-2005, 10:45 AM   #26  
Web Nana

Just finished the ironing so now I am caught up from just 4 days away. Either we are very dirty people or very clean ones. Laundry never ends.
I forgot to tell you that I made out quite well while away...in the shopping department. We ladies went to a couple of Consignment Shops and a few yard sales and all in all there was a lot of 'junk' but I did get a very cute sweatshirt from a resort in GA. and a golf cap for DH. I also got a couple of paperbacks and my all time favorite.....10 pieces of Haviland China from Bavaria, Germany. They were small, individual type dishes maybe for individual servings of applesauce, vegetables or the like. Perfect condition and all 10 for $10. They are not the exact pattern of my china but blue and white and will make a lovely mix & match. Also the local library puts on a used book sale each year over the 4th and they have a large tent on the town green. I made a mad dash for the paperbacks and got 13 the first day for 50 cents each and on the way home the tent was still up and got 4 more at half price...25 cents. What a haul.

Maria...you are definetly going to be busy this weekend with Matilda. Hope she lets you get some sleep. Your D-i-l doesn't realize how lucky she is that you are close and willing to care for the baby. When mine were small, like most of us, I was the designated caretaker 24/7.

Ann...No matter how you got your family, enjoy! Which, of course, it sounds like you already do. Must be quite a crowd when you all get together.

Freda...Hope by now you have a handle on that dizzyness. It can be awful to feel well but just be a bit 'off center'. Sosmetimes that happens to me while shopping and I think it is the lighting in the store. I just leave and come back another day.

Slavika....Wonderful news about DH. You may not be out of the woods yet but the path is becoming more clear. Keep up the good work you two and we will keep up the prayers.

Got to get moving....DH wants to go out for a while. Gloria
Old 07-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #27  

G'day all,

Matilda is sleeping along side of me I had har little cot and everything set up in the spare bedroom but ds said he finds it difficult to sleep in the same room as he hears every little murmur etc. so I transported the cot in my very crowded computer room.
She is a little sweetie, smiling all the time but boy what a lot of work!
I have just sterilised all the bottles and got the formula ready for the day, tidied up and it is only 7.15am

Gloria I had not heard of the china you mentioned but found it on the net, it looks very elegant but definitly not the sort of stuff to put in the dishwasher!
I love getting second hand books when I a m away, invariably it is a lot cheaper than some of those flashy magazines.

D-i-l and ds do realise that they are very lucky to have us and her parents as well, to look after Matilda in her bid to make the Australian side for the Commonwealth Games. She told me yesterday that once she has achieved that goal she will retire from international netball. I am very pleased to hear that. In October/November the Australian team is on tour to New Zealand and Jamaica, in order to get selected for the Commonwealth Games, she has to make herself available for that tour.
Her parents will take a week holidays and I have agreed to have her for the remaining 10 days before she returns home again.

Being the only non-sporting person in the family, I find it all very difficult to comprehend.

The overnight news from London has been dominating our news services this morning, when will it ever end and what do they actually achieve other than more hatred?

On that note I will be off,
Cheers
Maria
Old 07-08-2005, 12:27 AM   #28  
Life Time 2001

Im not gonna try and catch up.

Good News! For me. Im getting a Laptop! So hopefully I can visit more. I will take to work and use at Lunch. I really hope to get back in touch with you. Will be at least 2 weeks away tho.

So sad what Happen today in England. Will it ever end? Have friends over there. As for your comment Maria, I dont know what to say. I dont think it will ever end. Its sad to say the least.
Just a month ago they arrested several AL-Queda guys about 50 miles from me. Its sad as they were people that go around in the summer in Ice Cream Trucks to sell to people. Home and Office. Kids Mostly. since it happened they arent around anymore.
I find this very sad. I grew up waiting for these guys to come around. And now even honest people cant do it. Makes me mad and very sad. I never bought from the guy who came around work, but it always brought back Memories. Now he is gone. And only Because terrorist took it away from him. They took his lifeline away. A way to make some Money for his family

Last edited by LilyG; 07-08-2005 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:07 PM   #29  
Member Florida Chick

Hi: We are back and had a great and productive time. I feel certain that I found some good music for Christmas and also some other things that we can use. It sure would be wonderful to have a choir like all the singers we had. There were probably 150 to 175 people in attendance, and all either Music Ministers or Choir directors. so for 1 1/2 days all we did was sing as we sight read gobs of music. It was a lot of fun and also inspirational. And DH did his beach walking but he was still waiting for me when I got back. The only frustrating thing was that I was so busy, that I never got the time to go put my feet in the ocean. And Daytona has a great beach.

Maria: I'm sure you are haveing a busy and fun time with Matilda. If your DIL
plays in the commonwealth games, would that make her elligible for the summer olympics?

It sure is hard to understand the mentality of the terrorist mind. It is as if they can't learn from their past mistakes, because in most cases, like 9/11 all it does is make the resolve of the country stronger to defeat them. And I think that is what is happening in England too. I believe that Spain did knuckle under and withdraw their troops from the U.N. forces, and so I suppose that each victory the terrorists get, they become bold to try again. And it seems to be so easy for them to get past our immigration laws. And then we have the people who say our laws are too harsh. We were listening to a talk show guy while traveling and he was complaining about some of our Senators and Congressmen who also play into the hands of the terrorist/insurrgent minds, when they show an ununified front and are not supportive of the troops. Politics!! BahHumbug!!! I think love of country and patriotism has to come before politics. guess I better get off my soapbox.

Hi Lily: Glad you will soon be able to get back with us on a regular basis.

I've just checked the time and I think my DH would be happy if I thought about something to eat. Talk to you all later. Ann
Old 07-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #30  
Fun Blonde

I just caught up with the reading and don't remember a thing, but was sure glad to hear from Lily. Yea. You will be able to post to us more often. And I so agree about the terrorists. What exactly are they accomplishing, but inspiring more and more hate in this world. I wonder that the Muslim world doesn't turn on them too. I think the only thing that will work on them is if world opinion drastically turns against them. Just so sad.

Sounded like everyone had a great 4th. Gloria, we got in a terrible traffic jam too. On Saturday we went down to Bricktown in OKC, saw a movie, stayed for the fireworks and it took us 45 minutes to get two blocks out of Toby Keith's new bar and grill. Just crazy. We went to another display with my sis and bro and spouses and grandkids, etc. My SIL just had back surgery so we let her off close, but coming out, she had to walk about a mile to her car. No other way. Kenny Rogers was at that concert. I hope you all know Kenny Robers and Toby Keith are country stars.

Maria, your baby is just so pretty. I loved her pictures. This is such a cute age and sounds like you got back in the groove pretty quickly. Can you imagine leaving an almost newborn for 10 days. Kids!

Slavika, hope it all went well. I was almost surprised the boat was okay after being almost submerged. What a mess, but glad it worked out. You know you are in my prayers.

Ann, while he was bikini-watching you were looking for music for your church. Hmmmm...interesting how the sexes are different, huh? You didn't even get a little peak at a tanned muscular man in a swimming suit? You are too good.

Well, I can't answer everyone, but just know I sure do love you guys. I have had one of the worst weeks of my life at work. I think it is because I have just been so darned tired. Hubby is working overtime and we have only one car. Too long days. I am that witch spelled with the second letter of the alphabet. This weekend will be good and restful.
Glenda
Closed Thread