Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 09:43 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Hot and Humid Hump Day

I hope that title isn't taken in the wrong way

Anyway Morning all, it is summer weather here. I have an appointment with a therapist next week. It is so expensive, but I do have insurance so I'll be okay. I had a nasty migrane this morning, but it's lifting.

Karen: mmm I love the Pita Pit!

Lori: Nice to see ya

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-09-2004, 10:04 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

If you said hot and horney we'd be worried about you Ali I hope your head feels better - it's my migrane season too. I have only had 2 this year..yay!!

I missed yesterday due to INSANE activity in the office, but today should be way slower, thank goodness.

I have WI tonight. I am worried b/c I wasn't really, nay, wasn't at all counting points this week. Last week I was, this week, not so much. I had way more activity and exercise, but I wasn't counting, just watching what I was consuming and trying to not eat a whole litre of ice cream (kidding..., however I did have a piece of strawberry-rhubarb pie the other night).

So, we'll see how it goes. Hopefully well. I am going with my mom, I doubt any sisters are coming. I am pretty proud of myself for sucking it up and going!!!

I am in a bit of a funk lately, as DF and I are both over-worked, over-tired and haven't been on a holiday in a long time - not even just to stay home. I haven't had a couple days off since xmas. We planned to take 2 weeks in august, but now his flighty sister has decided to get married Aug 7 in NB - that 's about $1600 in plane fare for the 2 of us, plus hotel and car rental (because there is no way in ****'s half acre that I'll stay with is mom again after what she did to me last summer). That's about a $2500 trip which we can't afford with our wedding and with buying the new house. I am a bit pissed off that she is doing that on such short notice. At least if she would have told us in advance we could have planned for it. THAT GIRL!

Anyway, I am thinking I might stay home and let him go for a week - it'd be cheaper, at least we'd save the flight, and he can stay with his mom without her killing him (it's me she hates). So, there goes a week of our holidays together. Either we wind up spending a fortune and going to NB or we spend it apart. Lovely.

I am trying not to be grumpy about it, becuase my fam is here and his is there, and it's his only sister and I know he wants to go. So, we'll see. On the other hand, I don't really want to miss it either. This is his sister, my in-law and the future auntie to my kids, so maybe I should suck it up and incur more debt. And risk his mother freaking out on me again.

What do y'all think??

Well, to work I go - have an annoying meeting in 20 minutes....crum....

PS - Kier! It's the final countdown - 25 days to go!!
Old 06-09-2004, 10:16 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Belle: ouch, tough decision I know. Does you BF have any other friends/family you could possibly stay with. Does your alumni association or job have any discounts with any hotels? You could also see if there are any hotel/car package deals. Wow that is also a quickly planned wedding... Forgot to mention, my BF was talking about Alberta last week and then said "Watertown would make an amazing honeymoon spot".... I thought that was positive

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-09-2004, 12:01 PM   #4  
Eve's Mom

OMG that is where we are going for our honeymoon! Well, in May 2005 we're doing Europe, but for right after the wedding we're going there!! Congrats on your "wedding talk". Funny how we notice every little hint at commitment and they prob dont' even think of it....
Old 06-09-2004, 12:17 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Morning - We went out last night to celebrate a co-workers upcoming wedding (it's July 3rd) - there will be over one THOUSAND people at her ceremony!! She's East Indian and has a HUGE family and so does her fiance plus the entire community comes out to celebrate. Her reception is small though - around 450. I can't even THINK about that many people in one place.
Ali - hope you're head is feeling better - sounds like the BF is on the right track!!
Belle - That's a hard decision for you. I agree that you shouldn't stay with his mom if you both end up going but it could be really nice for both of you to stay in a hotel - if you think of it more as an opportunity to be together and MAKE SURE you get some alone time while you're there - Also, like you say, she will be your SIL...maybe his mom will be so distracted with wedding details that she won't have time to bug you? Time alone is not a bad thing either...let us know what you've decided...

gotta get some stuff out of the way. I'll try to check back but I'm running a social for the social committee this afternoon so...

KT
Closed Thread