Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #31  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL SISTER (SUE)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Ok I have to go back to watching my Spurs celebration parade.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:12 AM   #32  
Susan

Amy, Thanks for the birthday song. It was just beautiful How about them Spurs!!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 12:56 PM   #33  
GoddessInclined

Thanks for all the sweet comments about my son's non-appendix attack. ::sigh:: If you think it's tough to change your own eating habits, try changing an 11-year-old's whose rationale is "But, mom, I'm a kid. I'm supposed to eat all that junk food while I still can."

Amy, I don't know the whole story, but I wanted to say that the name "Seamus" is so beautiful--it's one I would have chosen for a second child, if I'd ever had one. I sense a lot of pain and grief in your words about him, but also a lot of hope and strength. Whatever it is you're going through...well, every time I see his name, I smile. I hope that helps?

LOL at the wasp garden...I've seen butterfly gardens, too, and the thought of a wasp garden was just too funny. I think I should plant a money garden.

Had the "make-up" date Saturday night. Nice guy, good-looking, seems stable. Wonder if he's got someone buried in his basement?
Old 06-27-2005, 06:18 PM   #34  

Godess you crack me up. Just to let you know my second son Dan who is 18, 6'2" and 300+ pounds has lost 30 pounds in the last year just by me improving my diet. He was the world's worst eater and would not even let a vegetable or fruit on his plate. He still hates fruit but will eat lots of veggies now even salad. Those new all bran cookies are pretty good. Do you think your son would try them? How about raw apples, carrots? Also remember that WW staple water. Hope that helps.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:21 PM   #35  

Susan happy belated birthday! Hope you had fun and were a little bit bad.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:24 AM   #36  

Happy Birthday Susan!!

Goddess, check private message.

Tim called from London this morning to say that they made it safe and sound. What a relief to hear his voice! I'm being lazy today. My TOM finally started and it's been flood central (I know, TMI). No energy at all. even less than usual.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:12 PM   #37  
Thursday Lady

Default Tim

Tammy, I'm so glad Tim called and everything was fine. We need that reassurance, don't we.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:03 PM   #38  
Susan

Hi Ya'll,

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been lazy today. I just woke up from a hour and half nap. I can't believe it. I haven't gotten anything done and I should be doing things.

I hope that I see some kind of loss tomorrow. I'm afraid if I don't I might just give up. I just can't seem to get back on the right track.

Tammy, I know it was a relief to hear Tim's sweet voice. I hope they have a great time over there.

Tina, I've been thinking about you.

Mimi, thanks for the birthday wishes. Honestly, I wasn't too bad this year. It was good to see you posting.

Goddess, thanks for the sweet words about my precious Seamus.

Amy, keep up the good work, wish we lived closer to each other.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:02 PM   #39  
Thursday Lady

Default Need a group hug and cheer

Hi all,
We need our cheerleader here!!!!! Tammy are you still the one???
Susan needs help here. Miss Susan, no matter what the scales say tomorrow, you will not, I repeat, you will not give up!
You can do this!!!
(Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.)
Old 06-29-2005, 07:13 PM   #40  
Susan

Thanks for being my cheerleader!!!! Well, I didn't have a loss but I didn't have a gain either. I was the same. I'm going to really watch it this week and drink LOTS of water.

Hope everyone is surviving the HEAT~!!!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 10:13 AM   #41  

I hope everyone is staying cool in the HEAT. It is suppose to be 99 today here in San Antonio.

Sue- staying the same is good. We you start back to work I know it will start coming down. Also, thanks for the sisterly advise the last couple of days.

I have had a stomach bug since Sunday and felt totally blah. I hope to make it to a meeting tonight or in the morning. I wll just use my "No Weigh in coupon"

I just got invited to the National Girl Scout Convention in Atlanta, GA in October. The only thing is that I really want to go (Since Girl Scouts is my main focus since I stay at home with the kids) but I have a hard time going off and leaving Rob and the kids, since it is not a "Work required trip".
What a delima!

Hope you all stay cool.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:01 PM   #42  
Susan

Howdy folks,

I made another trip to the vet with the other dog today (she hid under the barn the other day so I couldn't take her). I seem to make regular visits there. Good thing I like them.

Amy, GO GO GO!!!!! You will have fun and deserve to go. Rob can take care of the kids!!!!

Ok, my new favorite food is frozen turkey dogs. Crazy isn't it!!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #43  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. I haven't forgotten you all. I just have been very tired and HOT the last couple of weeks. They have had us wking 7 days a week again. I think it may be going to slack off but we're not sure yet. The temps have been in the 90's here!! That makes the humidity WAY TO HIGH! Our usual temps here in western MI are usually in the low to mid 80's this time of yr sometimes getting into the high 80's. Once in a while we would hit 90 but not often and we've had over a week of it. YUK!

Got a question. Has anyone ever heard of hyperinsulinism? My dd has been diagnosed with it. They seem to treat it like they do hyperglycemia. It is having to much insulin being produced by the body. DD is doing wonderfully trying to stick to the diet that requires limiting carbs quite a bit (fruit is acceptable) and increasing fiber intake. She seems to be losing wt. She needs to lose about 25 lbs. Hopefully that will put this in control. She is 12 and is about 5'10" so its not like she is really big or anything. I just hope we can fix this. Anyways if anyone has dealt with this any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer. I am hoping to be able to if they cut back on my hours at wk. At least my hubby can be home wth dd on the week ends. That helps. We also got a new puppy. She is so cute. A yellow lab. She is such a stinker. Our other dog seems to like her now though.

Have a wonderful week end all. Take care .....Sis
Old 07-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #44  
Thursday Lady

Default New Thread Coming

Don't post here anymore. I'm starting the July Chatters thread.
Closed Thread