Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 02:44 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thumbs up Fabulous 40's And Fit 50's #161

Terri,
Great job on all that walking! Joey drives a Firebird, it's very cool looking, in pewter. It was his first new car, in 1999, that he purchased by himself.
Your paint choices will look great on the house!

Es,
I'm grocery shopping tomorrow also. Have been doing good all week with the exception of the after-dinner sweets. I've got to make sure I have fruit and ff pudding in the house so I don't go after the "bad" stuff.

Janie,
Good going with the walking!

hi Dianne, Sandy, Linda, Ruth
~Jen
Old 07-10-2004, 04:35 PM   #2  

Hi all,
Before I left to go to Ohio I went to weigh-in and lost .2
Today I went to weigh-in for the first time since coming home and I was down 2.4 pounds. I knew I walked a lot.

Janie,
Walking is a great exercise. You are doing great. I walked 6 since I got back. Not getting tired doing it helps.

Jen,
Joey's car sounds really cool. I loved my Firebird.

I will weigh on Saturdays. I won't report in on a loss/gain until Monday.
Except for today. So Monday I will chime in with a 2.4 loss.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 07-10-2004, 08:04 PM   #3  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Angry

Hi Girls It's Es! I've been trying to get in here all day. David decided to clean out all the junk I had in my computer cause he said it was running too slow, then I couldn't log in here. I had to register like if I'm new. Now I have to start all over. WHAT A BUMMER.

Terri, congrats on your loss.

I'm really looking forward to our new challenge. My weigh-in day will be Mondays.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Love,
Es
Old 07-12-2004, 07:36 AM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

1st day of our Labor Day Challenge!

After no losses for two weeks, I weighed in this morning to begin the Challenge, and showed a loss of 4 more lbs. I began our June 1st challenge at 250, was hovering at the 241 mark after losing the 9. This morning I'm at 237 The number is going down slowly...now I can look at only 12 more lbs. to reach my first 10%.

We finally have real summer-like weather here. Yesterday we spent the day in the yard and pool with Jess, Michael and the boys. Today and tomorrow they're predicting 90's and high humidity I love it!

Terri,
great job on the loss You continue to inspire me. The walking is awesome!

Have a great day everyone

~Jen
Old 07-12-2004, 12:31 PM   #5  

Es,
I guess I am ready to start. Monday is not my favorite WI day because it is right after the weekend (the hardest time for me) but I'll do it. I am currently 161 and want to loose 10% so my goal is 145. I don't think I will get there by Labor day, More likely the end of Sept.

Terri,
I enjoy walking too. It is a great time to think, and since I am the analytical one , I realy enjoy thinking. I get some of my best ideas when I'm walking. Tell Britt I am jealous of her car. A lot of my friends had sporty cars when I was her age, and I drove a Gremlin

RUth,
How is Dylan doing? I hope you don't mind, I put him on my church's prayer chain. There is nothing like the power of prayer!!!

Jen,
How's that pool of yours doing? It has been quite hot here this last week. It would be nice to have a pool to fall into when I get home from work.

Hi to Diane, Sandy and Linda,

TTYL
Janie
Old 07-12-2004, 05:48 PM   #6  
NeverGiveUp

Talking

Okay Ladies! Day 1 of our Labor Day challenge! We are ready to rock & roll. I weighed in at 191. No problem. There will be less of my by September. :

Janie, that was very thoughtful of you to put Dylan on the prayer chain. Prayer chains work miracles.

Jen, we can do this. Congrats on your loss. Way to go!!!!! I'm very happy to hear you have nice weather. Enjoy the pool.

Just wanted to pop in & say hi. Be back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Es

Monday 7/12/04 - 191
Old 07-13-2004, 12:33 AM   #7  

Jen,
You are going down girl! Great loss.
Have fun in that pool.

Es,
Good luck to you. You can do it.

Janie,
Mondays are hard for me too. The reason it is hard for me is not that I want to go off program for the weekend but since the weekend is the time we go out to restaurants I want to eat saltier foods and I can't do that the 3 days before weigh-in. I weigh on Saturday so I watch my sodium from Wed. on. On a week that nothing special is going on I use my flexpoints at the restaurants on the weekend. I learned long ago that it doesn't pay to go off on the weekend just because I weigh on Saturdays but I need to watch my sodium for a good weigh-in and I can't go out to dinner and watch it as well as I need to.
I will weigh on Saturdays and report on Mondays.

I walked 3 miles tonight. It felt so good. Britts and I talked nonstop.
Have a great Tuesday guys.

Terri

Last edited by points; 07-13-2004 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:27 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Weighing in on Saturday does make a lot of sense, I can see why you do so.
Good job on the walk! I'm still not at the point where I can walk for exercise; my toe is okay for daily activity, but still find myself favoring it slightly. I'm setting Labor Day as my first day of walking. Meanwhile I've got the exercise bike and the pool. I'll admit I hate to exercise. Have to force myself to do the bike, but the pool's no problem

Es,
Doesn't matter where we start...it's where we're going and where we end up, right? I have a smoked turkey breast sandwich 5 days a week for lunch. It's not boring...in a weird way it makes me feel in control by knowing exactly what I'll have each day. I purchase 10 thin slices from the deli so there's no waste, and then use 2 per day. Gee, I'm getting old and weird!!!!

Janie,
Good luck, and weigh in whenever you wish, nothing's written in stone. I love having the pool. It is very nice to come home from work and relax in.

Last night I had to attend the village Council meeting of the town I work for. New employees are introduced to the mayor and council members by their bosses, who give a short bio. about each new employee. It's televised on their local cable channel. Joe accompanied me; it's a very nice way of making us feel welcome. I work for the town Joey lives in...but he wasn't home to tape the program!

Have a great day HI to Dianne, Linda (are you in WDW yet?),Ruth, Sandy

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 07-13-2004 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:51 PM   #9  

Terri,
I wouldn't say that I go off on weekends, but I have a harder time staying on. I tend to have a little wine on the weekends and as you said we go out to resteraunts, also I tend to not get my water intake on weekends. I am out and about and don't always remember to bring it with me.

Jen,
WHen did you start working for the town (which town?) What do you do? I presume it has something to do with accounting.

BTW have you ever heard of Enova Oil? It is a new oil developed from canola and soy oil that is designed to be burned up instead of stored in fat tissue. I understand it has mostly diglicerols which are not stored and regular oils have both diglycerols(sp?) and triglycerols(sp?), but mostly triglycerols that are stored.(I know... ) I heard it was being test marketed in Chicago and Atlanta areas. I was hoping that you could try it out for us. Check out www.enovaoil.com

Es,
HAve you tried weight commander? Its a shareware program that I got off this site( $8.95) I really like it. I have only been using it for a week but it is helping to keep me on track. I've lost a pound already
Linda,
What is WDW? Is that Weigh Down Workshop? Good Luck with it. I tried it for a while with some success but I ended up coming back to WW. WW somehow seemed healthier to me.

Dianne, Sandy and RUth.

Janie

Last edited by JanieD; 07-13-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:29 PM   #10  
NeverGiveUp

Talking

Terri, I know exactly what you mean about weighing in on Saturdays. When I was attending meetings I weighed in on Friday. We always eat chinese food on weekends so it gave me time to get rid of the water weight. Hmmmm... maybe I should go back to Friday. Walking makes you feel so good. Keep it up.

Janie, I've heard others online talk about the weight commander. Maybe I'll check it out. Doesn't matter what day we weigh ourselves. We can all just post it on Mondays. Whatever is easier for you. We want to make this fun not complicated. I think I'm going to start weighing on Friday. Terri made a good point.

Jen, cool about the new employees meeting the mayor. I eat a sandwich 4 days for lunch too! Makes it much easier. Sometimes I'll have a smart one. And, you're not old & weird.

Ladies, have a nice evening. I will be back tomorrow.

Hi to the rest of the gang

Love,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 07-13-2004 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:42 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie,
At the end of March I accepted a job with a neighboring town, Palatine, only 7 miles away, in their village hall as a customer service rep, which includes all of their accounts receivable, switchboard and cashiering. I am very happy with it. It's close to the house, so no commute to the city! Contact with the public (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment) and bookkeeping, which I love; it's the best of both worlds. Plus great benefits I wanted a municipal job, and focused my search in that area. Being off work for 3 and a half years was awesome, but I knew I had to get back and exercise the brain cells, so I waited till I found the perfect job. Now that we're back to two incomes....and no kids at home...it's worth it

I haven't really paid attention to any new oils on the market, I use only olive or canola. I'll certainly look for the Enova oil and give it a try and let you all know. Thanks for the info. I enjoy wine on the weekends also, so I try to do with less points on weekdays to make up for it

will be back later,
~Jen
Old 07-14-2004, 07:52 AM   #12  

Default I'm still here!!!!

Hi ladies!! I'm still here in NY and boy what a couple of weeks it's been.

First of all we leave Saturday for WDW (Walt Disney World). My allergies have been really, really bad and I wound up at the Dr.s Sat. Good thing; he said if I hadn't come in then, I may have had a hard time on the flight with my ears! Now when it comes to my ears I am definately at the top of the "wimp list". So he loaded me up on meds; a decongestant and antihistimine for morning, a decongestant and antihistimine for night, Predisone ? (steriod for anti-inflamation) and a special nose spray. Great...now if my nerves would calm down I'd be just fine.

Today I go to the Ortho Dr.s office to fill the papers out for the surgery and firm up the dates. Something else to worry about!!!!

All I've done these past two weeks is stress and worry!! My nerves are frazzled and I won't completely calm down until my feet hit Florida soil! In all honestly, I am feeling better. At least now I can "pop" the ears if I feel a little pressure in them. Lastweek I couldn't do that.

So just incase I'm running around, and don't get back on, I'll see you guys after July 25th.

Hope everyone is well................hugs to all!!

Old 07-14-2004, 05:19 PM   #13  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi

Linda, lots of people have been suffering with allergies. Hope you feel better real soon. I'm sure when you get to Florida you'll feel much better both physically & mentally. Have a great time.

Janie, I cook with Canola & olive oil but I'll check it out.

Jen, what ever happened to the SBD? Did you do the first 2 weeks? Just curious.

Let me go. I have to call my nephew's wife. It's her birthday.

Hasta manana.

Hugs,
Es
Old 07-15-2004, 07:57 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
No, I never got around to beginning the SB diet I'm still reading the book off and on....it seems like a lot of shopping and cooking, which I haven't been doing much of! Perhaps one of these weeks I'll give it a shot.

Linda,
Have a great trip!!!

HI to everyone

~Jen
Old 07-16-2004, 06:55 AM   #15  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

Jen, stick with WW. It's for life. It's not complicated. Any diet works if you stick to it but once you go off the weight creeps up again. At least with WW we can eat carbs.

I'm going to the dentist today for a check up then back home to start packing. We move in two weeks. I'm very excited.

I'll be back later.

Hugs,
Es
Closed Thread