Old 09-28-2004, 09:06 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Lurkers Come Out Tuesday!

Back in a sec to post properly.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:22 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Morning all,

Still waiting to hear from the job (they told me they'd call today so my fingers are crossed), and I have an interview this evening. I am getting a cold... I actually had about 3 points worth of chocolate yesterday... I needed it, I was given it Sunday so the fact I waited to Monday made me proud..

Anyway y parents have accepted an offfer on their house, but it's conditional right now... Still sad about it. Thanks for the support yesterday, it's good to know I am not the only one to ever go through this.

Jess: Hey!! how are ya? I am going for my colpolscopy this afternoon!

Ali
Old 09-28-2004, 09:36 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Lurkers come out and post today!!

I've been lurking off and on lately, and thought I'd come out of hiding today. I've binged my way to weigh more than I did when I first started WW and I decided to really do something about it. Here's what I've decided to do. First, I'm going to stop eating all the time. I'm going to stop dealing with problems by eating, and I'm going to start exercising again. After I get control of my eating, I'm going to start worrying about fruits/veggies, water, milks. But right now, I just want to concentrate on eating less and dealing with my problems more.

It sounds like everyone is busy--Belle, I can't believe that your wedding is almost here!! Ali, I hope that you don't have to go on strike, but it sounds like it's pretty likely to happen. Kier--It sounds like you've got a lot going on. And it sounds like you're enjoying married life.

I hope you guys don't mind if I post what I ate yesterday here. I didn't want to start a journal thread in case I don't journal well...

B--Animal Crackers because I forgot breakfast 5
L--WOW Doritoes 2
3 Tbsp LF chicken salad 3
Hamburger Bun 3
D--Popcorn 3
Points used: 16
Activity: Firm CardioSculpt

I didn't journal yesterday, so I didn't know how few points I had. I'll have to be better about that from now on.

OK, I better get some work done. I'll stop in later, hopefully.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:38 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Ali--Best of luck with your colposcopy! It'll be over before you know it. I'll be thinking of you!!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:52 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Hi Jess, Welcome back! It's good to see you... I am starting to try my darndest not to stress eat right now.. I have been moderately successful (no full blown binging), but still haven't been 100%. I am learning though and trying to move myself forward so that I don't but I know it's hard... Thanks for the words on the colpolscopy.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 09-28-2004, 10:26 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Jess! You have come out again!! Hello and welcome back. It's hard to come out from hiding, but I am sure you're back for good and will do well. I think your plan is a good one. Getting your portions under control is important. Maybe clean out your pantry/fridge next week and then make a monumental trip to the grocery store! It's nice to "see" you again.

Ali - stress eating is my pitfall as well, and lets face it, you have lots on your plate (so to speak, of course). You are dealing surprisingly well. I know just how you feel about the house - I went through that twice (the first house we lived in til I was 14, then the second from 14-24) it was really hard, both times. Plus, there is the worry about your parents, your colpolscopy and your job. My fingers and toes are crossed that you get the job you want! Hope your cold goes away fast - everyone here is sickly too - and I feel a sore throat as well...crumby.

Kier - I can't stand shopping with no buying....I know if I find something I REALLY like, I'll buy it, without question...but stuff I am wishy-washy on I won't buy. I just seem to REALLY like quite a bit of stuff You are such a busy girl, really, I get tired reading your posts (for you of course). Do you think life will slow down? I thought post-wedding everything came to a grinding hault?? Speaking of your wedding....I STILL have not seen any pictures - did I miss any when I was out of town or have you not scanned anything yet???

SWIM - I won a modelling thingy for a place in Vancouver and if I'd lived there I would have taken it. I think you should pursue it while you're young. tHe world needs more gorgeous and "real" models!!

I am still trying to shrink my engagement pic for you all to see....I'll try to post it today.

Adios amigas! BBL
Old 09-28-2004, 10:58 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Belle: hey! I am trying to get my BF to go to Sears with me to get some photos done... I'd like some nice photos of us... Ionly have about 3 photos of us together!! It's pretty sad, so I will take photos by the truck load this fall Yup, I do have a lot on my plate and I am coping... I am mostly eating okay (asides from contsantly fitting 2 points worth of grapes into 1 point) and isn't this what are lifestyle changes are about? We're learning to eat well so when things get rough we don't fall too far away from shore.. Ideally I wouldn't use food at all, but seriously, I feel zero guilt for the wto pieces of Laura Secord I had last night.... They were good and relaxed me (man, I am a bad influence I think).. My therapy was certainly worth the $600 it cost (I didn't go for too long).

Aimee: Shopping!! Yah, I love shopping! I need more pants though

Kierie: my only worry about working in retail... the temptation of all the other boutiques (oooo body shop make-up, crosstrainers, necklaces, cute tops).

Cheers!

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 09-28-2004 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:35 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies!
JEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS Hello my darling lady! You are back with a vengeance and you're going to kick some serious arse. Sometimes I think we set ourselves up to binge ie we're too strict foodwise stress gets us wacktacular and so on
<b> it's Nothing to be ashamed of!</b> its done and don't ever feel like because you're eating is out of control that you can't post here because well
We like you and we want you to stay!
Although this forum has diet as its major topic Its also a place to come and let off steam
I'm as guilty as anyone about falling off the proverbial wagon and fading out for a while
but you don't have to
no ones going to shake a finger b/c you had cookies last night or whatever instead of brocolli
I had delicious dulce de leche icecream
Don't tell DH it was on par with sex
Belle Those @%@%#^^ at the photgraphers gave us our pictures as an excuteable program! so for the moment I can't post them
BUT we have some evil geniuses working on the software to see if we can extract them
Ali
good luck with the colposcopy, I've always wanted to do Sears pics it seems so cute and spur of the moment even if its discussed
I was so exhausted today I slept until noon
so I just had breakfast and I'm going to Sweat to the oldies soon
I made really great burritos last night (ofcourse i forgot to grease the pan) I'll post the recipe tho I think i used more chicken than I was supposed too DH inhaled it and I liked it too!
Old 09-28-2004, 03:49 PM   #9  

Hi everyone! I'm home today b/c DD is sick...am trying hard not to raid the fridge-there is something to be said about going to work where there is no fridge!!!

Hi Jess!!!! Welcome back!!!!
Ali-A whole day with chocolate in the house before you ate some!! You go, girl! That's some tremendous willpower! Good luck with the colpo.

Kier-I also hate window shopping-it's like torturing myself with what I 'could' have-why bother??? Happy sweatin'!

Belle!!! How are you doing with all the wedding stuff??? Are you ready? Did you have the dress fitting yet???
Old 09-28-2004, 04:39 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Lori
It wasn't bad because we weren't in an actual store I can shop in. . .Most of my friends are tiny
Is your daughter ok?
I'm off to concoct something delicious with leftovers!
oh god I sound like I'm in family circle
Closed Thread