Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 08:53 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking Monday Woohoo

Ok so I'm trying to Motivate hence the WOOHOO I have an interview today so I'm going to kickarse
I taught myself PowerPoint over the weekend so that goes on the resume
I also finally got the right walker!!! after they delivered the wrong one a second time we just drove to the store.
Yesterday I worked out for 25 min to a toning video and walked for a half hour
The only thing i have to work more on is being OP which is very hard esp with my husband.
One More Cup of coffee and I'm ready to Roll!
bbl
Kierie
Old 01-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!!

Good morning, Kierie and everyone about to post!!

I missed you guys!! I spent most of last week at home with the mother of all sinus infections. I could have posted from home, but I didn't get out of bed much. On the bright side of that, I also didn't eat much because it would have required getting out of bed. On the REALLY bright side of that, I lost 8.5 lbs. I'm guessing that I made a mistake somewhere, but heck, I'll take it.

I'm starting to fall into the groove of WW again and identifying some of the same struggles that I had before. I don't have any problems staying OP during the week. It's the weekends that are hard for me. Saturday night, I was feeling lots better and was tired of just sitting around bored in my apartment. So, rather than going to the Y and working out, I called my neighbor to go out to dinner. We went to a Mongolian grill and I couldn't just get veggies. Oh no, I had to have mostly noodles with a few veggies and beef tossed in. And I couldn't leave it at that. We rented movies and I stopped at the grocery store and bought a bunch of junk food. I bought so much that I couldn't eat it all that night, so I spent most of yesterday polishing it off. Aaron came over to pick up the last of his stuff and I had him pick up Burger King for me. Grrrrr!!!!!!!

Another thing I'm struggling with is my exercise. My neighbor and I had talked at one time about helping each other diet, about walking every night, etc. But now I think she's not as into it as I am. I keep thinking that she and I are going to go walking, so I don't go to the Y right after work and then we don't end up walking and I don't like to go by myself at night. So, I decided to just assume that she and I are not walking and exercise by myself. Then, if we end up going, I get two walks in. Yay!

So, that's what's going on here. I'm going to go get some work done. See ya!!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:35 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Jess maybe if she see's you walking she'll get inspired I keep getting onoto DH to exercise but he won't my weekend was bad food wise we went out to dinner on Saturday and the ppl we were with got loaded fries with cheese and bacon
UGH
I think next time i'll get something that comes with salad to battle the evil grease cravings
Old 01-10-2005, 09:57 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Hopeful

Morning gals!

Ali - re the other thread, its good to hear you got encouraging news. I know what you mean about taking it slow. In October, November and the first half of December it was like I was going 90 mph with no fuel. Working 60 hours a week, I was taking a grad class, and I had tons of pressure on me at work. I also had a viral infection for about 6 weeks and I never took a day off of work when I was sick. That was when I found out I had to get my tonsils out. When I got them out, school was over, I was out of work. It was like someone pulled the e-break. I think now I'm somewhere inbetween but I don't want to get too overwhelmed again.

Kier - UGH PowerPoint. They use that ALL THE TIME here. Its so weird because when you go to a presentation, its always slides. Makes me feel like I'm being treated aa a child or something and I wouldn't understand unless they show me in PowerPoint. I hate that! I'm sure PowerPoint can be used for good things tho.

Jess - I had the same experience with a friend and walking a while back. Figured out if I wanted to do it, I had to do it on my own. DH is really good about walking/jogging with me if I ask him too, though so at least I have a backup sometimes.

This weekend I was pretty good. I went over my max by two points Saturday, but I didn't sweat it. I can tell I've lost some weight. My first weigh in is tomorrow morning but I HAD to peek this morning, and the scale said I was down 3.2. Yay! I know I didn't really have the "water weight" that most people lose in the first weight because even though I wasn't following WW really, I never stopped drinking my water and eating veggies. So tomorrow will be the official WI, but I had to peek hehe.

Other than that, this weekened was pretty good. Friday we stayed in. DH wasn't feeling too good. Saturday we were in all day. We were going to go see some bands play that night in Boston but instead decided to go to Dave and Buster's in Providence. Its a restaurant/bar/arcade place. Even though DH wanted to eat (and did!) and drink (he did that too!), I only had water and a salad since I was already in my min-max range.

Yesterday I went to the movies with a friend. Say "Meet the Fockers". It was hilarious! Even funnier than the first. I had a low-fat soft pretzel at the movies and a diet pepsi.

So I'm doing really good now, but it is only my first week. I'm really committed. I know some day coming up, I won't feel as committed and I'll slip. I'm really afraid of that. I'm hoping I can keep up the good work...we'll see.

Last edited by modkittn; 01-10-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:32 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lori woohooo! you're kickin arse lady
I forgot I weighed in this week and miraculously lost a pound
198 ITS GOING DOOOWN
I just have to put it on my ticker now
Old 01-10-2005, 12:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hey! Well I'm alive, sorta.. I've been having a really hard time with 2005 already, I'm hoping this isn't a forcast for the rest of my year.. and I'm going to do my best so that it's not! Work has been really sucking, and I'm thinking I'll get another job, and possibly go back to school in the fall. The girls at work, well I'm convinced they really hate me, they are sometimes very sweet, but other times, grr. Anyways, while I'm re-evaluating things I'm not very good company, so I'm going to be MIA for the next few weeks/months. I will definitely be back when things are so "ugh". Take care, and keep up the great work.. I see a few of you have lost some weight, congrats

-Aimee
Old 01-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

This weekend was tough. Really tough. It was my first week of South beach. The first 3 days were fine. Not hungry… didn’t really feel deprived. But Saturday was like torture. I wanted bread, I wanted pasta, I wanted muffins and cookies. I think South Beach is a lot like WW Core, but the first two weeks, there's NO carbs, then you start adding the good ones back in.

Saturday night I dreamt I went out to dinner, and my dinner came with mashed potatoes and garlic bread. So I just ate the meat off my plate and I was fine. Then, all of a sudden all these desserts appear. An enormous cake and a plated piled high with cookies. Then the waiter brings out a bowl of whipped cream piled about 2 feet high. I woke up wanting sweets.

So I got on the SBD Phase I recipe thread and found the peanut butter cookie recipe. It was great and really helped, although I ate 6 cookies in one day…

Even now, I want to eat all the carbs I see. I never crave donuts and all of a sudden I can’t get donuts out of my head.

Kierie!!! Good luck on the job. I'm sending job vibes right to you!

JESS!!! Hey babe! I'm with you. You can only count on yourself... because the second your exercise buddy cancels, it's like a license to sit on the couch.

Lori - 3.2 pounds is just awesome. Good for you! I'm hoping for a big loss tomorrow too, I guess we'll see.

Aimee.... you are wonderful company. We're here for each other even during our cr@ppy times. In fact, that's when we need each other the most. Gosh, that sounded cheesy .... but it's true!

Oh, and by the way. FI is on the diet with me. His weigh in days are Mondays and he lost 8 POUNDS!!!! Boys are so lucky!
Old 01-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lisa OMG lol that sounds just like my sbd experience I was ok then all of a sudden I wanted Sugar to the point where i saw sugar free chocolate in the store and ran to it
I opted out but i was doing it alone
The interview went well! I'll post details later
Love
Kier
PS AIMEE don't you dare leave! we need you and you need us i don't care if you're OP or not!
Old 01-10-2005, 04:23 PM   #9  

Happy Monday everyone,
So far so good. I'm waiting for the honeymoon to be over and my committment to losing this weight to be gone again. I'm generally pretty good as long as I am seeing results. We'll see how things go this time.

I worked all weekend, so staying OP was pretty easy for me. Won't be so easy when I'm not working. Weekends have too much temptation.

Tilley, good luck on SBD. . I tried it once, LOL I'm a carb junkie and couldn't stay with it. My best friend on that diet was the flax meal muffins. . . tricked myself into believing they were the real thing. I think that I sabatoged myself though, cause I enjoyed peanut butter a little too often

Hope everyone is having a great day
Old 01-10-2005, 04:50 PM   #10  

Hey Ladies.... sounds like everyone is either on track or getting on track for the week.
Weekends are horrible for me. I'm hoping to get out of my university party mode soon (graduating this year!!). Its really putting a damper on my WW efforts. However, after having a few drinks on Friday night I opted for a veggie pita rather than poutine (fries w/cheese and gravy) on my way home from the bar, so at least I still had a little sense. I think I need to start exercising more so I can enjoy my weekends a little more, I'm doing the points range where I can bank my exercise pts. That worked well a few yrs ago.

Ps.... anyone know how many points one of those red baby belle cheeses are??
Plus is there anyone not going to meetings and just trucking along by themselves/with the message boards?? I am....Damn weight loss is HARD!!!

Samira
Old 01-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #11  

Sam, I contemplated doing the meeting thing this time around. . but its just so darn expensive. Just trudging along with the info I have and the wealth of info available on the computer
Good luck
Old 01-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Sam: I gave up Poutine's in 2000 the day I joined WW. Well to be honest I never gave it up, I just haven't eaten it since. What are you studying? I lost during my last year of Uni.

Lisa: I did the two week thing and it's tough, but did help with the sweet tooth again.

Wenwella: I know, the busier I am it almost seems easier to be OP.

Aimee: Stay!!! Vent all ya want

Lori: Yup, I am getting reaquainted with my Blockbuster card Yup...sometimes life forces us on a break.

Jess: I say exercise for you and if she wants to walk join her... Hey an extra walk probably won't do any harm.

Anyway, I am doing okay... tired but okay.

Cheers!

Ali
Closed Thread