Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 08:33 PM   #1  

Default WW Feisty & Sexy 50-60 yr old #30

G'day all,

I have had a bit of a trying time for various reasons however this morning I am BACK to normal!
I have to report a slight increase in weight but again this WILL be reversed and thank you for the great looking recipes Lily

Karen & Ann I hope you have come through unscathed again with the last hurricane. It is quite unbelievable to have 4 hurricanes in one season.

Trudy allergies....what a nightmare. I seem to have my hayfever under some sort of control by using Becenaze. I used it before, many years ago, to no avail but this time it is making a difference. I hope you get some answers.

Glenda the more one witnesses some of the horrors in the world, the more you realise how very lucky we are.
The most uplifting thing I have recently seen was on the Oprah Show when she gave away all those cars and made some other dreams come true for some of her guests. How fantastic to use her wealth in such a positive way.
Another person I greatly admire is Andre Aggasi and the real difference he is making with the setting up of his school for the underpriveledged.

Now Peggy we are all getting a bit worried about you, please let us know all is well.

For all the grandmothers here, yes I am sure it will be wonderful when dh and I will become grand parents in mid May next year.
The book I bought for the expectant parents was very well received, they just loved it.
I had to do a bit of shopping yesterday and had a look in the baby department, boy things have changed, what a huge variety of gorgeous baby things are now available.
I have to be very careful, dd is very homesick again, she would love to have a baby but financially it probably is not such a good idea at this moment.
I have to play it all very low key about her brother becoming a father AND that they live in Adelaide!
She is very pleased with our little bonding of both getting a nose piercing.
Just to clarify to you all, it is NOT a nose ring, it is the tiniest little diamond that really looks like a fleck of a sparkle on the side of my nose.

I have to get going, lots to do.

Cheers
Maria

Starting weight: 94.9 kg
goal weight: 72 kg
todays weight 85.8 kg
.4 UP from last week
total loss till now 9.1 kg

Last edited by flaggies; 09-27-2004 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:30 AM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

Just a quick hello to let you know all is well. We got our power back liast night at Midnight. Nice to have the AC back. We lost a few more shingles, but otherwise not major problems. Some of the folks in our park were not as fortunate. We feel very blessed. Will write more later when I have more time. Thanks for all the prayers. Ann
Old 09-28-2004, 10:07 AM   #3  
Fun Blonde

Great to hear from you, Anne. Now we need to hear from Karen. I don't know the geography of Florida, but it did seem Karen was sort of on the path of Jean. By the way, do any of you know Peggy's email? Can somebody write her directly to see what is going on?

We are having the most gorgeous fall weather here in Oklahoma. I am sure we can blink and it will be cold, but for now, AHHHHHHH!

I wanted to write and give you the update with my child Cody. Yesterday was his 27th birthday. He is so different now that he is on the anti-anxiety medicine. He thanks us for all we have done all the time and when he calls, it is just to talk. I am almost afraid to say it, but I think he may be on his way to a real life. The best thing about Cody has always been that he has not done anything illegal or gotten involved with drugs or drinking. He was just so very timid, but he has always had friends and girlfriends. Just couldn't take being confronted when doing a job. I pray this has been his problem and it is on its way to being solved.

Life is so sweet!
Glenda
Old 09-28-2004, 12:03 PM   #4  

I am alive and well. Been busy taking advantage of the nice weather. Working in the yard cutting back the perrenials and now the leaves are falling. We went to Gatlinburg last weekend and stayed in a friends chalet. The traffic there is horendous plus there was a car show. We came in the back way and at night it is sort of scary. The roads twist and turn in the Smokies. Would have had a better time but my back went out before we went. Teach me to bend over and pick up some laundry. After a week of resting it is much better and been back to walking.

We decided to stay in our old house and have taken it off the market. The other one is still for sale. This fine with me but dh will have to find a place to store his tools and stuff since there is no room here. I was gettiing tired of cleaning this everyday to keep up with the showings. Now it looks lived in.

My old scale died a few weeks ago so I bought a new one. Yikes the old one was about 5lbs off. Now I have to work to lose those lbs I thought I lost all over again.

Maria so you have a sparkly nose. Way to go mom! Bet your kids think you are one cool mom. And you are going to be a granny too. I beat you by a month or so. So far dil's pregnancy is going well. The last I heard the baby was 6 centimeters.

Slavika thanks for the email. Sometimes when I come to 3FC's my computer freezes when that pop up pops up. I have a blocker but that causes it to freeze too. These things are so temperamental.

Ann so glad that you made it through another hurricane. HOpe Karen did too. That is some Fla welcome she is getting.

Glenda I can hear your heart sing about Cody. Hope it all works out for him.

My painting lady is keeping me busy painting old soup type pots with dogs on them and putting dog treats on the lid. They turn out real cute. I will see if I can post a picture. She has a craft show every weekend till Christmas so I have lots to keep my busy.

I promise to be back soon. Somehow time just gets away and can you believe that October is just days away?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:56 PM   #5  
Super Surfer

Talking Hi everyone..

Glenda... you sound so happy today. Good for you! I am so glad that your son is on level ground now. We always want our children to be happy and healthy.
Our weather has been great too, we just had another wonderful day. Just enjoy them because before too long we will be into winter. I just hate it when Daylight Saving ends and the days get so short and it gets dark so fast.
Peggy .. it is good to hear from you again. Making the decision to stay in yourhome must be a relief to you. On to the next step of selling the other house. A sore back can be such a pain
Ann ...Good to hear you made it through another hurricane. Looking forward to hearing what you did this time. Let's hope this is the end of it.
Maria... Sorry to hear you had stress in your life, wondered why we didn't hear from you. You are so regular, when you don't post I always wondrer where you are. All those people who received cars on Oprah have to pay the tax on them. It is amounting to something like $2,600.00, probably more money than they have. I wonder what they really poor people will do. I think Oprah is just great and I love her new look. I didn't look like that when I turned 50..
I have a computer question... I just tried the Microsoft patch Service Pack 2 for Windows XP... it is for the jpg. pictures. The installation failed 3 times... why??? Has this ever happened to anyone?

I was back at the Allergist today. I have a Patch Test going, they used 9 of the products I brought in. I did notice today, that my shampoo (Thermasilk) made my face burn, so I won't be using that anymore. The doctor suggested trying the new Dove Shampoo. After the appointmet my DH and I went looking for a new winter jacket for me. I did buy one, but Slavika and our friend weren't too keen on it. I have to admit I am not too crazy about it either, but it was the best of what I tried on. I will try another shopping mall and see what they have. I ended my afternoon with Tea Time... Slavika has a great recipe for Key Lime Pie... just delicious.

See you all later, bye bye...
Old 09-28-2004, 09:48 PM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Cool

Hello once again:

Glenda: I'm happy for you that things aare working so much better with your son. Parents just never seem to be able to put the worries of kids out of mind, even when they are adults.

Peggy: Glad to hear from you, and that you no longer have to sweat out the multiple showings of your house. Your DH will haave to get one of those little portable sheds to make a tool room. Hope your back is doing better. I'd have problems going through the windy mountain roads. I don't really like thata kind of driving conditions. When we were in Arizona and drove down from Flagstaff to Sedona, I had to close my eyes a lot of the time. Just a wimp I guess.

Maria: Hope things are better with you now, and how cool to have a sparkler on the side of your nose. And better yet, to become a grandma. You will have such fun. I can imagine this baby will have lots of TLC. Hope your DD will not be too upset, but she knows that first things first, and if a baby is not in her immediate future, that is the choice she has made.

Slavika: What is the Key Lime pie?

Trudy: Check out www.KimKomando.com I get a lot of tips from that site, and there are a lot of people sho have written in about XP. You might find the answer to your question, or you can send in your own question. Hope you get your allergy problem solved. Let us know how you like the Dove shampoo.

Karen: HOpe you still fared okay with Jeanne. She was a real meany!!!. Polk county has really been the center of all 3 hurricanes. There was a big article in our paper today about that. It has been a history making event. Never found before in the records of weather. That is a kind of history we sure could do without. Our park had a lot more damage. People that hadn't had a problem with Charlie or Frances, got hit this time. We were very blessed- lost a few more shingles, and an upper panel of screen on our porch. I feel badly for those friends who have lost so much. It almost makes one feel guilty that we were spared.

We went to the shelter again. This experience was a bit different, as we lost power. There was an auxillary generator that ran a few lights, and also a large fan to circulate the air. There were about 75 families, lots of kids. The sound of the storm was even evident in that big gymnasium. Noisy !! And to look out the door and see the trees and light poles bent right over, you could appreciate the power of the storm. It would have been really scary to have tried to ride it out in our house. But there were some people who did stay. When the police drove up and down the streets saying mandatory evacuation, we knew we were going. Actually we had no idea of staying. We were nearly ready to leave when they drove by. I think people who stayed were very foolish, and took chances. The wind drove the rain right through the windows, and under the doors of the school, and they had to mop up fast to keep it from going into the gym.

We didn't have power for two days. Came on last night at midnight. We came home and our phone worked, then after the power came back on, the telephone didn't work. Blessings on the cell phone.

Our clubhouse had some leaks, so no activities there this week until the damage can be assessed. Many of the Polk Co. schools are still closed, as there is no power.

All I can say is that Florida has made history in at least of couple of ways -
4 years ago the voting fiasco, and then being the first state since 1880 to have four hurricanes to hit in once season. I think the insurance industry is reeling from all the claims. Our adjuster came a couple of weeks ago, and we got a check. We are just waiting for the roofer to come and put on the roof. But there are so many other people that need so much, we can't complain. We had a little leak, but before Jeanne arrived, we had a fellow come and put tar on all the places that could possibly cause a leak, and I am happy to say, that we had no more from this storm.

Well, enough is enough!! See you tomorrow. Ann
Old 09-29-2004, 01:16 AM   #7  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

It's getting late, but DH is out of town on business and I had watched TV and then came here to see how you all are doing. Peggy it is great hearing from you. You sound busy with your crafting, but happy that you don't have to keep your house looking spic and span every minute of the day. YIKES....that would be a chore. Glenda I think that is just super that your Cody is doing so well.
I'm happy for him and you too. Maria your DD turn will come, and in the meantime she can take pleasure in knowing that she will be an aunt soon. Ann nice hearing from you. Boy what an experience you folks have had in Florida. I guess now the work of getting power back to all the people, then the cleaning and rebuilding will start. Maybe Karen is still without power.....
I went to Weight Watchers today, and my weight stayed exactly the same as last week I don't know why I didn't show a loss, it seemed like I had a fairly good week. Oh well, I know that happens sometime.
Here's the recipe for the Key Lime Squares.

Key Lime Squares
9 low fat Graham wafer crackers
1 pkg. "light" Lime Jello (dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water)
1-1/2 Cups Fat Free Key Lime Yogurt (I use Astro)
2 cups Low Fat Cool Whip
METHOD
Line an 8 x 8 pan with the Graham Crackers
Boil 1/2 cup water, and dissolve the lime jello
Whisk the jello into the 1-1/2 cups yogurt
Fold in the Cool Whip
Spread the whole mixture over the Graham crackers.
Put in the fridge for about 3 hours.
Whole recipe is 13 points.
YIELD: 9 servings. Each serving about 1-1/2 points

*****You can top each serving with cool whip if you wish.

It's good, and very easy to prepare.

Last edited by slavika; 09-29-2004 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:55 PM   #8  

G'day all,

So good to 'see' you Peggy and that all is well. Sounds like you are very busy. Fancy you beating me by a month in becoming a grandma! I had a similar experience when I bought my new 'super-duper' scales, it also showed me considerably heavier than I was Very annoying.

Glenda Pleased things are working out for Cody and you can see the change. Kids are always a worry no matter how old they are, all we want for them to be happy and healthy.

Trudy I am not sure why the XP update failed for you 3 times. I know it was huge and if you have a dial up service connecting to the net, it may time out. The Service Pack 2 update is really to make your time on the internet more secure. I am not sure what you mean by the jpg pictures
I use Dove soap all the time and find it quite good. I am a bit old-fashioned and don't feel my face is clean unless it is washed with soap and water, Dove soap is ideal for me.
I hope you have success with the treating of your allergies.

Ann your description of the hurricane was not quite as humerous as your description of your last stay in the shelter . It must have been so scary. I can imagine you would wonder why you were spared and had so little damage and yet others have lost so much
Lets hope you do not make any more history, enough is enough

Slavika annoying not to record a loss, it all is a bit of a mystery at times.

I had a bit of excitement last night by being the successful bidder for a HP 19" LCD monitor on Ebay.
The monitor retails at about $1500 and I got it for $911!!
With the work that I do a larger monitor would be so good. DH agreed, we both decided to not go any higher than $1000. He was watching the bidding in Sydney, my dd and her dh was watching it in Melbourne and I was doing all the bidding in Adelaide!!!! Technology....it is just too much
I am now waiting to hear from the seller how he wants me to pay for it. He has a very good record with about 15 very positive comments.
I won't feel totally happy until I actually take delivery of the monitor
We have bought a few things on Ebay and it is very exciting but I have never spend this sort of money and do feel a little nervous

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 09-29-2004, 10:42 PM   #9  
Super Surfer

Smile Hi..

Maria The Service Pac 2 is to protect the 'puter from a Photo-Virus.. something new. I scanned the article and e-mailed it to you. I have to figure out how to scan documents and send them smaller.. it is going to be really big... sorry.
That must have been exciting to be bidding on E-Bay. Glad to hear you were successful and will have that lovely monitor.
Ann thanks for the addy... I checked out KimKomando, there certainly is a lot of information there. I found her information on how to correct the last problem I had. Should have looked there first, maybe I could have fixed the problem myself. I hope you don't have to go back to any shelters for a very long time.

See you all later.. bye by...
Old 09-29-2004, 11:47 PM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Just read real quick.

Sorry Glenda I didnt figure the points on the recipes. I copied them From WW Core recipes and they dont add the points. Will try and figure them out later.
I did go back and do a quick count. It really all depends on what you put in it.
and how much you add. Its like the salad. I wont make it for 4 I will make it for me I put a ton of lettuce in it and I will put 1/4 avacado in it as I love Avacado. I will make the entire Dressing Minus the Oil. When I mix it at work I will pull some out and add 1 Tsp Flaxseed oil . Got 1 Oil in for the day! How I make it comes up to about 5 points.

Trudy: You might want to call you Tech Support on the Service Pack 2. Alot of people are having problems with it. Maybe they can give you more info. Its important to get it but the problems are not worked out on it either.

Maria: What she is talking in JPGS is a person can now put something in a JPG file and you go to a web Page or open an Email with a Picture and it could really screw up your puter. It can download something you arent even aware of and when you run another program it will attach like a worm or Virius and destroy your puter. Not pretty....
MS and it god awful holes Thats why I dont use it

Ann: So good to see you and all was ok! Are you ready to move yet?
I have another friend down there and she is ready to move. Very sad.

Peggy: Long time no see! You sound so busy as always. Glad all is well.

Slavika: It happens Maybe next week! Just keep going you always do!

Later!

Last edited by LilyG; 09-30-2004 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:25 AM   #11  

all very interesting Lily.
I had some info on service pack 2 and have forwarded it to Trudy.
So do you use Linux (I think that is what the other system is called)

I leave all the techno stuff to my dh

My new monitor is arriving tomorrow, I just heard from the seller

Cheers
Maria
Old 09-30-2004, 12:26 PM   #12  
Fun Blonde

Lily, I am sorry. I keep forgetting about the core part of WW. Maybe when my husband retires and he does the cooking, I can do this. We just eat out way too much right now.

Florida has been in the news way too much. I am sure Ann and Karen will agree.....and it's not even election time. (ha!) I pray for all the people who are facing such terrible problems. Maybe now you can all sigh with relief?

Peggy, I was thrilled to hear from you. We were just sorried. And I bet you are happy to have made a final house decision. Sounds like your crafting is in high gear.

Maria, everytime I read about your impending grandmotherhood, I smile, just knowing the tremendous joy that is in store for you. Nobody can ever be prepared for it. These grandbabies own your heart with the first enraptured look. And by the first smile, you are so smitten you would lay in front of a train for them. Your daughter will have her time. I remember being in her shoes when my db and ds were first having kids and we seemed infertile. I longed for a baby so badly. But that time came for us too.

You all, do you understand what I am saying when I tell you I am a little down today? My officemate is so into "things" and has new shoes or new purse or new clothes every single day. I don't mean to sound envious--I am not! Just tired of oohing and aaahing over her things. I have become the most unenvious person in these years. This lady has such trouble at home. I am always so glad to have the peace of my little house with my awesome husband. She has no peace but she has stuff deluxe. Oh well, I will get off my soapbox now. I let her get to me today, I guess.
Glenda
Old 09-30-2004, 04:07 PM   #13  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Glenda I had a little grin as I read the bottom part of your last post. Years ago, when I was teenager (LOL LOL now you "know" that really was years ago), a cousin of my Dad and Uncle came to visit from some place in the States. He drove a very LARGE new car (I don't remember the kind) and all he did from the minute he arrived was to brag about HIS stuff....... Oh, you should see where "I" live, look at the kind of car "I" drive, look at this suit that "I" am wearing. Well, my Dad's brother was really getting sick of hearing all this, and then the cousin said, "look, at this watch I'm wearing, "I" paid $500.00 for it." My Uncle, I guess had enough and said to him, "see my watch, I paid $25.00 for it, and it says exactly the same time as yours does".....so which one of us is smarter"?
Old 10-01-2004, 01:35 AM   #14  

G'day everyone,

Long weekend for us this weekend
We are having beautiful spring weather, could well be a 'top down' day tomorrow
Talking of cars, I have to take ds and his wife to the airport this afternoon, they don't fit in the 'dream machine' so I am taking our Landrover. The last time dh drove it, he left it on empty (typical ) so I went to fill it with diesel this morning....I cannot believe the price of petrol, it cost me $78.00 to fill it The 'dream machine' only takes the very super petrol but at least it is a bit more economical than the Landrover.
With the long weekend coming up the prices are likely to rise by the end of the day hence I filled it very early this morning.
Being out and about so early (5.45 am) I thought I would go and do my shopping, my normal little supermarket is not open at that time so I drove to the super duper one about 2 miles from home.
I am so cross with myself, I spend twice as much as I would have had I gone to my 'expensive' local supermarket. There is so much stuff and so much choice, to top it all off when I dragged all the shopping inside one of the bags ripped and broke one of the jars of sauce that I had bought

Glenda there are some 'pains' about, the bad thing for you is that you work with them because I think the best thing about our age is that we do NOT have to put up with any cr-p! Several friends of dh we see very little now because I am so tired of the demeaning way they speak about women. One called in at the weekend and was amazed that my dh 'allowed' me to have a nose piercing Do you believe it??????
Obviously I would not have done it if dh really hated it but having to ask permission????????
You are so right we are very lucky to have survived our marriages after all the trial and tribulations of raising children, being short of money etc. etc.
I can honestly say that we are happier together now then we were even in the early days of our marriage. It is just a nice comfortable feel, no pretense, what you see is what you get!

Slavika I loved your uncles analogy. The older I am getting the less material things are important....having said that I do like my comforts like having a larger monitor for my work...I cannot wait to get it!

I must be off, I am looking forward to a nice long weekend,

Cheers
Maria
Old 10-01-2004, 11:24 AM   #15  

Hi all just taking a minute to let you all know we are ok. Our house is OK. Some of the Houses in the park were damaged but not unrepairable. The eye of the storm from what I understand did pass over us. Some people stayed and road out the storm in there homes. We however were well aways from all the action. We even manage to stay out of the way of all the rain. Came home Wednesday to no power. But it came back on tis morning. The phone began working yesterday.

I came back later.

Karen
Closed Thread