Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 11:19 PM   #16  
Fed Up With Fat!!

One more picture...this time with clothes on!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Getting ready for the egg hunt (2).jpg (32.3 KB, 30 views)
Old 06-23-2005, 12:20 AM   #17  
Canadian Chick

Stacey, Your little guys is soo cute! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:00 PM   #18  
Running Babe

Kierie: If I had it my way we would be getting married next year, but my DF didn't want to be too rushed and wants to not have too much debt associated with it. So I gave in on that, but I insisted we have it on a holiday weekend (the Monday after is a holiday in Canada).

Lori: Yup, I have a pretty rock on my finger now. It's shiny yah! But yeah, being engaged has been fun thus far. I just wish the renovations on my house were finished (aka post-flood fix up) so we could throw a party!

Stacy: Adorable pics!!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-23-2005, 12:06 PM   #19  
Canadian Chick

Ali, I think its very smart to get married on a long weekend. Much easier for anyone who has to travel. That was my one stipulation we were setting a date for ours. We ended up married on June 29th with Canada Day actually being on a Monday for once. It worked out awesome. Hard to believe that was three years ago. Time flies by I tell ya! Good luck getting your house back in order. They were showing pictures on tv of peoples basements in Calgary and all the mess from the floods. I can't imagine. That would be awful.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:54 PM   #20  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I got married On July 4th weekend last year on July 4th then we had the monday off for the legal holiday it's the only way to go
Stacy! he's adorable so much personality in that one
Ali 2 years will totally fly trust me!
I bought the leslie sansone last night I can't wait for it to come
today I had lunch with my gf and her 16 month old son it was so nice she is moving back home to ireland b/c her mom is sick we have been friends 7 years I'm goign to miss her
I gotta run work to do!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:22 PM   #21  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello!

Wow, the thread has been nice and busy this week, I love it! It's like the old days, sort of.

Thank you all for your thoughts and sympathy yesterday. It's great to have such a variety of ladies on here--it's good to know that I'm not unusual. I'm not sure why I'm struggling so much. I think it's maybe because he's with someone new and doesn't seem to care about me at all anymore. I still care SO deeply for him and it's hard to come to terms with that. I've been spending a lot of time crying, perhaps because I haven't really cried about it since I broke up with him. I'm better off without him and don't want to get back together but I still miss him sometimes.

To cope with things, I've been doing some online dating for the last couple of weeks. I've actually met three very nice guys and have plans to see each of them again. I've also been chatting online with a couple of very interesting guys. More than anything, it's a distraction which is what I need right now.

I can't wait for Belle to come back and post photos!!! I love the name Eva, don't you guys?

It's funny that Rina should mention about being all gung ho and then getting stuck in the mud because I've been thinking about the same things lately. I always try to figure out what was different about the first time that I did WW and was SO successful and why I haven't been as successful this time. I think it's because of the "honeymoon-ness" of the first time that you do it. It's not new to me anymore, I'm not learning anything new like I did before. So, I've been trying to think of some way to bring the excitement back into the relationship. But I'm drawing a blank--do you guys have any suggestions?

Stacey--Don't worry about asking about babies/marriages. It's not a sensitive subject for me, since we've been broken up for so long. Your son is absolutely ADORABLE! So cute!

Ali--Congrats on settling on a date. I think it's great that it's so far away--like you said, the time will fly, plus you'll just have that much more time to plan and make calls and all the other stuff you have to accomplish to have a wedding. And you're right--looking back, it's unbelievable how much we've all grown, changed, accomplished, isn't it? By the way, did you ever post a photo of your rock? I'd love to see it.

Kier--I think you'll like Leslie. She's a little bit perky for me, but if you can tolerate it, you'll probably really enjoy her. It really is good exercise and you'll definitely see a difference. Luckily, a lady from work and I are planning a MAJOR girls' night out next Friday, and I think it'll be exactly what I need. I can't wait!! That's very sad about your friend leaving, especially after being friends for so long.

Lori--Thanks so much for your thoughts on Aaron--it's such a relief to know that it's OK to be hurting even though it's been so long. Did you start running by doing the Couch to 5K pointers? I'm kind of thinking of starting to run and don't really know how to do it. I remember that for awhile, we had a running challenge and one of the gals on here was coaching. Were you part of that?

OK, ladies, I'm going to get a little bit more work done. See you later!!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:36 PM   #22  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Good evening everyone! I'm stuck in the mud, too. I'm sitting here, just got home from class and I'm starving. I'm not thinking "points" smarts, either. I don't have much taboo stuff around the house unless I start eating DS's chef boyardee and stuff like that. I have WI in the morning. I usually don't eat until after WI...then I'm thinking about eating bad stuff. I was supposed to lose enough weight to feel better in my swimsuit. We're going to the lake with a bunch (55) friends/family for the holiday. Last year my excuse was I just had a baby. I don't know what my excuse will be this year. Is it dorky to go to the water wearing a longsleeved tshirt and pants over your swimsuit? Kidding.
That's enough rambling for me. Hello to everyone and have a loverly weekend if I can't post tomorrow!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 01:35 PM   #23  
Canadian Chick

Hey I all I just got some super news. My cousin/best friend is moving home from Texas as of August 1st!!!! WOOOOHOOOO! You have no idea how awesome this is. She has been down there for 4 years and comes home once a year. We spend lots of time on the ohone but its just not the same. They are moving back to our home area so that is perfect. I am soooooo hyper now! I guess that's good b/c I have lots of packing to do for my Calgary trip. Sounds like Belle & I will be getting together & so I get to see little Eva in person! That's super exciting too. Can't wait. Anyway I better get my butt in gear. I doubt I'll be on until after I get back so I guess I'll talk to you all in July. Take care & keep healthy! XOXOXO
Old 06-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #24  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
DH and I stayed home yesterday neither one of us felt good
I'm stuck in the mud too but I'm some menu ideas off the forum and I'm planning on cooking ahead of time tommorrow night.
Last night was my gf's last night out in america before going home I'm sad I've actually been sad for weeks about this.
but i did make good food choices a shrimp and avocado salad about a 1/4 of an avocado grilled shrimp and it was dressed in Salsa
no dessert
One of my best friends comes back from TX to stay in late july early august too
and we have a big fam party in august and a retirement party in sept these are my gett off my arse impetus
I have to hustle won't have the puter long b/c DH is having tech boy weekend I'll report in full tommorrow night
I'm so glad we're all posting!
Love
Kier
Closed Thread