Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 08:31 AM   #16  
SLF

Hi everyone..

Sounds like you had a great trip Brenda. You never know what you'll see in some of the cities, but always interesting. What a great way to get some exercise.

Candice...sure wish I had your energy to work in the yard. Once we get moved this summer, I know I'll have quite a bit to do. The front yard will be landscaped for us, but I'll have the sides and back to do. At least the fall is a good time to plant some shrubs, trees, and some bulbs.

PJ...Has your husband built the moat around your house full of alligators to keep the boys away? Jackie is growing up way to fast! Oh, those fun teen years... I sure hope your tooth gets better soon. The only good thing is not wanting to eat, but that's not a great way to go about it girl... I'll have to give you a call sometime. We are planning a trip to Florida in November I think. I sure would love a chance to visit with you again, although our husbands would never get a word in edge wise.

Good to see you Stel and Emmy. Hope everything is going well for you.

Well, off for those never ending errands I always seem to have to run when I'm not substitute teaching. If anyone hears from Judy, let us know how she is doing. If you read this Judy, you are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Susan
Old 05-22-2001, 10:29 AM   #17  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Just cooking up some beans and veggies for my parrot and then I'm off to do some quick errands and then to the barn. Lots to do there today. Some of the boarders don't think they need to sweep up after themselves and I'm a real stickler for a CLEAN isle way. Anyway, I'm putting up signs that state when you don't clean up after yourself (or your horse)...there will be a $5.00 fee tacked onto your board at the end of the month. Especially since I'M the one who will sweep up after them. There is no way I could stand looking at a mess in the isle way while I'm there.
I should get some sun FINALLY today since I'll be on the tractor for a few hours bringing in shavings and leveling some dirt to put sand in......there's another paddock we want to use for lessons. It's really shaping up. I took some before pictures and will post the during and after pictures when we're almost done.
I haven't been laying out and when I DO work outside, I always have a baseball cap and shades on. So, hopefully I'll get some good color and wont need blush for the rest of the summer. Heh-heh. (yeah Pam, dream on....this face needs all the help it can get at 42)!!!!!!
Anyway, doing well on program and plan on STAYING on too. It really feels good but I also know how easy it is to FALL OFF.
So, I'll bid you all a good day on program....don't sweat the "small stuff" and I hope to "see" you all later....
(I just love this place....and you guys of course because you all ARE this place).
Hugs,
~Pamela~

ps - Penny - Here's a picture of me and my baby back in the 80's. She was a 3 yr. old who I broke and used to take her out with just a rawhide bozel (sp?). Anyway, she was the only western horse I trained. I'm more into english and leg work but I loved this horse sooo much. Wonder where she is now?

Last edited by PJ; 05-22-2001 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2001, 10:25 PM   #18  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Wow~

I just got in a little while ago and before I go to bed, I thought I'd check in. Where are you guys?

I had a very busy day. I'm very sore now and I'm sure I'll be paying for it tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams my friends,
~Pamela~
Old 05-23-2001, 11:07 PM   #19  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Where ARE you????~

Ok......what's up? This is highly unusual for ME to be the only one posting. WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU GUYS????? I need my owl buddies "fix".........Come on guys.........come out, come out wherever you are..........
~Pamela~
As of now....THE VERY GROUCHY OWL........
Old 05-23-2001, 11:35 PM   #20  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Can't Let PJ Play all by herself....

...so I'll drop in for a minute but Iam soooo tired that I HAVE got to bed and soon!!

PJ... I meant to tell you how much I loved that picture of Jackie...quite a beautiful young woman in the making there..mmmm Wonder where she gets it from???
Sounds like the stable work is going well. Sounds like some exercise points to me...

Bren.... i found that Special K Cereal with the berries at Sam's Club tonight..2 boxes were around 5 dollars and I think at the store 1 box was like 3.19 so I saved a little ! And you were RIGHT..it IS VERY good!!!

If any of you are campers they had a great Dutch Oven set at Sam's Club for 34.00. Nice heavy Dutch Oven with lid and a lid remover, a large and medium frying pan and a reversible griddle. DH and I thought it was a great buy...came in a nice wooden crate and has covers for all the pieces ! VERY nice!!

Well I think I am falling asleep...so I better say goodnihgt....Night !

emmy
Old 05-24-2001, 05:28 AM   #21  

Default I have been too tired again to turn the puter on!

Hi Pj and Emmy

Pj got your email and will get that number back to ya soon...We are on central time so that is an hour ahead you right? I don't have to be online to figure this out do I cause we only have one phone line and if I'm online that won't work.

Nice horse..boy I would say you are earning points with all that activity! How is the tooth? I didn't have any probelms this visit so another 6 months..I'm glad, cause I hate going to the dentist!

Emmy...is that cookware you bought just for camping? Sounds like a good deal for 34.00! I can't find the cereal yet but will keep looking.

Made the best tuna cakes last night! I put the recipe under the night owl recipes Tara started. Go check it out! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMY

Last edited by Candicej; 05-24-2001 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-24-2001, 09:55 AM   #22  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

It's a beautiful but warm day here in Sunny Florida!

I'm one sore Mama today. Mowed FIVE ACRES of pasture yesterday and this morning.....found out there are two more turn-outs in the back. LOL.......I LOVE riding that little tractor/lawnmower. We're getting a larger one so I can use different tools to loosen up the sand/soil and keep it neat for the boarders when they go to work out. We're also putting up some flood lights in a few of the rings so we can ride at night. Summer is HOT here for a good 3-4 months so everyone hibernates in the day until around 5 or so.....then you see EVERYONE out and about. It's funny, kind of like bats....heh-heh. Anyway, it will be much cooler at night for both the horses and their riders.
Candice - Yes, I'd say I've earned quite a few exercise points. LOL.......I've got blisters that have since turned into callouses so I got myself a good pair of leather gloves. I have a french manicure that I keep up no matter what! That's my one thing that I do for myself; getting my nails kept up every two weeks.
Today is the last day of school for ALL the schools ...... oh joy Well, atleast I'll be able to sleep in.
I was a little bad last night as per WW program. I did very well for the day and dinner but then had potato chips with FF sour cream. It would have been fine if I had a cup or two. I think I had about 3-4 cups.....
THEN I had a blueberry pop-tart with a glass of milk. What's with me? Maybe I just needed a splurge....I've been doing very well and I'm on my way to the barn just as soon as I'm done here and clean up the breakfast dishes. I'm not going to beat myself up but like I said in my post the other day....it's so easy to "fall off program"......I think I jinxed mself???
And Candice ....yes I did get your e-mail. I printed it out and will try to give you a call tonight. No, you don't need to be online for what we're going to go over.
You'll probably be surprised at how easy it is once you know that basics......it's just like anything else....practice makes perfect.

Well, Bill MIGHT be able to come home tonight (he's in Oklahoma City). He went to the Memorial for all the people in the bombing and said it was very strange because family members and friends have put all sorts of "things" that belonged to the people that were killed on the fence. He said it was a little eary but very beautiful. What an awful thing. The first REAL taste of what most of the rest of this world goes through on a daily basis but I'm not even getting started on that.....I'd take up this entire site.

Ok.....you all have a great day and DRINK THAT WATER. I'll "see" you later.....I HOPE! You bad, bad, bad, owls for not posting.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 05-24-2001 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-24-2001, 09:14 PM   #23  
Teacher chick

Default Don't faint

Hi girls, yes it's me! I have been reading all your posts and I have 2 weeks left of school, then my life is mine again. I wanted to let you all know that I will be back in the saddle very soon. During this time in my life, I went to WW and rejoined. I've lost 14 lbs in 5 weeks. I'm too darn busy to eat. This is graduation weekend. Tomorrow is Mike's last day of high school. I cry at the drop of a hat these days and just seeing his cap, gown and tassle made me all teary. We have 11 relatives coming from all over the country. The graduation is Saturday, on the football field, and it better not rain.

Just wanted to say hi and that I will see you all again in a few weeks.

Love,
Judy
Old 05-24-2001, 09:40 PM   #24  
Is is spring yet??

Hey there owlie buds!!

I am back too Things have quieted down here at home (well sorta). Actually I have just stopped stressing out about it all - I know I can't change my parents and I am dealing with it. Its not easy - but I am doing ok with it. I find I am angry alot when I am home - but I have it in check. I am just angry that my dad is "giving up" and its very sad to me. But I am doing ok.

I just wanted to check in - say Hello and that I have missed you all!

Judy - I was going to email you today - wow its like you read my mind!! I am glad things are going ok at home - enjoy your company this weekend and congrats to your son!! I am sure you are one proud MOMMA!!

I have to run - I am on vacation from work - I don't go back until Tuesday!! I love long weekends

Have a good nite.

Tara
Old 05-25-2001, 04:31 AM   #25  

Default Howdy!

Well, Pj..you sound like quite a farm hand or is that ranch hand! I used to keep my nails up too but then it started driving me crazy...pain when my nails got just a little long so I keep them short now...they grow fast so I am always clipping them. Love the look of a french manicure..I just don't have one!

Hi Judy, sounds like you are busy getting things ready for graduation...I hated having open house and all those people here! Just too much work!LOL My youngest son graduated in 98. Tell your son Congrats!

Hi Tara..glad you are coping with the situation..that is what I had to do with my mom and her health issues. Did ya check out that Tuna recipe I posted? It is just so good

Well the dog couldn't walk with me today, her right leg was to bad(arthritis) She is old and don't know how much longer she will be here. I walked all alone and I missed her!

Last edited by Candicej; 05-25-2001 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-25-2001, 10:34 AM   #26  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Yes Judy - Is WAS a surprise to see you here....but a very NICE surprise. Sounds like you're have a case of the "empty nest" syndrome???!!!!! Awwww, I can understand. Hang in there. He's not moving off the planet and remember.....even when they leave home.....THEY ALWAYS COME BACK......even if it's to do their laundry.

Candice - Yep, I've got a french manicure but they're not my own. I'm too rough on my hands and I like long nails.....so I have acrylic. I've had them for 3 years now and every 6 months I have them soaked off and my nails are still healthy underneath. That's the difference between a GOOD salon and a BAD one.
The "French" isn't even polish....it's white acrylic so I never even chip. Great for people like me who are klutzes and do alot of work with their hands.

Tara - Glad you're dealing with the situation. Keep up the good work. I know it's easier said than done but you seem to have it under control. You go girlfriend!

Bill got home last night around 1am. He's back at work today but they now have 1/2 days on Friday which is really nice for him and since its a 3-day weekend......he's got some time for some good R&R. His job is very stressful and he really needs some rest. Although getting THIS guy to relax is like pulling teeth. I got back on program and am happy to say my tummy is really flattening out FINALLY!!!!!!! I'm also getting a nice tan due to all the time outside. It's nice when you don't have to sit out to get one....LOL.....of course I'm usually covered with dust and dirt so I look darker than I really am until I get home and wash myself up. Heh-heh. Baseball caps or ANY hat for that matter are a real necessity out there unless you want a face like leather and crows feet down to your arm pits. EEEEEwwwwwww......

You all have a great day! I've two birthdays today. My neighbors and Adrienne's (stable owner). Don't know WHAT to get either of them but I think taking Adrienne out to lunch would make her happy and as for Yvonne, well.....her mother bought her a new patio set so maybe I'll get a nice piece of pottery and plant a little garden in it. What do you think? She loves plants and it would look great in the middle of her new patio set.

Bye for now....

~Pamela~
Old 05-26-2001, 04:33 AM   #27  

Default Happy Memorial Weekend

Pj..the acrylic nails don't chip? I don't think I could stand having long nails..years ago it never bothered me but now I don't know. Is the place you are using the tractor near your home? That sounds like a great gift, I know I would like it!

I keep sunglasses on at all times and use one of those visors..hats give me a headache! I'm very light skinned and freckely! Used to torture myslef trying to get a tan by burning my skin even tried a tanning bed, I have an allergic reaction with itchy bumps on my skin when I get too much sun!

Gotta put something in the crock pot for supper..bean soup maybe! It is cool out so that sounds good to me!
Old 05-26-2001, 08:53 AM   #28  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Candice - Yep, they don't chip because there is no polish to chip. They're actually called pink and whites. Meaning pink acrylic as the base of your finger color and white as the "french tip" color. Only difference with mine is that I don't like the pink so I get a more paled natural skin tone and everyone thinks they're real. I go to a Vietnamese family owned shop and they're real sticklers on disinfecting and cleanliness. We even have our own numbers with our names on cards so they use the same utensils for the same person. Obviously they change every few weeks (files, pumice, etc) but they do a great job. I'm VERY picky. If I see one little piece that looks like it's not even or fake, they fix it....but I never really have to because they're that good.
AAAagghhh, sorry......enough about my nails.
I'm so "long-winded" on here at times.

The other day (last day of school for the kids).....I was driving Billy home from school because I had parked in the back lot where the teachers park and saw a little boy fall off his bike and his sister was trying to help him...something just didn't seem right and I turned the car around and pulled right up to them on the grass....turned out it was one of my neighbors kids that I don't know REAL well but I know them just the same. Very nice and polite people. The poor kid had fallen off his bike, his foot was stuck UNDER the bike in a huge fire ant hill!!!! He was hysterical......I started to drive him home because they said his mother was on her way to meet them.....we saw her on the side of the road and I drove them home. I SHOULD have driven them home to the emergency room. INSTEAD, I ran into my house and hot him some hydrocortisone cream....I had a prescription kind so it was strong and then ran back out and gave it to his mother. Well, last night.......the entire family came over with the most beautiful bromeliads in a pot with a thank you card. I was beside myself and of course ....got teary eyed when I saw the hundreds of raised, blister like bites all over this kids right leg. They said he passed out at one point the next morning (yesterday) due to the "trauma" he went through and I suppose it was an after effect reaction. She took him to the ER and they gave him an anti-biotic and a couple of shots. He's Billy's age and you just can't imagine how my heart ached form him when he was in my car and he was screaming. I'm sitting here, scratching myself all over the place just THINKING about it. I've been bit by maybe 25 at the most ONE time and it was awful...I can't imagine what this sweet little boy felt. His name is Franco and his father races in "soap box" derbies. They invited Jackie to go with them next week. Hey...I want to go too! LOL.....anyway, the point of this very long and drawn out post today is to remind you all that things happen for a reason!!!!!!! I normally go the front way and NEVER would have passed him and I also left school 25 minutes later than I normally do. HIS MOTHER left work early because she just had a "funny feeling" that she should....it being his last day of school and all and just decided to leave work early. Cool huh? A little divine intervention if you ask me. So that's my big event this week.
Today we're going to a riding shop "yard sale". They have it once every two years and for $5.00...you get a parking space and a table to sell any tack or anything to do with horses, barns, etc. We're looking for a flat english saddle for the girls and I'm looking for some new britches. You never know what you'll find. So, that'll pretty much be my highlight of the day and then it's back to the barn. Bill is taking Billy to the roller rink. He also promised him that he would get him some wood and make that new ramp he's been talking about for some time but just couldn't get around to it since he kept getting called out of town.
I'll "see" you all later and I hope you have a great day!
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 05-26-2001 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-28-2001, 03:06 AM   #29  

Default Hello Owls

PJ..about the nails.I know the poish does not chip because there is none, but do the nails themselves chip or break? You are such a good samaritan! Always helping people out..your mother raised you well!

The rain has stopped so hope to get the rest of my flowers potted, got the garden uncovered today.

Here is a picture of the stray cat that visited us for a month....made himself right at home on the front proch! Our cats did not like him so it is good that he moved on!
Old 05-28-2001, 10:09 AM   #30  

Default Good morning

Hello ladies. Just spent some time catching up on all the news with the Night Owls.

Candice...love the front porch with the flowers. Where abouts do you live?

PJ: I remember when I visited with you and your family, that I admired your beautiful nails. My nails are long enough now that I started wearing sme nail polish on them. I usually keep them fairly short, because of work. This weekend at work, I got to see some 'divine intervention'. of my own. We had a man come in with a near drowning experience. Another boat was coming right for them and he jumped into the water. Unfortuantely when he jumped in, his belt and jacket got caught in the propeller of the boat. Luckily another boater saw him and jumped in and was able to give mouth to mouth while the fellow was in the water. It seems he had his own guardian angel looking out for him that day. What's ironic, is the previous week the 'drowning man' had just taken a course in safety. Although he didn't use it, it just goes to show you, you never know when you will need it. Another point was that usually the fellow he fishes with decided to stay home that morning, and he was an 80 year old who probably wouldn't have been able to jump into the water and may have been hurt. What a great ending to what could have been a tragic day of fishing.

Still hanging in with the WW thing and back on track. It feels good to be doing it again. Why can't I stay like this all the time. It feels much better at this weight going down, then it was going up.

Have a good day everyone.

SueBee
Closed Thread