View Poll Results: Are you a procrastinator?
What's that mean? 0 0%
Nope, I like to get things done YESTERDAY 0 0%
I'll think about it later... 18 100.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 11:03 AM   #16  
Eve's Mom

What do I do when I see him today????

I am crying so much, I am all puffy.....I am so lonely that my stepmother sounds good to me, she is coming to my office for a hug.
Old 04-27-2001, 11:05 AM   #17  
Scotland's finest export

Default a thought

belle,
why on earth would he have left that binder with that one entry lying next to the phone where he knew you would see it?
i reckon he's trying to make you end the relationship cos he doesn't have the guts to do it himself.
and if i were you honey, i reckon i would. he's given you enough crap and you deserve better.
of course, it could all be a terrible mistake and he doesn't mean it anymore (a la bridget jones where mark darcy finds her diary). there's only one way to find out and that is to ask him.
but keep strong and remember we are all here for you. i know it seems like everything is going pear-shaped right now, but the best thing about that is things will definitely improve from now on. believe me. i've been there, survived that and heck, i won a bloody cruise yesterday. miracles can and do happen!!

hi to everyone else,
kirsty
Old 04-27-2001, 11:25 AM   #18  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Kirtsy.... You are AWESOME.. You are blunt, bold and to the point!!!! I love your attitude! And the bloody cruise will be fabulous!!!!
Old 04-27-2001, 11:26 AM   #19  
Crime Fighter

Default Belle's got me out of lurking!

Belle honey, believe me when I say you will thank him so much for this one day!
Amen to Kirsty! Leaving out that journal is the most passive-aggressive thing I've heard in a long time. He knew you'd find it, sweetie!
This guy has put you through so much, Belle... I'm sure it must be difficult for you to feel safe around him. He has been absolutely chaotic since last summer (the time I joined the Board).
My advice is: Don't see him today. You are feeling very vulnerable and sad. You really want him to say "all the right things" right now, and my guess is that you are willing to read in between the lines to find any hope at all -- i.e. focussing on the "great sex" part of the journal entry instead of how he wants to break up with you, there's no spark, etc...
I think that this guy knows that he is not the man for you, but is too afraid to actually make a decision. You will not be happy with a man that is so weak, Belle. This man has caused so much turmoil in your life... my opinion is that you should walk away before this degenerates further.
Take care!
L.
Old 04-27-2001, 11:36 AM   #20  
Eve's Mom

Although the thought crossed my mind, I think the book was really a mistake. He wrote in the middle of it, and it's his phone message notepad. I really think he just forgot he wrote in it.

The thing with my b/f is that he does what really suits him. So why has he not broken up with me at this point? I don't get any of it.

My friend just called and said - well, but things have been so much better the past 6-7 weeks, right? I said yes. Her advice is to settle my emotions first, and then have a deep talk with him, and if I don't get answers I want, then say, we need to have time off, however long, even if its forever. And if he wants me at all, he'll come back to me, then on my terms.

I guess that 's good advice.

I sure do miss him though, after being apart for a week.
Old 04-27-2001, 11:38 AM   #21  
Eve's Mom

I sure wish I could blink, but my eyes are all swollen and dry from crying.

Sure need a gin and tonic, but its only 9:30.
Old 04-27-2001, 11:41 AM   #22  

Default Happy Friday to all

I am so thrilled that it is the weekend. I have a hundred things on my mind though. I was MIA yesterday because I didn't have a computer at work. I have been doing pretty well on points this week. I went over 3 days but sould have made up wir it with exercise and savings point on the other days. Wil find out toorrow at WI. I was kind of annoyed at myself about hwat I ate at lunch yesterday. Oh well, it's done with.

Kristy - Congrats on winning the cruise. I wish I could see your show, how cool!

Lolly - Have a fun weekend/bday celebration.

Belle - I hate to be negative but maybe it is time to move on. You need to decide if your relationsip with him is worth all of the emotional pain he has put you through so far. Best of luck in this difficult situation.

Kay - you are so close, yahoo! Congrats on your great loss and you will make the 25 very soon!

Tilley - Congrats on your loss as well. Glad to hear that your arthritis is feeling better this week. I just went to the arthritis doc today and can decrease my medication.

Brenda - Your weekend plans sound fantastic. I may do some work outside again this weekend although I need to paint. I just don't want to miss the beautiful weather!

Jen - good luck with the in-laws tonight!

Suzanne - I agree about maxing points. My leaders have told me that many people lose better/fast when they eat more. they often tell poeople on plateaus to increase their points to the max or even above and to give it 2 weeks.

My MIL works as a WW receptionist and was telling me last night about how much you can make as a WW leader. I really would love top get to goal and work for WW part-time. Maybe if I get good enough, I could increase my meetings and make lots of money and then just keep my ciurrent job part-time. Wishful thinking but who knows. I still have to get to goal first.

DH is away tonight and tomorrow so I have all this time to do whatever I want. I am going to the gym tonight and then to buy a zillion wedding and shower gifts (4 weddings in June, 2 showers this month). Tomorrow is the gym and WI. I don't know what to do with the rest of my day! I feel like there are so many things I should do but I don't feel like it. Argh. I need to get the damn independents sstudy overwith (Strategic HR planning). Ok enough venting.

Have a giood weekend everyone. I will try to check in later. Hi to everyone I did not respond to.

Sarah
194.4/162.8/153WW
Old 04-27-2001, 11:47 AM   #23  
Scotland's finest export

Default men are pants

gin and *slimline* tonic...

belle, do you really think it's a genuine mistake? or are you trying to convince yourself? i don't want to be ms cynical, but it just isn't something you'd leave lying around once you'd written it. definitely have that talk with him, but i can't help thinking he's hurt you once too often.

as for missing him. who was it that said "absence makes the heart grow fungus"? they're kinda right. you miss someone at first and then you get over them and you no longer miss them. just takes time. and cocktails help i find...
Old 04-27-2001, 11:57 AM   #24  

Default to all the men that have hurt us~

SPINELESS JELLYFISH!!!!

eRGH!

Anyways~

Kirsty- you are funny! cocktails help a lot, you are right!

Sarah- how much can you make as a leader anyways?

Brenda- have agreat weekend!

Belle- it's your decision always, do what you feel in your heart, you are a smart girl.

Okay almost time for lunch....my stomache is starting to growl!
Old 04-27-2001, 12:02 PM   #25  
Crime Fighter

Sarah I'm not sure what Leaders make where your franchise is, but I'm a leader here in Ottawa and let me tell you I do not do this for the money!
It's a great experience and it keeps me on track and it gives my public speaking abilities tremendous reinforcement, but in the end the positives trancend the financial!
L.
Old 04-27-2001, 12:49 PM   #26  

Default leader pay

My MIL works in Florida and the cost of living and meeting is much less. They have an average weekly meeting price of $10, here it is an average of $12-13. The leader make s9% of meetin revenue. If you have 50 people come to WI, revenue if $600, 9% of that is $54. Depending on how many meetings and how large they are, I fugure a leader can make $400/wk. Doesn't sound bad to me.

Lola - How does it work up there?

Sarah
Old 04-27-2001, 01:10 PM   #27  
Scotland's finest export

Default it's drinking time!

well girls, it's after 6pm in the uk. and i'm sipping a glass of wine as i finish my pages and shut down my computers (obviously not this one yet). i'm off to a works do tonight - free food and booze! but i don't need to worry about blowing my points cos our company are stingy and the portions will be small...never mind, it should be a fun night. we're allocated half a bottle of wine per person so our dept admin person has made up some names of people (who won't be going) in order to get more wine for our table! hee hee. i'm sure they won't suspect a thing as to why we have so many extra chairs....
hope you all have a fantastic weekend and good luck staying on points and sorting out the men (boys?) in our lives! ooh and the weans as well (that's children in west coast scots, east coast is bairns).
la la la,
love to you all, speak to you monday,
kirsty
Old 04-27-2001, 01:18 PM   #28  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good afternoon ladies.

Don't Friday's Rock!!!

Belle - I'm sure I'd feel awful too if I were you. The best thing to do I think, would be to ask him to be honest with you about the relationship. (Whether you tell him what you read or not is up to you - I'm not sure I would.) It sounds like if all that's still the case he's not ready for a relationship period - meaning it has nothing to do with you. Cliche' I know, but seems like the deal here. But also, that really great talk that you had with him a few weeks ago seemed sincere... so maybe a lot has happened since then. That talked seemed to me like he came to his senses and saw how lucky he was to have you. Hang in there!

Sarah - I think you mixed me up with Angie. I don't have arthritis, thankfully. But it's good to hear Angie's is getting better.

Angie - I think my lust for Colby may cloud my judgement. I haven't picked up on his arrogance. I think I'm just biased because he makes me swoon

Kay, Trish, Lolly, Kristy, Jen - Have a fab weekend!!!!

Thanks for all the support girls!

Lisa
Old 04-27-2001, 01:56 PM   #29  
Crime Fighter

Sarah it works on a % here too, but it roughly works out to being $1/member if you have 20+ members. I guess you can make some money at it if you are willing to take on a lot of meetings, or if your meetings are super-big but that's more of a commitment than I'm willing to make right now. I definitely recommend the experience, though, in becoming a leader!
Old 04-27-2001, 02:32 PM   #30  

Remember me????

What a killer week at work!!!! But, my big project is finished, just have to turn it in, thank goodness, I was really going thru withdrawal not talking to all of you great girls!!!

Have fun drinking tonight Kirsty, I am sure you are already three sheets to the wind by now (just kidding! )

Since I haven't posted in 3 days, I doubt if I can respond to everyone, sorry! But, I am sending out a big "Hi"!

Belle ~ I think everyone has given great advice. I am sorry to see you hurting. But, I agree, you are a smart woman, follow your gut....if he is Mr. Wrong, and you waste your time with him, you could be passing up Mr. Right!

Well, I don't know much new here, besides work. I have been pretty OP this week, except yesterday, McDonald's and I had a run-in!

I have been walking every night which has been great, the weather is terrific here!

I am hoping to bail out of work early today, to enjoy the sunshine. So, I will see you all on Monday! Have a great weekend and stay OP!!

Bye...
Closed Thread