Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 07:15 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Hey Ya It's Friday

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted, I have actually been suprisingly busy at work and worked an extra shift at my second job this week.

I ate too much yesterday due to it being my BFs bday... should be the same tomorrow. As myu BF says he never resolves to lose weight until afterhis bday... so I shall follow I guess

Anyway I do miss you gals.

Belle: Yeah your boss sounds like he needs sensitivity training... That's one thing I know I won't have a problem with where I am at. The government is very supportive of mat leave (we get a top-up to 93% of our salary for the full year). But keep a log of any problems or comments and report it if needs be. I am glad your HR rep sounds like a good person/ It's funny, I would love to do the stay-at-home thing, but at the same time, I work in a much more stable area than mypartner does (he's in high tech) so I'll probbaly go back to work and perhaps do a 7-3 schedule and gbet my mom invoolved in the child care etc. Most of us have to work, that's reality.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-14-2005, 09:17 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi Ali!! How are things going? Have you gone back to the doctor again? I'm always wishing you the best and a speedy recovery. I want to join you in the Lifetime club this year. Hope I can!

Jess - Gosh, I think I know what you mean. You know it's best for you to move on. But it doesn't make it any easier. I think it gets easier with time.

As for me... did good yesterday. Followed core / South Beach and did an hour of cardio. I need to start strength training again so I can get those arms looking good for my strappless wedding dress. I'm dreading it though.

Lisa
Old 01-14-2005, 09:37 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Hey guys!

Jess - I know how you feel about wondering about Aaron and feeling a bit empty. The fact is, that in one way or another he's been part of your life, and any breakup (and move-out) is going to be tough, whether it's your choice or not. In this case, it's for the good, but it's still an adjustment. I think you're doing the right thing letting him call you. I doubt he's dating anyone else though. From what you've told us, he tends to get a bit side-tracked and he's probably been fixing his car or something At any rate, you must live your own life and so must he. You might be friends a little easier down the road, but some distance right now is not a bad thing. So, if his not calling is actually intentional, it might be for the best. That's my 2 cents - which is about 3 cents american!

I have to catch up on the other posts from yesterday - I just noticed Jess' stood out.

Ali dahlin! Welcome back! Are you at least enjoying your new job? Sometimes busy is nice. I like a pleasant flow of work. But I am here early today so I can write The problem with my immediate boss is she's a woman! I wouldnt' expect it from her. OH, and yesterday she flat out told me that my counterpart gets $3000 for training this year and I get $700 because I might not come back next year....I was SO FURIOUS last night that I ruined the evening storming around...

Lisa - I found I kind of liked Core. When I get this baby popped out I'll start again (not sure if breastfeeders can do core but I suspect we can since quantities aren't limited as such). I know you'll make lifetime this year

Well teh weather is crap again. -31C, which is up 10C from yesterday. Tomorrow will be -9 and by tuesday 4C (warm - yay). I can't wait for a break in this horrible deep freeze. But happiliy the extreme cold has made for good driving conditions - if you can get your car to start! Lucky we have a garage.

OK I must really get to work now. It's hard when you're unmotivated due to being treated like crap for being pg!

Happy Friday though! Only a few more hours. You lucky easterners are even closer to the finish line.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #4  
Running Babe

Belle: Since I am on the DL I found this for you.

http://www.albertahumanrights.ab.ca/...parent_Eng.pdf

Anyway, I hope your boss gets the sensitivity training she needs.

Lisa: I am a bit up right now, but yah for you Good luck making lifetime. Nope haven't been to my dolc, but I might have to check in soon (just have an unsettling symptom.

Take care!

Ali
Closed Thread