Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 11:54 PM   #16  
Net browser

Default ....WTG Trudy....

Trudy Good for you for getting UNDER your goal weight. It was really nice seeing you today at Tea Time too, especially since we missed last week.
I went to WW too. "ALAS" I gained 1.4#. My only excuse is I ate too much. I'll try harder this week.
Maria Happy Anniversay to you, and enjoy your dinner out.
Peggy Thank you so much for acknowledging that I work my poor fingers to the bone with all the stuff I have to do. LOL LOL
Glenda of course I will remember little Gabe in my prayers too. I hope the little munchkin will be ok.
Well night all, "talk" to you tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2001, 12:05 AM   #17  
Net browser

Default ...Oops Hi Ann

Hi Ann
It looks like we were posting at the same time. At our WW class, if you are at your goal weight (or 2# over)
you get weighed the first time in a calendar month. You can attend as many meetings as you wish free of charge after that for the rest of the month. However, if you are more then 2# over your goal weight you pay each time, until you are back to within the 2#. I think that is like yours...right?

LOL, what's "salties".

Night Ann.

Last edited by slavika; 05-02-2001 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-02-2001, 12:59 AM   #18  

Default just checking in quick

Trudy we as Leaders get guidelines for our meetings we can use them or not and just wing the topic. I thought the scale meeting was important so I used it as did your leader. Sometimes the topics are boring so I find something else.

Ann the rule here is if you are over goal by more than 2 pounds you pay each time you walk through the door. After you make goal again then each month you weigh in at goal you can attend as many meeting as you want free. Does that help?

Got to go to bed.

Karen
Old 05-02-2001, 08:24 AM   #19  

Yea, I lost 2 lbs this week. If I were only like all of you I would be so much closer. I have about 35 more to go - 40 for personal. Maria Happy Anniversary - have fun today. I know you will go someplace nice. I am trying to picture Trudy on her exercise ball as she sits at the computer. Somehow that leaves me lol. I know I would be rolling on the floor. Have to ask my son about them. He works with patients in physical therapy and puts them thru exercises and I know they use those balls. Yes we are going to New Orleans in the heat of Juyl. There are 3 couples and one of the girls works in a school cafeteria and for some strange reason she is not allowed to take off during the year so we go around her schedule. We went to Cancun in August years ago and that was the hottest I have ever been. This is how dumb we were - we arrived in jeans- the rooms were not ready and the lobby was not air conditioned. Glenda I will say a prayer for little Gabe. It is so heartbreaking to see little ones in the hospital. Let us know how it turns out. Don't they have such cute things for babies now? It almost makes you want to have another one - I said almost. I have to go paint now. She brought me some glass to paint on. Can't wait to try it. That kind of stuff is in all the stores now. You paint it then bake it and it becomes dishwasher safe. Have a thin day, Peggy
Old 05-02-2001, 09:27 AM   #20  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: Good for you getting under your goal weight! You can get to you personnel one to so go for it! Im cheering for you!

Ann: That suprises me about the meetings and Lifetime. I know at my meeting Lifetime members can attend any time they want. They only have to WI once a month, and pay only if they are over. Actually any member can attend any meeting they want. They just have to pay the once a week fee. When I have needed extra WW air I have gone to 2 meetings in a week and only paid for one. And I know others that have done it to.
Yep eat Kashi all the time. Like the Kashi Go lean Bars to.

Slavika: You Poor overworked person. I promise to start the new thread when its time. It is a tuff job but I will help when I can. Glad you 2 had a good Tea time! Think it would be so fun if all of us were closer.

Peggy: Good for you! 2# is great! Youll get there. So just keep hanging in there.
I love looking at the new baby clothes to. They really do have some really cute things now. Course they always did.

Have a good day all!
Old 05-02-2001, 11:11 AM   #21  
Member Florida Chick

Good morning all-

Slavika- A 'Saltie' is an ocean going ship. Most of the other ones is the Seaway are what are called 'Lakers" They just travel the Great Lakes and the River. Sometimes they would take a pilot but they were not required by law to do so. The 'Salties' are all foreign ships, and had to have a pilot. Many of them had crews who didn't speak english at all. I know Phil had some interesting jobs.

Thanks all for the meeting info. That is the way I understood the rules, but we have one lady who thinks that since she is a lifetime member, and is 20lbs over her goal weight, that she still sould be able to come to other meetings after the first of the month WI and not pay. That is what caused all the discussion.

Lily- I think Kashi is a California product. I haven't tried anything that I didn't like. I can't get my DH to eat the pilaf tho' I have to disguise it. I think my favorite is the Go-Lean Cereal.But I do like the Kash Krispies made from the Puffed Kashi, for a low point treat.

I've finally decided that with my CRS problem, I have to take notes as I read the post or I lose track of who said what. So if I respond inappropriately I hope you'll give me a break.

A tour of the River Plantations around New Orleans is a great trip. There are some out-standing houses there. Certainly shows the way of life before the Civil War. And a day trip on one of the big River boats is good too. We took a guided tour while there and found it of great interest. And of course, the night life around Bourbon Street is unique. I liked being able to sit in an outdoor cafe and listen to Dixieland jazz. Lots of street musicians. We were there when it was hot also, but you manage. Lots of sunscreen and air-conditioned shops.And comfortable shoes of course.

Prayers for little Gabe.

It's nice Slavika and Trudy can get together. It would be fun to meet in person. Will check back later with pencil in hand.Ann
Old 05-02-2001, 02:56 PM   #22  
Life Time 2001

Ann: If you open up notepad from your computer. You can then read and then go to notepad and type. Makes it really easy. Its under Start/Programs/ Accessories.
Old 05-02-2001, 05:51 PM   #23  

Lily you are just too smart. Thanks for this little trick. I just came from my walk and there were little baseball players like Slavika's gs. They were cute and were more interested in playing in the creek than baseball. Peggy

Last edited by painter5; 05-02-2001 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2001, 07:31 PM   #24  

Default How clever am I............

G'day all,

Just when I thought how clever I was setting up my new computer, Lily comes along and gives the brilliant advise of using Notepad.
I have the same problems Ann, I sometimes take notes but this is so much easier.
Well I still think I am very clever getting myself hooked up with my service provider again and loading all my programs back onto this new one. I already notice how much quicker it is.
Trudy I think you are very clever if you have only recently started using computers. In my previous life (working full time as a sales manager) I used computers a lot and went to heaps of courses that the company provided. I have been very fortunate having had that training. I don't think computers are that difficult to use once you know it!!! When doing the Adobe Photoshop course, I learnt so many things that were soooo simple once you knew them. Dreamweaver is a very powerful program to create webpages 'easily' (when you know how). I have used Frontpage but this is supposed to be much better. I bought the software for future s-i-l and we share it.
Lily you are probably right, I might just start a page with my photos and go from there. I love craft work, gardening and travel so I could perhaps expand it in those directions.
I had a great day yesterday, I bought the outfit for my daughters wedding. It is by a designer I would never have dreamt I could afford to buy. There is a factory outlet here in Sydney and I went there and found the ideal outfit for a fraction of the full price.
There is a catch, I can squeeze myself in but it would be very uncomfortable so more incentive to loose this weight. I have till January 26 2002.
Glenda if I come across as whinging at times about my life, I really don't mean to and I do realise how fortunate I am. I do miss home though at times.
Talking of my life, we are on the move yet again!!!
We are moving to Melbourne Friday week for 6 weeks. As you know my daughter lives there so I am really looking forward to seeing her a little longer than during a quick sojourn.
I am justing starting to get used to Sydney and find my way about, never mind we have learnt lots how to cope with the continual change in our lives and how to appreciate our opportunities.
We went out to dinner last night for our anniversary. We went to a Mongolian restaurant. Don't know if you have them where you are but I loved it. You fill a bowl with your choice of meat, veggies, sauces etc. then it is instant put on a very hot drum (no oil) and is more or less stirfried for a few minutes and voila, there is your meal. I thought it was great because I could really control the amount of meat and veggies.
Worth going again.
I have gone on long enough again
Have a great day
Cheers
Maria
Old 05-02-2001, 09:29 PM   #25  
Net browser

Default ...rats, my dishwasher sounds like a train

Hi Everybody
I thought my dishwasher was sounding a little pitiful yesterday and right now it sounds like the Orient Express is running through my kitchen. I have had it serviced in the past (of course) but I checked to see how long I've had it and couldn't believe it...since 1992. DH thought he was being funny, and said, "see how time flies when you are having fun".

Saw my friend today for lunch and just a bit of shopping. I thought if I saw a nice pair of jeans I would buy them, but will have to go to a bigger mall to look. I did buy a new belt, to wear WITH jeans tho. I also bought something at Wal-mart called Team Tassels. You buy little baseballs, footballs, soccer balls etc made by the "Wrights" sewing supplies and ribbon in the team colours you want. You then make little tassels, by attaching the ribbon to the holes they provide in the balls. I thought my grandbabies would like them. I'll make one for the great "baseball player" and one for the Princess who is playing soccer again this year. They are made to hang off the zippers on jackets or on backpacks.
~~~~ Peggy ~~~~~WTG with the 2# weight loss. You gals are running circles around me. My goal weight is 150#, and I think I was 157# yesterday.
It sounds like you do a lot of different crafts. Do they mostly involve painting?
Lily hi there. You sure are using some cute avatars lately. I noticed today when I shopping that there really is a lot of wrap skirts out this season.
Ann was your husband gone for long periods of time on the ships? Tea Time for all of us......... Trudy and I probably talk about you gals on this board more then you do about the two of us because we both "KNOW" you.
Maria I also think you have a lot of computer knowledge. I have never taken a computer course, but both my Son and Trudy's daughter graduated from University with Computer Science degrees and they teach us some things (or at least get us out of trouble). When Trudy learns something new she shares with me, and if I "EVER" learn something, I'll share with her. Lily too, has bailed me out more then once.
Ok, gals, talk to you all tomorrow. Night.
Old 05-02-2001, 09:37 PM   #26  
Super Surfer

Default ....you will have to be an "early bird"...

Lily... If you want to "help" Slavika by starting a new thread, you will have to get up at the crack of dawn ~ have you ever noticed the exact time she starts these threads? Hmmmmmm? You come to our aid so many times concerning the PC... you really know so much about it. Thanks for the Notepad trick.
Maria What is the outfit you will be wearing to the wedding like? That is teriffic incentive to lose those dreaded lbs. I have never worn my outfit since my DD's wedding, thought I would. I have never tried Mongolian food. After the 6 weeks in Melbourne do you go home?
Ann when is the best time to travel to New Orleans, is there a rainy season we should avoid?
Peggy are you driving to New Orleans? There was a lady on the Shopping Channel who was showing how to paint on glass. It really looked nice.

I worked out at the gym this morning and went out for lunch and then shopping in the afternoon ~ my kind of day. Geri are you still reading the posts at your gym? Let us know what you are up to.

Well, good night all.... ....
Old 05-02-2001, 09:45 PM   #27  
Super Surfer

Default ..we were posting at the same time..

Slavika.. when I was downtown today I was looking at the demin clothing, and there weren't any jeans with pleats. Guess you will have to try the other malls, but if you see something grab it because they are far and few between. I don't know who the manufacturers are making clothes for. All the tops had lycra in them and sure weren't flattering when I tried them on.

Good night again
Old 05-02-2001, 10:43 PM   #28  

Lily I don't mean to confuse you. I meant that A life time member pays for the meeting if she over 2# of her goal she then can attend as many meetings that week as she wants .That also applies to current members. But then if she wants to attend a meeting the next week she has to pay if she is still over goal just like the current members. The only thing different is that a lifetime member never has to pay for missed meeting. As soon as a lifetimer is back at goal she no longer pays. Had to give some one her money back tonight. Did that make more sense. I get befuddled sometimes when I try to explain thing like this.

Peggy weigh to go on your 2 pounds

Slavika I think I would roll over and die if my dishwasher broke. Maybe I should keep a spare??
Old 05-02-2001, 10:44 PM   #29  
Life Time 2001

Maria: You do know alot about puters. If you can set one up and get the programs on it!
Thats alot of knowledge right there. Moving again? Dont know how you do it. But at least this time you will be close to your daughter. And that will be fun!
Think you got a good idea for your page going! Yes I have been to Mongolian Barbeque befre. Its great because you can control what you get and it is really good.

Slavika: Yep sounds like its time for a new dishwasher. Wish they could last forever but they never do. Those Team Tassles sound really cute. Your grandbabies are gonna love them!

Trudy: No I never did notice how early she started them, until now. Shes on her own then! Im driving to work at that time!

Peggy: I know those kids are so fun to watch! I really get a kick out of them!

Ann: I have not seen the Kashi Krisps you mention. I will have to look for them. I did not care for the Puffed Ceral at all tho. Are the Krisps different than that ceral? Or is it something you make from the cereal?
Old 05-03-2001, 06:55 AM   #30  

Go to thread #113. I beat Slavika to it. Peggy
Closed Thread