View Poll Results: Would you rather be fat and happy or thin and miserable?
Fat and happy 16 88.89%
Thin and miserable 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2001, 12:06 PM   #16  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Belle its not bad or good
you can start with ehr as that and then change it to
being active on that vacation you know
doing everything you awnt
if showing her up is one of those things well So be it
and i think what ur doing with bf is a good idea
besides its fun to have a bf for the summer
and you have put yourself in the driversseat
Old 05-29-2001, 12:09 PM   #17  
Eve's Mom

Default OOO one more thing

I was looking at my old wieght charts (can we say OCD) from 1997, 98, 99 and early 2000. The lowest I was was 217 in 1997. Then back up to 243 and up to 252. then down to 244 and I started WW in Aug 2000 and the rest is history!! That means I literally have nto been this low since like Grade 12!! 1992! OMG!!

I am off....
Old 05-29-2001, 12:16 PM   #18  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI all... just realized it is 20 minutes till lunch!!! Had an OK weekend... gained .4 pounds, but not counting that because that isn't even 1/2 a pound!!! On Saturday night we went to the drive in movie... took Emma. She fell asleep at about 9:30. She thought it was neat to sit in the car and watch people walk by!! Actually we have a mini van!! Sunday saw the in-laws again, and it is getting better, just not the best yet!! Monday I went grocery shopping with Emma and bought picnin like foods for dinner. Then we did a TON of work in the back yard and it looks fabulous!!! We are getting central air installed next week, so I also worked on clearing that area and planting flowers around it!

TRISH... I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. PLEASE TAKE IT EASY AND KEEP US UP TO DATE! Let me know if you need any info... I am happy to help!!!

Kirsty.. YAH YOUUUUUUUUUUU!! Good luck on the next interview!!!

Kay... just a thought, maybe your worrying is making you feel that way. When I get stressed, I feel it in my tummy!! Don't let it get to you, if you were negative now and your period is in 1 week, then you most likely will stay negative.

Lisa... You look FAB! Huge difference!!!! Still love the hair!!

Oh I better go now. 15 minutes till lunch!!! Having leftover homemade stirfry.... YUMMMM!
Old 05-29-2001, 12:19 PM   #19  
Proud Mama

Hey ya'll, just a few things because I have too much work to do to be playing here! (bad Janet!)

Kay, my guess is that you are pg, but that's just me guessing. I think that somehow, when you are, you just know. And to me it sounds like you know. It was too soon to take the test. I took one the day before AF was due and got a ng w/ Ben, and look at how positive it is now! So, relax, wait and see, and revel in the knowledge that all will be a ok either way.

Trish, CONGRATULATIONS honey, I'm soooooo happy for you. I did not know about your m/c in January. So sorry about that. Sending tons of positive energy your way! Don't worry too much about the weight. Just eat in a way that you know is healthy, and don't obsess about the number. Just don't do what I did... pg is NOT a license to have chocolate milkshakes and cheese fries every day! LOL

Belle, about the motivation... whatever works! Sounds like looking back thru your old weight logs would be motivation enough though.

Kirsty, Congrats on the callback! Yeah you! You'll knock 'em dead girl.

Lisa: You look stunning! Thanks for posting the pic.

Hi to everyone else. I gotta run. Working for a living stinks.
Old 05-29-2001, 12:22 PM   #20  
Proud Mama

Ha Ha! Jen and I posted at the same time and had completely opposite opinions for Kay. Poor Kay, how's that for confusing?! Either way, relax, it will be ok!

Hi Jen! <waving>
Old 05-29-2001, 12:30 PM   #21  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Fat & Happy!!

Well, I caught up on last weeks happenings and finally posted, only to realize I was the only person around for the rest of the weekend Well, it’s there as the last thing Friday anyway. Did not do well on food over the weekend. Didn’t do well on exercise either. Walked Nestle for an hour on Saturday but that’s it. Doesn’t it seem unjust to you that a good hour walk (at a fast pace which I think is moderate), only counts for 3 points? The injustice of it all! I realized after I scheduled a meeting with one of my PL consultants tonight that I needed to go to WI. I don’t know if I’ll have time to run by tomorrow. I need to b/c I didn’t go last week. I wanted so much to do well over the weekend. I’ll just have to start fresh.

Kirsty: Congrats on the second interview! I’m so excited for you. Just remember to have fun with it

Lisa: What beautiful pics! Ditto on the dress for the wedding! I love it. I have some pictures that are a 30 pound difference and you are right, it’s amazing the difference it makes! Tonights game is going to be a nail biter. I have a feeling it’s going to get pretty nasty. We pretty much embarrassed the Devils and they aren’t going to take it lightly. DH and I have a problem. We leave for Durango on the 7th and if a game 6 is needed it’s that night, if there is a game 7 it will be Saturday. Well, that’s not a problem, but DH missed the parade and rally the last time we won the cup and he refuses to miss it again. My aunt and uncle have been planning on us coming for months. What am I going to do? Nope, it won’t matter b/c we are going to take them in 5!!! Go Av’s Go Av’s Go Av’s Go Av’s Go Av’s Go Av’s Go Av’s.

Kay: Don’t fret! I’m sending you good vibes!

Trish!!!!!!!! *hugshugshugs* Remember, keep telling yourself everything will be fine! Good to see you back. Glad to hear hubby is being so supportive! I’ll have to think up some games you can do while on bedrest!

Have a wonderful day!

“The song that we hear with our ears is only the song that is sung in our hearts.” -- Ouida
Old 05-29-2001, 12:41 PM   #22  
Running Babe

Default Happy Tuesday

Ah, I have decided to start volunteering in my neighbourhood, I'll see what is available at the Y. I love volunteer work, it is so good for the soul. I wish I had more work hours right now, I am a person who needs to keep busy.

It was neat, I did a STEP class yesterday and the instructor was a guy in his 50s, that was completely unexpected, but cool at the same time.

I am getting paranoid that I am coming down with Mono, my throat is really sore and I am pretty tired right now. It might be allergies though or a cold.

Trish: Congrats!! Rest and take good care.

Belle: It would most likely be better to focus on just being a size 14 right now than focusing on being slimmer for when you see the ex. Part of the reasons for weight loss is to be healthier and to do it for yourself. I hope this perspective helps.

Kay: Hang in there. Hopefully you'll know either way soon.

Lisa: wow, a difference already! You're looking great ( and I love your hair!!)

Kirsty: Cool, so if I go to England next spring (which is a very strong possibility) I may be seeing ya on the telly?

Take Care!

Ali
Can't I just be thin and happy Obvioisly being happy is the most important thing so I'd rather be fat and happy.
Old 05-29-2001, 12:43 PM   #23  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Thanks girls for all the compliments!! It does feel good to hear them.

Trish, Belle, Kay, Kierie, Janet, Jen-L - you're too sweet

Kierie - a Bubblebath? Sounds hilarious!

Jen-L - I'd love to only have gained .4 this week. I won't be able to find out until Monday - but I know that I was nowhere near my range this weekend. I'm telling you - in the south, if there's a food without fat in it, they sure find a way to add it. Fried everything! You're right, it's not even half a pound. You could have sneezed out more than that!

Kay - Keep us posted. Are you going to take a preg test?

Brenda - I know what you're going through. I have tickets to a concert on Saturday, and just don't know what to do. I really really don't want to miss the game though. However, it's Aerosmith and I am going to go. I'm gonna tape the game and not let anyone tell me the score. I can watch it when I get back from the concert!! Agh!

Ladies, take care!
Lisa
Old 05-29-2001, 01:48 PM   #24  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK Kay... Maybe Janet is right about too early with the PG test. Not sure because when I took one a week before TOM it was negative, but I really wasn't PG anyway. Wait, and don't worry... Still know that worrying can cause tummy aches... been there! If you are PG, then it will be a blessing and the BEST thing to happen in your life (besides marrying your hubby!) at least for me it was. Again, feel free to bombard me with questions, I will be more than happy to answer them!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 02:03 PM   #25  

Default Hello!!!

Hi everyone! I have a few minutes...did ok with points this weekend-I missed WI though-second week in a row-DEFINITELY have to get there this week...I went wedding dress shopping-that was fun although the sizing is depressing! BUT...I may have found a dress-it just feels too soon so I haven't bought it yet...but I love it!!! And so did my mom and my aunt!!!

OK-responding to people...

Kay: It's definitely too soon to post a positive test...especially if you have long cycles...the pregnancy would have happened in the middle of your cycle...but for over the counter preg tests you need to be at least four-five weeks along...so four to five weeks after the middle of you cycle....or about a week or two after your missed period....so don't worry!

Tilley: Those pics are grreat!! You look wonderful-I can defitiely see those 30#-you should be so proud!!!

Jen-Don't sweat the .4-it's water weight!!!

Belle-Congrats on the virgin fat !!! That's killer! And while I agree with Ali that your prime motivation should be for yourself, but a little added motivation never hurt

Trish: CONGRATULATIONS! And try not to worry...about one third of women have spotting during the first trimester of pregnancy...and having only one previous miscarriage doesn't put you at higher risk this time around! FYI, pregnancy burns 250 added calories a day throughout...and breastfeeding burns 500 calories a day!!!

Kirsty: Congratulations as well, and good luck!!!

Hello to everyone else that I missed! Happy tuesday!
Lori
Old 05-29-2001, 02:25 PM   #26  

Good afternoon ladies!!

WoW!! So much going on!!!

Lori ~ Don't let the sizing of wedding dresses upset you, remember, wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses are two sizes smaller than your norm. No lie!! My wedding dress was a 14, and I was a size 10 at the time!!!!

Lisa ~ Wonderful pics, you look so pretty! I love your dress, looks great on you!!! Keep up the great work!

Ali ~ That is great that you do volunteer work, you should feel good about yourself, helping others.

Brenda ~ Brush yourself off, and start again eating healthy. Weekends are really tough for me, but I am determined to regroup!!

Janet ~ Work hard, but don't forget about us!!

Jen ~ Way to go on the backyard, I bet it looks great! Great day we are having, huh??

Belle ~ That is great about your weight loss, and the virgin territory you are hitting. I am glad you had a good weekend with the bf, I am also happy that your mood is better, the key is taking care of yourself, and not worrying about others!

Kay ~ I hope the results are the way you want! I agree with Jen, having children is the biggest highlight in a person's life. I wouldn't test until a few days after the first day (supposed day) of your period. Those tests are very sensitive. If it doesn't happen this month, then I agree with Kierie, it will be fun trying! My baby is just completing his potty training stage, so no more diapers, his baby days are gone....kind of sad.....no more babies for me....

Kirsty ~ I am praying for you with your next interview! I agree, go with a contemporary suit, that is professional, but feminine. I know you will look great!!

Kierie ~ I am going to check out the website you suggested, looks good!!

Trish ~ CONGRATS!!!! My second pregnancy was high risk, and I was on bed rest for 2 months, very difficult, but worth it in the end! Hang in there, keep yourself busy with activities you can do in bed. I also agree with whoever said, don't let your pregnancy be a license to eat whatever you want...I did that with my first, and it took a long time to lose the 50 pounds I gain with it. Keep lots of fruits and low fat snacks at bedside! The worrying won't go away anytime soon, every time I had a twinge of pain, I thought something was going wrong, it is natural to think that, but remember, you are doing the right things, I am sure the baby will be fine. After my miscarriage, my next pregnancy (the one I am talking about above) was completely normal, and I had a 9 pound bouncing baby boy!

I big "Hi" to everyone I missed!

I must admit that after 1 month of not weighing in, I have gained 7 pounds, I am now past my WW goal, I am 145. It feels good to write it out. But, as of this morning, I am DETERMINED to get it off! So, I started journalling, cooking healthy, low fat meals, and exercise starts tonight!! I have to get the weight off!!! DH is joining me, he has gained about 20 pounds in the last couple years, and he isn't happy with himself either. So, it will be a join-venture!

It is beautiful weather here today, so biking is our exercise of choice tonight. I am drinking my water, and I had a veggie wrap for lunch (skipped breakfast, wasn't hungry), and it is stir fry for dinner.....

Well, better get some work done....check in a little later!

Last edited by TonyaLyn; 05-29-2001 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2001, 05:24 PM   #27  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

This is a quickie b/c i am the resident chef and i just got home without getting lost
woowooo
i stopped at the store on the way and picked up stuff to make a chicken taco salad more salad than taco for this chick chicken simmered in salsa with some yummy veg and ofcourse cheese and chips but less for me

oh and Sorry girls but GO DEVILLSSSSSSSSS
we did get embarrassed at the game saturday so We will redeem ourselves
Still Love Me?
Kierie
Old 05-29-2001, 07:24 PM   #28  
CM
Chick

Trish- Congratulations!! I can't wait to have kids. My best friend was on bed rest for a while, she also had had a miscarriage previously, and she and baby were fine.

Lisa- I like your pictures. That was a cool dress. I know what you mean about the South, went to bf’s family BBQ this weekend and well I’m expecting another gain. Not that I was good the rest of the week but o well.

Anyway just had to post those, I’m feeling kind of fuzzy, I have dizzy spells the doctor can’t figure out and I feel one coming on.

Y’all have a great day.
Old 05-29-2001, 07:37 PM   #29  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Finally have electricity...

After 36 hours without power, it finally came on!! Yippee! We're home now.
Must run, have to unpack. Hopefully I can get online tomorrow at work, but not sure.
See ya'll later
Closed Thread