Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 06:51 AM   #1  

Talking

Ooops! We went on to page 2. Please read the end of it.

Thanks.
Have a blessed day everybody
Old 05-18-2001, 07:00 AM   #2  

Default Alana's Prom Night

Dianne, Alana's dress sounds so pretty. I love the criss cross back. Don't get upset with me but I think it's very sexy. I would be a wreck also. I remember when my son stayed out almost all night, I couldn't sleep. Every car door I heard I ran to the window. All his friends rented a limo & went to the city. My sister has a house in the Poconos. We go up there every now & then. PA is beautiful! Alana will be fine.

Essie
Old 05-18-2001, 09:53 AM   #3  

HI!!!

Dianne,
You will always worry. That is part of being a good mommy. She will be fine. I love the Poconos. We went there on our honeymoon. I loved it.
She will have a great time and the dress sounds beautiful. I love the back.

That ER was something. Oh my! Dr. Green is supposed to leave at the end of next season. I didn't see that coming either. I thought that idiot was going to somehow attack him. He is going to be in so much trouble. Probably will lose his license and will leave. That was some action packed hour wasn't it? That was fun.
I didn't see that ending coming on Friends either.
Wonder who the Father is? Is she still with that young guy? I wish it were Ross. I want them back together. I was hoping that they had a secret little one night stand that we didn't know about. ::I shouldn't say that I have a 15 yr. old girl::
How about Kathleen Turner? That was a hysterical.

How is everyone?
Terri
Old 05-18-2001, 01:59 PM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi guys!

Before watching ER, and after watching Friends, Joe and I took a long walk. We ended up at a neighborhood school and swung on the swings. I forgot how much fun that is.

I'm still laughing over Essie saying she's coming to Illinois and putting me thru Cardio Boot Camp.....then she'll have to call the paramedics! Seriously, a great big thanks to you, Essie, for the pep talk!

Essie, I can sympathize with you about going to the dentist. It's a necessary evil, however. I just finished having work done. As much as I hated going, it wasn't so bad. Be brave!

Terri, I thought Kathleen Turner was hysterical; I love the quirky roles she choses.

I've got a class tomorrow to learn CPR. Later on Jessica and Mike are coming over with the boys, I'm looking forward to seeing them, as usual. We don't have any plans for Sunday yet, probably more yard work...it never ends!

Today is day 2 OP. I've resumed journalling, which is VITAL for me if I want to stay OP.

Enjoy!

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 05-18-2001 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2001, 04:33 PM   #5  

Jen,
That is great that you are learning CPR. I learned yrs. ago and I have to go again. I would hate to be in a situation where if only...
That is so cute about the swings. We do that once in awhile. Awww! To be young again.

Essie,
I hope the dentist was ok. I hate going too but Jen is right. It is never as bad as I think it will be. My poor husband has a phobia.

Hi all!
Terri
Old 05-18-2001, 08:10 PM   #6  

Hi Guys

Boy oh Boy, am I losing it! I got to the dentist on time. After psyching myself all up I HAD THE WRONG DATE!!!!No one there, doors were locked & then it hit me. It's probably May 25th! {{{{errrrrrr}}}}

Terri, my son doesn't want to admit it but he has a phobia also. The dentist had to tell him that all his wisdom teeth have to come out & that they have to put him to sleep. Great Now he really won't go.

Jen, good for you learning CPR. The swinging is really cute. Just like sweethearts. Your welcome about the pep talk Enjoy your time with Jessica, Mike & the boys.

Hi Dianne, Patti & Joyce

Have a nice evening!

Essie
Old 05-18-2001, 10:32 PM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default DUH!!!!

Ok, I'm such a dummy and scatter brain......I ran home late night while Greg was playing golf because I knew there were shows I wanted to see the season finallies (??) of....Friends, CSI and ER.....so what did I do???? I forgot about the Friends show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGrrrrrrrr. I didn't even remember it until I read all your posts here!! I can't believe that I did that. <sigh>

With that said.......I hope you are all having a great Friday night. I will talk to y'all after I get back from the gym in the morning.

Patti <><
(220209/186.5/148
Old 05-19-2001, 06:26 AM   #8  

Zoe, welcome to the club

Terri, which Baker's Cookies are your favorites? I had the double choc. chip which was very good. I'm ordering again & I was wondering should I stick with the choc. chip or should I try a different one?

Be back later.

Happy Saturday
Old 05-19-2001, 11:44 AM   #9  

Good morning my buddies

I'm taking 3 grandchilden (6, 5 and 4) to the aquarium today. That should be fun! I must be out of my mind - if not, I will be by tonite. LOL.

Essie - Sorry about the dentist date mix-up, especially after you mentally prepared for it. Speaking of phobias, when I sit in that dentist chair, my hands actually get clammy and my body gets cold all over, LOL. The dentist does'nt even have to come near me, all I have to do is sit in that damn chair!

Jen - Good job about learning CPR, you never know when that will come in handy. Have fun with your family. We will see the new baby today because we have to pick up her sister for the aquarium visit. Can't wait to see her - she's probably changed so much since we saw her a few days ago.

Terri - Hope Brittany is doing better. How do I get those cookies you guys are talking about? And how many points are they???

Zoe/Patti: Sorry you missed friends, it was a good episode. It was so funny to watch Kathleen Turner as a man and the way Chandler reacted to his "Dad" was hysterical.

Hi to Joyce, Anita and Myra -- where are you guys?

Have a great day everyone,

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 05-19-2001, 02:27 PM   #10  

Patti:
I still have Friends on tape. I still want to watch Will and Grace (even though it isn't my fav.) It is on there so might as well. Will is gorgeous though. I saw CSI too. I thought he was going to be hit with that shovel since it was the last one. whew!

Sorry about the dentist Essie. Here is the reason Bruce has a phobia.
Bruce had to go to a dentist just to get one tooth pulled and he found one that used gas to put him out. He can't handle it. He passed out in the chair when he was a teen while getting a root canal (very bad dentist we found out) and ever since then he has been petrified. That dentist ended up pulling it anyway. His license has been revoked we found out a few yrs. later.
Your son will be fine. Tell him asleep is the best way.
He won't remember anything. Poor thing. Wish him luck for me.
About the cookies: My favorites are:
Raisin chocolate chip
Raisin oatmeal
apple cinnamon

You can get them at www.bakersbox.com
also www.wakeupnsmellthecoffee.com
www.bakersbreakfastcookie.com

the last one takes too long (6 weeks)and you have to order 4 doz.

The bakersbox (where I order them on an 800 no.)
take 2 weeks and you can order smaller amts. but the lower the order the more per cookie. I order 4 doz and it works out to $1.00 per cookie.
They are 5 points per cookie but my hunger is gone for at least 4 or 5 hours. I save points by not snacking.
They used to 1.5 - 3 points until they took a lot of the fiber out and changed the recipe and ww changed the fiber policy to 4 max.

Hope you had fun at the aquarium. You had a mini daycare there. I'll bet they loved it.
Thanks for asking about Brittany. She is finally doing better. She lost 6 pounds since last week. Gotta look at the bright side. Her appetite was back a little today.
That is a good sign.

Hi Joyce and Jen
Terri
Old 05-19-2001, 08:20 PM   #11  

Hello My Friends

Whew what a day. I was without a car most of the day cause Pete needed mine to get to work. His was in the shop getting checked out. It turned out it was the starter. Last week he bought a new battery thinking that was the problem! You all know by now how he loves to go shopping with me. I told him I needed an outfit for tomorrow so he wanted to go. It took me forever to buy a pair of pants (capris)!!!! I tried on size 12, too tight, then 14 was too big. It drove me nuts. Finally, I found a pair that fit just right by Gloria Vanderbilt (14). I'm going to my nephew's birthday party tomorrow. It's going to be outdoors. I never mentioned that my sister is an alcoholic so I'm really not looking forward to this but I have to go. I love my nephew as if he was my own son. He didn't want this but she insisted. She always embarasses her kids. I feel so bad for them. Her husband has given up on her. I'll let you know how it goes. <Sigh>

Terri, geeezzzz no wonder why Bruce gets nervous. What a terrible experience for a 14 yr. old. I'll never tell David that story!!! I ordered 1/2 doz. choc. chip cookies. It comes out to $11.50. Those are 5 pts. Like you said, it holds you for a couple of hours.

Dianne, I hope you had a great time with the kids today Sometimes I take my brother's kids 13, 11, & 7 and they all want to talk to me at the same time. Especially the 7 yr. old. She is sooooo dramatic & cute. She always starts a sentence with "Titi you know what". They make me dizzy after 1 hr.

Terri, buy Brittany a big milk shake. Yummmmm. I think of her all the time.

I'm so tired after all that shopping

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everybody

Love,
Essie

Last edited by livingfit426; 05-19-2001 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2001, 11:08 PM   #12  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Saturday Night

Hi y'all ~

10pm and I'm JUST finished with my laundry and some ironing. <sigh> I'm beat!! Tomrrow afternoon is our company's annual picnic so I'll be out, trying not to eat too much.......

Essie ~ My dentist is great and I'm such a big, big baby when it comes to going to the dentist. He has his "apprehensive" patients, (the adult babies....) come in an hour early and take something....some sort of medication and believe me, I don't worry about a thing! I hope your nephew's birthday is a good one and doesn't get 'ruined'.

Dianne ~ How was the trip to the aquariim? That's always fun with kids that age.

Terri ~ Did you watch friends yet?

Hi to everyone else. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Patti <><
(220)209/186.5/148
Old 05-20-2001, 06:40 AM   #13  

Hello Ladies,

Well, just to let you know my nephew's birthday party was cancelled. To make a long story short, my sis had an argument with her husband & 2 kids, 21 & 23 yr. old, was drunk, they tried to take her car keys but she managed to get in the car. The last I heard was that she was arrested for hitting 2 parked cars. Thank God it wasn't a person and that she's alright. This was late last night. I'm feeling a little depressed over it so I'll be back this evening.

Love,
Essie
Old 05-20-2001, 12:29 PM   #14  

Oh Essie,
I am so sorry! My heart goes out to those kids and you and everyone that has to watch. My sister has a SIL just like that. I always hear about all the problems and it makes me sad too. Why can't everyone be responsible and have a good life. It is hard enough with the everyday things. My prayers are with you.

I got misty eyed when you said you think of Brittany all the time. That was so sweet.
Congrats on the new capris. I still think it so cute of Pete to like shopping.

Patti,
I saw Friends when it was on. It was so cute. O still have to watch Will And Grace.

Hi all!
Terri
Old 05-20-2001, 07:18 PM   #15  

Hi everyone.

I have not had time to post. My DH & I have been building some cabinets, he builds & I stain them.

I gained 2.2 pounds last week. No surprise since I just can't seem to get enough food or rather nothing satisfies me. I'm having the same problem this week. I know I've got to get a grip or I'll gain back all I lost.

We just got back from the funeral of a friend and a former employee of mine. She was only 43. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor a year ago. They gave her 6 mo. but she fought it to the very end and survived for a 1 year. So I'm feeling a little sad and melancholy. I'm going to miss her.

Sorry not to respond to everyone. Hope everyone has a great OP week.

Joyce
Closed Thread