Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 08:44 AM   #1  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Wonderful Wednesday

Okay girls, yesterday was a pathetic display of posting.... let's get posting and losing for 2005!!!!

I know, as much as the other, that we can't always get on and post... but if you're on, say hello!!!!!!!! The motivation really helps!!!

Let's start a weight loss challenge. I'll start another thread and we can post our goals and progress.... what do you think? I mean, I have to lose another 14 pounds by April 17th, which won't be an easy task. I need some accountability. 2005 is the year we're going to be lifetimers? RIGHT? !!

Okay, so I sound like a cheerleader, I know.... but I'm heavily cafinated!

Lisa
Old 01-12-2005, 10:24 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

No one's here??? I'm getting lonely!
Old 01-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #3  
Eve's Mom

I am here! I was away since Sunday but back in action today at the office (and a busy day it is). I would LOVE to join a challenge, but it'll have to be a fitness challenge for me, not weight loss...is that OK??

It's FLIPPIN cold here ... -40C windchill!! YIKES!! I won't be walking outside anytime soon!

I want to share with you girls the challenges I am having being a pregant woman in the office. I have had to deal with comments like I am not ambitious because I want a family (ie: I won't get promoted, despite my amazing performance review), and that no women come back to work. That was from the VP!! Plus I have one girl I work with trying to take stuff away from me now so we dont' have to hand off in 6 months. I said NO - this is my work, I am proud and work hard to get where I am. You can wait til June/July when I am on mat leave like everyone else! It's so bad I am going to talk to HR about it.

The thing is, I know in my heart of hearts, I am not cut out for a stay at home mom. Right now I NEED to work for $$, but I also WANT to work! I want some adult interaction and a bit of a break. Not that I don't love my baby, but that is who I am, and I will be a better mother for it. and I don't need some fat-*** executive (male) telling me I won't come back or I can't do my job because I have a baby at home.

I am really struggling...and I am getting more and more angry. So I am going to HR this afternoon to let them know. even if it's just to get it down on record, you know?

SIGH!!!
Old 01-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello!

Belle--That makes me REALLY mad for you! What is wrong with people? What you're dealing with is discrimination!! Hopefully HR sees it that way, too. Are you talking to a man or a woman? Hopefully you'll talk to a Mommy who empathizes with you.

Lisa--Hey you! I started to post earlier this morning and then work got in the way. I don't know why people think they can interrupt me, it's not they're paying me or anything. Oh wait... And you're absolutely right--this is the year that I'll become a Lifetime member!!

Hopefully things start shaping up, though. I've been at the very top of my pts range (or over) all week. I don't know if it's from being sick last week and not eating or what. I hopped on the scale this morning (early, because my WI day is Saturday--and after I said not to weigh yourself early yesterday) and I was up 3 lbs. I kind of think that it might have something to do with the gigantic pot of chili that I made and the fact that I don't enjoy chili unless it's covered with 6 pts-worth of cheddar cheese. I think I'm going to have to throw it out in order to get back with the program. And really, a big pot of chili is a small sacrifice for being healthier.

Oh, by the way, you'll all be very happy to know that I talked myself into going to the Y last night. I actually did it. And, I even brought the stuff along to go tonight, except that I forgot my ID card. So I'm going to go home and do Pilates. I did Pilates on Monday night, walked last night, and will do Pilates again tonight. I'll probably even go to the Y tomorrow night. And maybe again once this weekend. It's a habit that I just absolutely HAVE to get into.

OK, I have to get work done now. I'll see you later!!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:16 PM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Belle - Jess is right... that IS discrimination. You should talk to your HR rep and tell her about the comments. You don't have to say who, but she can give you some advice.

Jess - AWESOME for you going to the Y last night!!! YAY JESS! I missed my workout this morning... slept through it, so I'm going to do the bike in the basement when I get home. WE BOTH are going to reach lifetime in 2005! I can feel it. I know that you can do it. I have no doubt in my mind. And you don't have to give up the chili. I do the same thing... I'll eat too much of a low-point dinner, and it's no longer low points. So I've been making just enough for FI and I to have a meal... that way we can't keep munching on it, after we'd had our portion.

Let's get to goal in 2005!!!! I'm now going to be a cheerleader! Woo hoo... let's go!

Lisa
Old 01-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Belle Talk to your HR person I agree with the laies that bad news Veep should be disciplined sorry i wasn't around yesterday I was funktastic I'm in the middle of studying again for my drivers written so i can't stay long
DH is considering doing WW with me or maybe i can just get him to go to the meetings b/c he only has to lose 20 and I know i need someone to be gungho with me
Jess you rock I'm proud of you!!
Hey Lisa work those pompoms girl!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:34 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

OK I did it. I told her EVERYTHING. She was appauled and upset for me. I didnt' want her to approach them directly, so she is doing it in a "roundabout" way. She is having a meeting with my boss to say "Hey, this is your first mat leave, let's talk about how it works and what the responsibility of the company are, etc". She is doing up a form with tips and requirements on it.

I am really happy that I had it recorded though. I told her if any other comments or treatment ensue, that I want her to sit with me and my boss and we'll discuss in real detail. Right now, the course might make my boss say "hm, maybe I am not acting appropriately". Plus, my butt is covered if I come back after a year and don't get treated well or let go! I told her bluntly about that as well. Lucky for me, her boss (Manager level) is a mom and just got off her OWN Mat leave, and she is very protective and understanding about this stuff! Yay. I am glad I did something...I'll sleep better.

But you guys, isn't it sad that it is 2005 and this is what young women deal with??

Anyway, no one said if I am allowed to play with your challenge! I really want to record my food and ensure proper nutrition, as well as manage my workouts! I won't get to goal in 2005, but I can get to goal in early 2006 and I want a healthy baby and healthy me!
Closed Thread